• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name ideas for future games

Pokémon will most likely continue to release two main series games side-by-side in the future as they've done so up until now. We've gotten a total of nine generations of main series games so far, with most generations having multiple sets of games - so it's quite a lot!

What ideas do you have to name more pairs of future games? (Optional) If you have story/lore ideas for why your games have the naming scheme they do, feel free to let us know.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    New generations
    • Amaranth / Teal. Derives one color name from a plant and the other from an animal. Focuses more on plants in the former and animals in the latter.
    • Flora / Fauna. Sounds nice together. Same theme as above.
    • Fame / Fortune. Revolves around an evil team bent on either gathering fame or fortune.
    • Treble / Bass. Stresses music. Names these games after the two legendary Pokemon.
    • Rain / Snow. Either rains or snows endlessly in some area of legend.

Old games
    • Midnight Black / Bright White. Could just make Black 3 / White 3 too.
    • XL / YZ: XL for extra large. YZ for...ignoring Zygarde in the original game. Might have trouble getting the first one copyrighted. Cannot do XD either. Stuck DX at the end of Link's Awakening, however. Maybe that.
    • Mega X / Mega Y. Makes sense, considering the gimmick.
    • Z-Sun / Z-Moon. Piggybacks off the gimmick again.
    • Singing Sword / Stout Shield. Keeps the alliteration intact.

beverlybilly

Banned
    Days
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    I see it in this way:
    Pokémon Dusk & Dawn: New region, balance of light and darkness.
    Pokémon Blaze & Frost: Extreme weather conditions, fire and ice.
    Pokémon Solaris & Lunaris: Celestial theme, sun and moon.

Years
    Pokemon Hope & Despair... face an overwhelming crisis. One game's world has given up and the other is still hopeful.I doubt Pokemon would make a game named Pokemon Despair though...

Pokemon Loyalty & Integrity... could be a plot about doing as the professor tells you to... doing dubious things, and if you start questioning them you can break free from them and maybe even work against them. Is probably too much of a pipe-dream for an actual good story with choices and consequences in Pokemon though. Then again story isn't my draw to the franchise anyway.

Pokemon Earth and Sky. Already had a land vs sea plot-line. How about one where we take to the skies and like fight on giant zeppelins or some other airborne vehicle. Could also be more fantasy like and be about putting pieces of earth into the sky like floating islands, or the aftermath of a catastrophe that left the world in such a state and be about restoring it or not. Or perhaps the Pokeverse gets invaded by a criminal team or hordes of Pokemon from the skies? Go go Red Barons!

stringzzz

Banned
    Years
    Pokemon Cheeseburger and Pokemon Tofu

One that might be a bit different would be 'Pokemon Brain & Pokemon Brawn'. I totally skipped XY and SWSH, so I don't know if they ever went back to the idea of having an evil team and an opposing team that was essentially good. If not, the last time was in RSE with Team Magma and Aqua. The version you played decided which Team was evil, where they were trying to obtain control of the mascot legendary to either expand the land mass (Ruby, Team Magma) or expand the ocean (Sapphire, Team Aqua), while the opposing team wanted to put a stop to them.

If it really hasn't been done since then, Brain & Brawn could have a similar idea. Brain's evil team could be bent on taking over the world and linking everyone's brains to some massive network to create a kind of 'super brain', with the mascot legendary being the key to somehow do this. Not entirely sure about Brawn's evil team in comparison, maybe the mascot legendary would essentially absorb everyone's strength to make some super strong Pokemon that would be unbeatable? Something along those lines, and of course the version you chose decides the evil team, with the other team actually playing the good guys trying to stop them from taking over and carrying out their goals.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I see it in this way:
    Pokémon Dusk & Dawn: New region, balance of light and darkness.

I don't think Dusk and Dawn will happen because Sun and Moon are the same thing.

I have some ideas for Pokemon Gem names if the next games go this route like I suspect they will.

Pokemon Garnet/Amethyst. I think since 2008 I've thought they'd use this name at some point. They still haven't.

But, I cna't think of anything else atm.

Days
    • He/Him/My Lordship
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I'd like for another Legends game titled Legends: Mew. Make it the Johto and Kanto regions combined with an event towards the end featuring Mew needing to seperate the once unified region into two. Maybe to stop Ho-Oh and Lugia from clashing with their elemental beasts/birds also needing to be seperated into the two regions.

I'd also settle for a new Conquest game. Could make it take inspiration from romance of the three kingdoms.
    Call it; Pokemon Conquest: Dynasty Wars.

Days
    • Seen Jan 20, 2024
    Pokemon Eternal Shadow and New Arena remake of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness & Pokemon Colosseum.

Pokemon Eternal Shadow have same story as Pokemon XD gale of Darkness but with gen 9 and new Shadow Pokemon, quest system or mission, exp-share all.

Pokemon New Arena have same story but gen 1-9 Pokemon Include Shadow Pokemon, exp-share all, post game content.

Years
    Back around the time of HG/SS, my guesses were that the Gen 5 games would be called Pokemon Scarlet and Jade.

When lots of us thought there'd be a third version of X/Y, I called it Pokemon Zed. The letter Z is pronounced "zee" in the US, where I'm from, but I chose the international pronounciation of that letter to rhyme with Red.

Back