• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Areas

Years
    Past two remakes introduced new areas in their respective regions: Sevii Islands in FRLG, and Safari Zone (and Routes 47/48) in HGSS.

What could be in store this time, if any?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hmm... well, in X and Y, we've had this person give us an item known as Strange Souvenir, indicating that there's some new region in line for us; maybe this is the time we finally get to see it? If it does wind up to be true, I'd like it to be based off Sevii Islands. Would be great if it were completely open, where you get to discover new towns, caves, forests, routes, etc. by surfing from place to place. That souvenir was based after a Pokémon; perhaps this region could be the place for us to meet and capture it? I'm not really sure how it would actually look, though. Could be a ground or rock-type, since that item was brown in color. d: Aside from all this, I have no idea what other areas they could possibly have.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I really want to explore those islands that weren't accessible but have been sitting tantalizingly for over a decade on Hoenn's Town Map.

What secrets do you hold, dear islands? It's okay... Don't be shy...

I'll third that. I've also been curious of those islands.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Perhaps they could include a Mega evolution tower or building of some kind in one of the islands. Also perhaps the new areas could play a role with the new forms of the legendaries.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Perhaps they could include a Mega evolution tower or building of some kind in one of the islands. Also perhaps the new areas could play a role with the new forms of the legendaries.

Maybe they'll do something similar to the Sinjoh Ruins in that respect. The people of Hoenn and Kalos came together in ancient times, and the ruins of a crystal similar to the one in Anistar City is all that's left. If the island is big enough, or is part of a small archipelago, maybe the Mega Stones are strewn throughout there? Postgame sidequest/exploration anyone?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    There's going to be more than the Battle Frontier to come, hopefully. I'm guessing they'll go for something like Sevii Islands, since that worked out so well for FRLG. But my only hope is that they don't overdo the water, since in the 3DS... well, let's just say all the water animations makes the water a annoying place.

Years
    I hope they put more the island around Pacifidlog town as that area is pretty much only useful to fly to when going across the currents to the Sealed Chamber.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    New Locations?

In FR/LG we got the Sevii Islands, in HG/SS, We got Routes 47/48, Safari Zone and a few others, what would we be getting on OR/AS? Hoenn seems to be a bit too occupied by looking at the map of it in Emerald.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Maybe throw another island or two in the big open waterways to the east or open up the islands that have always been kind of at the edges of the map. Put a few towns there or like just a few houses with interesting NPCs in that'll give you stuff or challenge you to an inverse battle or something quirky and uncommon.

Years
    I could swear someone already made a similar thread but can't find it lol. Well I hope that they add a whole lot of new areas, hopefully using the unaccessible islands around the mainland Hoenn.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah. Some sort of underwater places (inspired by Sotopolis) is something I'd really like to see, maybe a set of islands south of Hoenn only accessible through an underwater current. The inaccessible islands also sound pretty interesting.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Expanded Hoenn

Hoenn is a huge region as it is but could these remakes introduce new cities and towns? There's a lot of sea space where new islands can pop up. Also if we get new Gyms we'll need new cities to house them such as with Black2 and White2. So what type of new cities or towns would you like to see and where?

Years
    They could add new areas or just expand on previous ones. I think with the revolutionized 3D graphics, they could really include a lot more when using Dive. They could add a whole new area, like an island that you can go to post-game, and it would contain future generation pokemon in the wild. Or, they could just enlarge the Battle Frontier!

Years
    I would like to see the remakes get new islands especially for stronger trainers like a MT-Battle high valcano themed area just like in Colosseum; or a rainforest themed safarii zone.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Just in case anybody was wondering, one of the "untouched" islands is actually Southern Island - it's the little one to the left of the larger unmarked one.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    There could maybe be islands that open after the KyoGro disaster and kinda postgame or close to it that unlock Pokémon that are stronger.

Back