• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N, Ghetsis, or Colress?

N, Ghetsis, or Colress?

• N

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Ghetsis

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Colress

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
  • I have to vote for our favourite anti-villain - N Harmonia. When I stepped into his childhood bedroom, it suddenly reminded me of those unfortunate unsubs in Criminal Minds who just suffered as much as their victims did. A wonderfully scripted character.

Ghetsis is a great villain, which I admire but only from afar. Colress felt a little too 'out there' for my tastes.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Gen V really brought interesting characters to the table, especially on the 'evil' spectrum. N exemplified the naivety and ignorance; a product of brainwashing, and highlighted the perversion/subversion of morality and justice that's been exploited for selfish gains. He was almost like a protagonist in a story that ran parallel to the game's protagonist; I use the analogy of him being like a Distortion World twin of the protagonist. Ghetsis screams 'villain' in every way. Freezing an entire city, trying to take away your life, etc. I don't believe any other antagonistic faction has pushed it that far. You even have to admire the effort invested into raising up a puppet for his ulterior motives, and managing to confer the title of "Pokemon Hitler" upon himself lol. Colress is my favourite out of the three -- thus the recipient of my vote. At the start, he's not presented as a villain, and in fact, assists the player + criticize on the BW's Team Plasma. It's also notable that his rationale in joining Team Plasma is incongruent to the group's ideals; while they use pokemon for power, he desires to grant pokemon true and raw power. And this is perhaps why he has the ability to 'repent' and changes his alignment. I especially his scientist character archetype, representing pragmatic utilitarianism which hasn't been portrayed in the franchise before. (We've had the stereotypical mafia, theocracy, ecoterrorism and fashion terrorism, and of course, totalitarianism.) I also based my decision off the battles against him, and his theme which really underscored the whole concept of technology and technocracy.

Years
  • I have to vote for our favourite anti-villain - N Harmonia. When I stepped into his childhood bedroom, it suddenly reminded me of those unfortunate unsubs in Criminal Minds who just suffered as much as their victims did. A wonderfully scripted character.

I do admit N was a well-written character, with a very mysterious backstory and as the game continues you learn more about him. That bedroom of his really gave me emotional feels when I played for the first time, and I can relate to him because I suffer so much in my life as well.

Back