• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New To Fan Games ... Got A Question

Days
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    I'm expecting to get the most recent release R4 card tomorrow. It will be my first time using such a reader as I'm used to either playing store bought games or roms directly on a PC.

For starters for fan made games I thought I'd start with Fire Ash since it looks like a great piece. ... But by all means it appears to be a PC game. I even got it to boot up and play on Windows 11. Dumb question but what's called a rom isn't always a rom? I wanted to play it on my DS. 🙁

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • With a game like Fire Ash, you wouldn't be able to run it on a regular DS because it's not powerful enough. And plus, it was made by RPGMaker XP, which needs computer files to run.

Days
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    Shame there isn't a chance period it could be played on my Switch.

Turns out the R4 card was loaded up the wazoo with roms and to that a number of rom hacks for Pokemon in one of it's folders. If I gave people a list of those fan games on the card could someone say their thoughts on each game? I feel like I'm diving into the game version of fan fiction here and I'd like to know what's worth playing to that case.

Days
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    I have a slight question? Where can I get opinions for a region/game I'm planning on making then?

Back