• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pikaclone speculation

Years
  • Maybe , We should get a more feminine version of Pikachu.
    That wasn't already Harry Potter, a while ago?

Still, though, there have been slightly feminine Pikaclones in the past, although mostly paired up with males of the type. A female Pikachu would face the issue of having to cling onto the symbolic Pikachu for legitimacy, while mostly being in the shadow of that, and perhaps dragging it down a bit if the pairing of this form were made too explicit. That said, there is always a possibility, and perhaps it could evolve via the Sun Stone to keep in tune with the anime, and this could be controversial because of its hairstyle or whatever respectable people discuss about the anime at this point.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Plusle and Minun are mostly different colored Pichu, the others are kind of different ut still has the same face as Pikachu or Pichu.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd rather that they just stop doing Pikaclones really. I get that it's the franchise mascot and is basically the most popular Pokemon in the world, but they're all so underwhelming to me and none of them remotely live up to the hype Pikachu has (not that I care for Pikachu a great deal either) so it's like just please stop Game Freak.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    WHAT ABOUT A NEW EVOLUTION FOR RAICHU?
    Outside of a Mega Evolution, absolutely cannot happen with our current format and I don't see this format ever changing.

Raichu is Stag 2 evolution if you count Pichu as the Base form since you don't need any special method to breed it. No Pokemon line has more than 3 evolutions within 1 line. In Raichu's case, the line is Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu. Since Raichu is the third in the line it cannot evolve any further naturally. Only a Mega Evolution can be applied at this point.

What can happen is a split at Pikachu or at Pichu, but this can over complicate the lineage and I don't see this ever happening.

Added onto the fact, no Stone Evolution Pokemon has ever evolved further kinda weighs against any potential. It's an unofficial thing, but Stone Evolvers seem to be the end of an evolutionary line as they tend to lack adaptability and growth with 4 exceptions out of the larger number of stone evolvers.

Would like a repeat of Marill for the Pikaclone and have a rodent not be electric type but represent the elemental rat spotlight.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • I don't believe Game Freak will ever stop with the appearances of Pikachu in their franchise. I have a feeling Mega Raichu could be something possible in Sun & Moon, as Raichu is no where near popular as Pikachu is, and it would give Ash another reason to evolve his Pikachu (please just evolve him)

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • In this version of Pokemon, I think a Mongoose would fit well with the overall Hawaiian/Californian theme of Pokemon. But at this point, I dont' think Game Freak should make any more new ones. I love them to death but they seem to get weirder looking and weirder looking each generation. Minun is cute however, it's red counterpart, Plusle looks like Minun got it's ears and hands cut off and the blood spewing out of them froze into another pair of arms and ears. Still cute as heck though. Pachirisu is straight up as cute as Minun, Emolga looks weird yet adorable, and Dedenne is straight up weird and unappealing to me. Back to the mongoose. Why Mongoose? The Hawaiian Mongoose. That's about the only rodent that I can think of that fits with the Hawaiian theme. Hopefully the mongoose would look adorable. Maybe it might be a little taller than your average "Pikaclone". If we can still fit in the style of the pre-Dedenne ones, I think it's best to give one of them an evolution. Preferably Pachirisu.

As for m personal preferences, a racoon would be amazing. A mini Riolu with a cute face like Minun. I think I would fall in love with it if it doesn't look out of place.

Also, guys... The "Pikaclones" do not look as much like Pikachu at all. Just their cute little faces are similar to a Pikachu.(I think Pikafaces look better on them than Pikachu itself.) Most of them are more rounder looking than Pikachu and have completely different body shapes than it. Plus, they are all different animals and even they all have higher base stats than Pikachu. I get really annoyed when people compare them to Pikachu like they're blatent ripoffs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I want some kind of Electric Old-World Porcupine. Kind of like this.
    Spoiler:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Why not have no Pika-clone this generation and instead just give an evolution to one of the existing electric rodents so they don't feel left in the dust. Better yet, just make Mega Raichu, after all, why just make Pokedex filler when you can just work with what we already have?

I'd rather that they just stop doing Pikaclones really. I get that it's the franchise mascot and is basically the most popular Pokemon in the world, but they're all so underwhelming to me and none of them remotely live up to the hype Pikachu has (not that I care for Pikachu a great deal either) so it's like just please stop Game Freak.

Exactly what I mean, we don't need another Pikachu clone each generation, we have the original, so why do we need more when most of them basically don't serve any purpose other than just being Pokedex filler.

Last edited:
    Back