• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Moon...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    There HAS to be a thread somewhere for it. :S

Mods I'm sorry if there is and I just made your life harder. Didn't see one.

But yeah, went to the midnight premier and it was... good. Like I hate Twilight and actually enjoyed this movie. :o

Maybe I'm just that much of a girl though and enjoy the drama + hot guys <3

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • I'm about to watch New Moon with my very excited aunt. I wanna know how Bella starts to react in the film, not the book.

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • I find it awesome the fact that the entertainment industry can take anything and turn it to a teenage fad. Hear me roar, next year it'll be homeless drunk wizards falling in love, and it'll be big.
    Tried to read Twighlight once (my sis has all the books), but it's just so predictable and poorly written...
    Hope no one throws garlic at me for this :nervous:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I find it awesome the fact that the entertainment industry can take anything and turn it to a teenage fad. Hear me roar, next year it'll be homeless drunk wizards falling in love, and it'll be big.
    Tried to read Twighlight once (my sis has all the books), but it's just so predictable and poorly written...
    Hope no one throws garlic at me for this :nervous:

Dude. that is the truth.

Twilight is HORRIBLE!

And I just don't see how adding a stupid werewolf (Seriously?, WTF?) is going to make it any better.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • For me, I read half of the first book, and I wanted to continue onwards but I had to return it back to the library and because it was such a high demand I couldn't renew the book at that time. Then, when I saw the first movie on DVD I was actually able to pick out the differences between the two pieces (book vs. movie). I was still able to enjoy it regardless of the few changes as that was expected.

I've already purchased the tickets online to go see New Moon tonight with some friends, so I'll see how well it goes. I can say I'm pretty excited to see it as I'm enjoying the series. Also, the trailers published made the movie look to be really good this time around (though the trailers always show the best parts).

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I didn't have time to read the full book, but I believe I read up to when Bella sees the Cullens in the cafeteria...

Even then it took forever to read on how gag worthy the book was...

Needless to say, the movie wasn't any better... there were quite a few continuity mistakes actually noticeable the first time around, and the director of photography was amateurish... As well as music fitting the scene... doesn't play right.

Needless to say, I might watch New Moon when it comes out on DVD... but I won't be paying for it... (not that I'd have anyone else pay for it either), and give it a critic's eye...

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I'm off to see it in about ten minutes. I'm not half as exited as I was when it was first announced. Back then I really loved the Twilight Saga, but now I don't really care. I haven't even read past the first chapter of the third book.

I hope it'll be good...
    xX

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Eh, not gonna watch it. Twilight wasn't that good of a movie. It seems like all New Moon is aiming for is showing some skin.

Just about every girl in our school can't shut their traps about Team Jacob / Team Edward though... and I'm just like "ummm...?" XD

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • O O O! I know what will happen:

Jacob is going to be about ready to attck Edward.. Then Edward is going to whisper "I love you"- as Jacob is lunging for his throat. Jacob will transform back to human mid lunge and say- "really????" Then Edward is going to take off his shirt to reveal a Team Jacob shirt underneath, and Jacob will do likewise for Edward. After a long passionate kiss- they will then proceed to brutally attck Bella.

Years
  • im not gonna wathch it but in my class everyone was saying "oh i heard thae jacob takes his shirt off" and since theres a kid named jacob in my class hes like WHAT!? so anny way my science class spent like half of the period talking about it includidng the teacher so im like "urghh...." and then she gives us a test and since i didnt finish it its homework on friday gosh..

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Bump what the haters say. Just because something is too popular doesnt automatically make it trash. Both Twilight & Newmoon are both amazing. Newmoon was more guy friendly though with the increased amount of action. Im gonna see it twice more.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Maybe I'm just that much of a girl though and enjoy the drama + hot guys <3

Where? I can't see any in Twilight.

Badly written book, badly done movie with ugly actors. I swear, I could make a book about two fish men who were fighting over this woman and it would become a huge hit amongst teenagers, they're pretty easy to please.

And I dont want to be anywhere near some sparkly vampires.

However, I may go to see it just so I can sit there and go 'Ugh' every time Robert Pattison comes and, while expressing my true feelings, I can also piss off stupid little fangirls.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I'm about to watch New Moon with my very excited aunt. I wanna know how Bella starts to react in the film, not the book.
    lol i saw new moon with my aunt.
    The movie was awesome!but the part where bella hits her head on a rock and jacob takes his shirt off just to carry her..WTF?And then at the ending edward asked bella to marry her wich is ok..but then IT CUT RIGHT TO THE F-ING CREDITS!

Years
  • meh. I'm not watching the movies until I finish the books. I just stared reading them. The unconditional romance is what has me hooked. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    Lord knows I was regretting seeing a thread like this, but what can I say? I need to reply to it. xD;

I read all of the series before the major fandom started - well, most of the series. Honestly? I didn't mind the books so much, sure they were a bit predictive, but they were a good read. And that's what a books for, right? Yes, I'm right. Only thing that really caught me out was the fourth book, it dragged out a tad too much.

Now, New Moon was my least favourite of the series, I thought it was kinda..uh, pathetic really. XD; However, when the first movie was released; Twilight, I was partially eager to see it, but that was more because I was under the influence of one of my close friends wishes to see it. In the end, I torrented the movie for her, and watched it myself. I hated it. Compared to the books, Twilight was absolutely horrendous. It missed out far too much. Then, the release of New Moon, it just looks like a complete let down, with the producer just trying to get in fans with the use of some shirtless guys. I don't know if I'm going to see it, really, again, I'm downloading it for a friend, but I really am doubtful that I'll watch it. Especially seeing as it looks as crappy as the first film.

I suppose the saying 'the books are always better than the movies' fits in here, but considering the size of the sagas fandom, it's really insanely overrated. :|

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    The movie was really good! I saw it twice. I am a Twilight fan but Im not obsessed over it. I have to say I have switched to Team Jacob because of this movie. He has a really nice body!! And so did the other wolves. I also did not appreciate Edward leaving Bella. Sorry if Im ruining the movie for anyone.

My friend told me that Taylor Lautner was number one in the world for NASKA's Black Belt Open Forms, Musical Weapons, Traditional Weapons and Traditional Forms (all karate things). Lol I had to go to wikipedia to confirm that.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • The only way you could get me to watch New Moon is if you gave me a pair of earplugs and cut out all scenes with Robert Pattinson in them.

You know what, just show me the scenes with Taylor Lautner shirtless and I'll be good d(x_Xd)

Twilight's overrated, just like the Jonas Brothers, Zac Efron and all these other stupid tween fads that have hit America in the past 5 years. At least the Backstreet Boys were likeable...then, anyway

Back