• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Need thoughts on game idea

Years
    Ok, so I was thinking of making a story based gen 3 pokemon but as a GBC game based off Crystal.
    I'm only going to have around 200 pokemon in the game all from gen 1-3 (except a couple from gen 4)
    I'm hoping to have the game in a new region and base every pokemons moves on Crystal (will add some moves).
    Any thoughts on the idea, how hard it will be or how long it would take?

Last edited:
    Years
    I've personally never played HGSS or GSC, but I can give you some ideas.

For region name, I'm thinking Ballou, Golfur, Xenon, and Drakic Region (As in Region Name, also if any of these are taken, Im sorry, these are just ones that were on the top of my head.)

Like I said, I've never played HGSS or GSC, but I feel your game should probably be like 36 hours of playtime. Mine is longer, but a day and a half seems like a reasonable number for your game.

Overall, This is a great idea, having the game and play like HGSS or GSC or a combination of both seems like a great idea as long as you put your little twist to it.

Hope I helped in any way!

Years
    I've personally never played HGSS or GSC, but I can give you some ideas.

For region name, I'm thinking Ballou, Golfur, Xenon, and Drakic Region (As in Region Name, also if any of these are taken, Im sorry, these are just ones that were on the top of my head.)

Like I said, I've never played HGSS or GSC, but I feel your game should probably be like 36 hours of playtime. Mine is longer, but a day and a half seems like a reasonable number for your game.

Overall, This is a great idea, having the game and play like HGSS or GSC or a combination of both seems like a great idea as long as you put your little twist to it.

Hope I helped in any way!

Ye was thinking of making the story up to 40 hours, just wonder how hard the idea would be 😅

Last edited:
    Back