• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Japanese Commerical - Headbutting Trees Confirmed!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Man, I'm late posting :P

But woah, I was not expecting another trailer before the games came out in 15 DAYS!!
    -I cannot believe that was Falkners Gym. I kinda like it yet I kinda don't.... It reminds me of Byrons but more old fashioned....
    -The battle with Jasmine looks awesome but her sprite makes her look anorexic.... :O
    -I'm so glad about headbutting tree's and not them dang Honey ones.... yay!

zomg....... i'm still shocked at all that i sawww ^_______________^

And does anybody think that that round room could be the Olivine Lighthouse.....?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    And does anybody think that that round room could be the Olivine Lighthouse.....?

Serebii describes the round room as a "lookout point." So by going with this, there is a chance that this area may just happen to be the Olivine Lighthouse back from the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal. If it is so, then I say it has improved by a great amount. The room itself is given a sleek appearance within and it just is a neat showcase of what is to come in the game. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the new Lighthouse, noting how it is decscribed as a "lookout point."

Steelcurtain10reborn

Beginning Ev trainer
    Years
    I was thinking about Red Gyrados,what if you trade it over to D/P/PL,does that mean you can do the Shiny Ditto Trick with it?
    I remember the Shiny Ditto Trick was a big thing in R/B/G/S/C.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Serebii describes the round room as a "lookout point." So by going with this, there is a chance that this area may just happen to be the Olivine Lighthouse back from the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal. If it is so, then I say it has improved by a great amount. The room itself is given a sleek appearance within and it just is a neat showcase of what is to come in the game. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the new Lighthouse, noting how it is decscribed as a "lookout point."

And I have to note, although I love Serebii, the descriptions aren't always accurate...

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Woooh this game looks to be more of a promise than I hoped. I cant wait till this comes out this game is the smex but I have to get a new DS -______-

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    And I have to note, although I love Serebii, the descriptions aren't always accurate...

That is always true too, but from what it looks like I wouldn't doubt it is some kind of lookout point. If you do watch the video once more or twice, you'll notice in that same round-like building, at both the left and right side of the man with blue hair, there are two stand-up binoculars like what was done for Sunyshore's Lighthouse in DPPt as well. I'm not confirming what it is, but the appearance and description of it just seems possibility, but we'll see.

Also, I watched through the trailer again, and I've got to say Lugia's battle sprite was definitely put together well. The posture and look of the Pokémon is really well done and I'm pretty excitied for the time to come in which I confront Lugia in my SoulSilver game [when that times comes] and go for the capture. Also, to me, I would guess it is because of the larger screen resolution of the DSi or whatnot, but the sprites look a bit larger in size when in battle from what I see in the video.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hmm a point to make. Suicune is roaming Kanto. Possibly again. In fr/lg some beast was roaming it. So what if the Sevii return and Suicune is linked to Tanobi?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    This...will...be...the...BEST GAME EVER! I remember when people were fantisizing about GSC remaks it was in FRLG graphics or it had contests or such but now, I bet we werent expecting THIS!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hmm a point to make. Suicune is roaming Kanto. Possibly again. In fr/lg some beast was roaming it. So what if the Sevii return and Suicune is linked to Tanobi?

Hmm.... Maybe it would be linked with Eusine also and after the Elite Four he finds out that Suicune is in Kanto?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    This...will...be...the...BEST GAME EVER! I remember when people were fantisizing about GSC remaks it was in FRLG graphics or it had contests or such but now, I bet we werent expecting THIS!
    Nope actually I think that's why a lot of these things come as a surprise.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    the cutscenes look so cool! are they appearing at the beginning?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    LOL anyone else spot the RATTATA in the first person view of tthe ho-oh tower? It was also in the sprout tower! Im gonna go ahead and say that ninja rattata is gonna be in EVERY place. Random much?

Also Im also gonna hypothesize that the lookout tower is before ilex forest or at the national bug park. yup yup.

Also am I the only one that thinks Jasmine's new outfit sucks? Green and red...seriously? it should be steel themed...I could picture her with an awesome silver dress with black stripes or something...not green and red.

Interestingly enough, they changed slowpoke well from the first screenshots released.

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not necessarily true. It was noted how the original Johto PokéDex was brought back to the game. However, it may be possible to trade back and fourth with DPPt before the Elite, as it was with DPPt and gaining the previous generation Pokémon earlier.

Last I remember, some Pokemon like Lapras have a different number than they did in GSC.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    WHEW ! I am just bore of waiting for 8 hours for that stupid Burmy or Combee (stupid f**k ) appear ! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy headbutting is back !

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    HEADBUTTING TREES ARE BACK?!

wow I just clapped like an idiot, but hellz yeah! Thank You Jesus!!

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
    Jasmine is so awesome! I'm so happy she's animated! ^_^ It's a perfect animation. And she got a wardrobe change! The green dress with the bow looks nicer. ^_^

Also, I noticed Gold was riding his bike in a route in Kanto. (The trees on route 1 and in Pallet are the same as the one in the route. I'm assuming it's Kanto because the Johto trees look different than the ones in Kanto.)

Suicune's sprite looks so cute. I want it.

Cherrygrove Town is gorgeous. (So is Cerulean cape.)

Radio Tower looks awesome. Yay for Typhlosion and Meganium! ^_^

The starters' evos look so cool. I'll use them all in my party. Lol at Soul's Marill hoping up and down. It's so cute.

The Violet City gym officially rocks! ^_^

Well yeah, that's what I was going to say. :)

Throughout the entire thing, I was like :shocked:. HG/SS is going to be mind-blowing. Also, I can't wait to see what the other gym leaders look like. (I like the animation they did on Jasmine. I hope they all turn out like that. Her dress is so pretty. :pink_love:) Especially Misty. Speaking of which, based on what I recently found on Bulbapedia(I posted the piture in the Misty fanclub) I also can't wait to see what Misty's date looks like. (If they do the date thing. Which they should!) I'm secretly hoping its Red. <3 Mangapokeshipping.

(And completely off topic, if the Pokespec manga does have an HG/SS arc, that means the return of Misty. Yay! :P)

This video is making me want the game even more. Why can't it come out sooner? (I'm not importing from Japan. I want to be able to understand my games.)

And to be completely on-topic, I can't wait to headbutt trees!

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Ugh I need to stop watching these cool vids because then the game is spoiled for me .... I VOW NEVER TO WATCH ANOTHER HG/SS VIDEO AGAIN!!!

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Ugh I need to stop watching these cool vids because then the game is spoiled for me .... I VOW NEVER TO WATCH ANOTHER HG/SS VIDEO AGAIN!!!

haha, try saying that when the game comes out and there are hundreds of videos flooding the internet

Back