• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer released

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Oh my god the poses in this game are amazing. Reminds me of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

New Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer released

Well the website does say Lillie will play a crucial role in the story, so I'm doubly excited to see this screengrab.xD This is gonna sound crazy, but this is based off the Chinese "leak" that says she's somehow related to the evil team. If that holds true, I'm wondering if she's Kukui's assistant so that she can give them intell on his research that's most likely related to the "synergy moves" with the bracelets. Because Kukui is the Professor studying Pokemon moves.

It wasn't the Chinese leak that mentioned Lillie is related to the villain, it was the European leak Hikamaru initially posted, which also mentioned the bond gem system.

Years
  • If they remove megas in this game I'll be mad

Well, someone pointed out (TheKojo, I believe that was you) that there's a circle-shaped indent on the new bracelet so there's a chance that hidden section of the bracelet might be able to hold Mega Stones as well as the new "Bond Gems".

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    As I've said elsewhere, I doubt that they'll remove Mega Evolution from S/M. The mechanic is too entrenched in the meta game, and the developers are paying a lot of attention to that. Besides, S/M look to have a lot of features in them, so I'm sure there's room for Mega Evolution alongside Synergy.

Plus I'm happy to see that the two rival characters have more of an involved role in the story. I adore Hau, so I hope that him riding on a boat means that he'll have a decent personality and story to go along with it. Everyone's interested in what Lillie's doing, but it's good to know that the writers might not be favoring one rival character over the other.

I've heard that this is the last generation until they reset the Pokemon series.
    I have been in this fandom for the reveal of six generations of games, and I have heard this every time.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I'm really hoping we have a battle with Hau on that boat. The scenery during that battle would look incredible, and it would be cool to see Lillie watching over that battle.

Also I really can't see them removing Mega Evolution from the game, it was one of the biggest features in the game and one of the big game changers Gen 6 had along with Fairies (Gen 3 had Abilities and Natures, Gen 4 had Physical/Special split). If they did remove it, a lot of Pokemon would never see much use again. Why would they take away the form that made many fan favourites like Beedrill, Mawile, Kangaskhan, and Charizard actually useable in competitive matches? Also the only other time we've had a Pokemon form locked to a specific game or region was the spikey eared Pichu in HGSS (and likely now cosplay Pikachu too) and it was pretty insignificant.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm really hoping we have a battle with Hau on that boat. The scenery during that battle would look incredible, and it would be cool to see Lillie watching over that battle.

Also I really can't see them removing Mega Evolution from the game, it was one of the biggest features in the game and one of the big game changers Gen 6 had along with Fairies (Gen 3 had Abilities and Natures, Gen 4 had Physical/Special split). If they did remove it, a lot of Pokemon would never see much use again. Why would they take away the form that made many fan favourites like Beedrill, Mawile, Kangaskhan, and Charizard actually useable in competitive matches? Also the only other time we've had a Pokemon form locked to a specific game or region was the spikey eared Pichu in HGSS (and likely now cosplay Pikachu too) and it was pretty insignificant.
    I don't even think that those first 3 were considered fan favorites prior to getting megas, they were very much forgotten for the most part.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I think I'm gonna get on my computer and pause the video several times to get a better look at some of the gameplay. There seemed to be a couple of really interesting battle environments, like a waterfall and pond, that were blink-and-miss. I can't pause video as quickly on my phone.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I saw that Berry Tree. Surprised Gamexplain didn't point it out in their analysis. Nice to see them back.

That isn't what I was pointing out. :P

You don't see something moving about? Something green? Something Zygarde Core-y?"

It's super brief but it looks like a little green guy is moving behind the tree on the right.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • That isn't what I was pointing out. :P

You don't see something moving about? Something green? Something Zygarde Core-y?"

It's super brief but it looks like a little green guy is moving behind the tree on the right.

Was that not maybe a leaf just falling from the tree? I had to rewatch that a few times but it definitely just looks like that as you ride past it.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • This gif was posted on the Smogon forums. It's zoomed in further and slowed down. To me, this looks like an overworld sparkle of some sorts. Maybe that's one of the gems to put in the bracelet? Just lying around, witing to be picked up?

Attachments

• New Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer released
      rgrK1mc.gif
      447.5 KB · Views: 14
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    This gif was posted on the Smogon forums. It's zoomed in further and slowed down. To me, this looks like an overworld sparkle of some sorts. Maybe that's one of the gems to put in the bracelet? Just lying around, witing to be picked up?
    At the Nintendo Treehouse event didn't they say that items in the distance would twinkle now?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    That isn't what I was pointing out. :P

I see it now. That's not a berry. It could be a core, but they are suppose to be invisible. It's an interesting thing worth taking note of though.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • That is interesting. It does appear to be an item, but what throws me off is the color. IIRC, there was a sparkle on the ground before you go into that village in the E3 playthrough, but the guy playing the game didn't pick it up. That sparkle I'm talking about wasn't green at all, it was more like the sparkles that you come across in Colosseum and XD.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • At the Nintendo Treehouse event didn't they say that items in the distance would twinkle now?
    True, and you could also see it very clearly in the demo they played - although it wasn't this green twinkle, but a more generic, white-ish one. But it could make sense that twinkles in a forest are green.

Years
  • Today is when we should have the English counterpart to this trailer revealed. Hopefully we'll learn more about Mimikkyu and Kiteruguma, as well as their English names and what their abilities do.

If they aren't showcased though, then we could be waiting up to a month before they're officially updated onto the English-language Sun & Moon site, like what happened with Rockruff and Komala.

Back