• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: National History Museum [FINAL RELEASE v1.0.4] - A Pokémon Escape Room

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Counter points (albeit tongue-in-cheek ones ;) ):
    1. It's got Pokémon from the National Dex
    2. There's nothing natural about Pokémon
    1. I haven't played your game, but the museum in the game appears to have nothing to do with a national dex.
    2.Pokemon are natural within the Pokemon universe and a natural history museum is a type of museum when a "national history" museum is not. See this article for details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_history_museum
    3. Having said that, it's your game and you can call it whatever you want.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    1. I haven't played your game, but the museum in the game appears to have nothing to do with a national dex.
    2.Pokemon are natural within the Pokemon universe and a natural history museum is a type of museum when a "national history" museum is not. See this article for details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_history_museum
    3. Having said that, it's your game and you can call it whatever you want.
    LOL. That comment wasn't even from me 😂

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Updated to version 1.0.1
    See new link and version history in main post for details (includes spoilers!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    Played for another hour yesterday. Didn't record so here's another wall of text/log

Spoiler: Making it to the ground floor

Having lots of fun. Can't wait to crack the double battle & ice puzzles

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Played for another hour yesterday. Didn't record so here's another wall of text/log

Spoiler: Making it to the ground floor

Having lots of fun. Can't wait to crack the double battle & ice puzzles
    You're making good progress!
    I really enjoy reading this diary style, thanks for sharing!

Most of the stuff you mentioned got already polished in the new update as well.
    It also won't break save games.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I just want to make sure I did it right and didn't just cheat on accident (I am playing on v1.0.1):

Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I just want to make sure I did it right and didn't just cheat on accident (I am playing on v1.0.1):

Spoiler:
    You actually found a way to trick the game which I have to analyze now. There's implementation in place that should stop you from doing this. But bugs are possible of course. Thanks for reporting!

(For anyone reading this: game is still very well playable, but a small bug was reported)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    Welp, last evening and tonight weren't great

Spoiler: as stuck as a jar of pickles that's really stuck

The diary above was written just to let you know where I am in the escape room, wizz. Not asking for hints (unless from my story you notice that the game has given me the wrong tools (wrong ability, missing item, wrong attack, ...), just writing it all out in the hopes inspiration strikes

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Welp, last evening and tonight weren't great

Spoiler: as stuck as a jar of pickles that's really stuck

The diary above was written just to let you know where I am in the escape room, wizz. Not asking for hints (unless from my story you notice that the game has given me the wrong tools (wrong ability, missing item, wrong attack, ...), just writing it all out in the hopes inspiration strikes
    I admire your tenacity!

So first of all: all assumptions and conclusions you make at the top of your post are correct!

I'll give you one tiny hint to understand the NPC messages a little better: CAPS are there for a reason!

Besides that all tools are available for you! Your abilities are correct as well. Focus on them as adviced and also think about why you had to tutor moves. I mean, everything has a reason, right?

I'll cheer you on!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    I'll give you one tiny hint to understand the NPC messages a little better: CAPS are there for a reason!
    I had noticed those both in the F1 NPC as the F3 NPCs

Besides that all tools are available for you! Your abilities are correct as well. Focus on them as adviced and also think about why you had to tutor moves. I mean, everything has a reason, right?

Thanks for confirming I'm not fighting against a bug or edge case of the code.

I'll cheer you on!
    I'm so sorry but

Spoiler: I cracked and peeked at the video you shared in the original post

Final rating:
    Graphics: 4.5 out of 5 Victini
    Difficulty of puzzles: challenging yet fair
    Communication of clues (on a scale of Whismur to Exploud): Loudred (the exact nice sweet spot)

Total: 5 out of 7 - not enough water ;) (or in other words, when's the next escape room?)

Spoiler: Some random bullet points

Days
    • Seen yesterday

I'm so sorry but

Final rating:
    Communication of clues (on a scale of Whismur to Exploud): Loudred (the exact nice sweet spot)

Total: 5 out of 7 - not enough water ;) (or in other words, when's the next escape room?)

Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!
    Also thanks for all the feedback you gave along the way!

If you give the last battle another go please let me know in private how you solved it. There was a few solutions possible so far and I'm really eager to see your approach to it!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday

I'm so sorry but

Final rating:

Little remark to the last battle:
    Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Freezai just released a cut together of his recent stream of the hack.

The link is added to the main post.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys,
    here's a little update on what's going on at the moment.

1.) new release is out now. Version 1.0.2 includes some bugfixes, a little bit of hint updates and some serious quality of life improvements.
    This includes: instant text option, added running shoes and finally running from trainer battles!

2.) There have been a couple streams in these days on Youtube and Twitch. I added the one from Chrism on the main post. There's more to come soon...

3.) Unfortunately there have been reports of rare game freezes at a specific point in time right after defeating Stakataka. This usually doesn't happen and is hard to trace down for me. I am working on it! So long, please make a save state before the double battle!

4.) I added my personal best for any speed running attempts. So go ahead and try to beat 00:24:42! ;-)

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Updated to version 1.0.3 that (hopefully) finally fixes the game freeze glitch that happened in rare cases during the double battle. Root cause was an edge case in the AI switching logic that has now been patched by RHH/DizzyEgg.

Also a few tiles were updated to new graphics after running into copyright discussions with these assets. Sorry for any trouble that was unwillingly caused by this on my end!

Big shoutout to the community here for helping me with both fixing the AI bug and working new graphics, namely @ShinyDragonHunter, @DizzyEgg, Lady Miko and Mudskip!
    You're the best!

Also, there is a new stream link in the main post showing how Patterrz managed to play the escape room! It's A LOT of fun to watch!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Just added the new Patterrz video cut to the main post. Check it out, it's really fun to watch. Dude is getting mad playing this! xD

There will be more new streams and videos coming up in the next few weeks from other well known Poketubers. I'm excited to say the least! :)

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Version 1.0.4 was just released which is most likely gonna be the final release.
    I am happy with the state of the hack and the most recent streams went very smooth and didn't bring up any more bugs.

Latest stream event was a four player race between the HC nuzlocke legends Whacko, Drxx, Moxi and Prouty. AstroidVideos also played it on his Youtube channel the same day.
    Check out their newly added streams in the main post!

Thanks again to everyone helping me out and spreading the word. Much appreciated! :)

Back