• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Navigation

old style / new style

• Total voters

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • I don't see what the big deal is. There's a clear drop down tab and everything. It's not much different than the old one.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I use Modern, where the feature isn't implemented. But the one time I changed styles, I found it a tad bit frustrating. I think it has something to do with the fact that the name drop down just changed. Like, we were used to simply notifications and stuff. Maybe that's just me, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really like our new style, but the old one was a bit easier to use--where we didn't have drop-down menu beside our names. Perhaps you could put the user CP link back to nav-bar, and maybe merge chat and battle server links together (sort of like rules/FAQ), since, y'know, they're kind of similar? :]

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • I feel like everything is a bit more organized and clean this way.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I prefer the newer style but if the arrow could be a little smaller, it'd be pure perfection.

Years
  • I like the new dropdown menu! However one thing that kinda annoys me is having to open up the menu to go to your profile. Would it perhaps be possible to have it where when you click your username, it takes you to your profile instead of having to open up the dropdown menu by your username?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like the new dropdown menu! However one thing that kinda annoys me is having to open up the menu to go to your profile. Would it perhaps be possible to have it where when you click your username, it takes you to your profile instead of having to open up the dropdown menu by your username?
    This imo. Keep the dropdown from that arrow, I think it's useful, and have the username itself be a direct link to the profile.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I like it a lot. I think it is actually a lot more convenient. It's just different... takes a little bit of getting used to, but 10/10 definitely an improvement in my eyes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It's definitely more convenient, I'm just being difficult because it's an odd change because I'm constantly clicking Rules/FAQ now. I don't like the 'Your Profile' option under it, at least not as first, because I always click that when I want to go to my profile options. Again, I'm just salty because it's taking time to get used to and I forget that I can't just click my name to go to my profile. I just need to slow down and readjust.

It's a fine change imo

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm more concerned with the fact that all the styles aren't uniform. And I'm not saying that as old style vs new style, but more along the lines of not every style even includes the option of editing a profile or just includes a link to the User CP without any quick options. But for the purpose of the poll, I'm satisfied with the newer style. It makes more sense, but it just takes some getting used to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I accidentally clicked "I like the old style," by the way; was planning to vote for new style. Would someone mind editing that? Thanks. ^^"

Years
  • I'm definitely for the new style. It's just hard to get used to it being on the right side rather than the left but that's a minor inconvenience at best; just needin' some time to adjust. Whoot!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It'll take some time to adjust to the change, and until then I'll keep thinking that I have a notification because my eye catches the arrow. But I don't really mind the change. As I said, it's just something to get used to and I like how the quick links bar up top looks with the change.

I like the new dropdown menu! However one thing that kinda annoys me is having to open up the menu to go to your profile. Would it perhaps be possible to have it where when you click your username, it takes you to your profile instead of having to open up the dropdown menu by your username?
    I do want to "third" this question though. If that's possible to do, great! If not, no big deal.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I really like our new style, but the old one was a bit easier to use--where we didn't have drop-down menu beside our names. Perhaps you could put the user CP link back to nav-bar, and maybe merge chat and battle server links together (sort of like rules/FAQ), since, y'know, they're kind of similar? :]

It's definitely more convenient, I'm just being difficult because it's an odd change because I'm constantly clicking Rules/FAQ now.

I agree with these two statements. User CP is my #1 most clicked link here. On average, I'm clicking on it 4 times more than I visit Trade Plaza. So yeah, it would be difficult for me to break the habit of clicking the top left area.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I like the new style, despite thinking I've got a new notification every time I look at my username haha. Like others ave mentioned, the only really problem for me is having to click the drop down menu to get to my profile; I'd much rather like to have it so when you click your username you're linked to you profile.

Other than that, I'm definitely in favour of the new style! C:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have an alternate suggestion, I'm not a fan of the new one (dropdown above dropdown, it's busy and fidgety).

Spoiler:

Putting the User CP link back to the left side of the navigation, and leaving the username link send you directly to your profile. Keeping the Battle Server link, keeping the "More" link, but pushing it to the right so as to separate it from the main navigation headings.

I just don't think we should have a dropdown above a dropdown, above a dropdown (username, notifications, and "More"). It's just awkward that way. But the current navigation, and the one previous, both have their issues I feel.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't even notice this change you are talking about since I'm using a customized style, apparently. Part of why I love this style is because the User CP link is a one click thing. It's very annoying on styles where I have to make two clicks, maybe it seems silly but that's how I feel. So I much prefer the older style, as having to make two clicks to get to your profile too would be even worse.

Thing is, my internet browser loads pages in an irritating way; I have to wait many seconds before drop down menus work when I click them, while simple links work instantly. So it's not just that I'd have to click twice, it would slow down browsing PC for me in a tedious way. Developed-world-problems!

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I prefer the new style but i don't like that i have to click twice to visit my profile and also that I have to wait for the whole page to load so that the drop down works for me.....Whenever i see that arrow i think i have notification but i still like the new system.
    and I accidently clicked the 'I like the old style' so can someone change that?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • tbh, it took some getting used to because I used the control panel a lot and I keep mixing up and kept going on the left side where it usually was :P

But now I'm used to it, and it never really bothered me. It isn't a big change and I don't really see what the big deal is :P

Back