• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Imagine a scale. There are 17 different-sized little rocks on that scale. At first, the scale was terribly unbalanced because the rocks were put carelessly on it. After much little tweaking, adding to this rock and taking a bit away from this one and moving them around, the scale is finally almost balanced.

And then you throw a new rock on it.

This analogy... doesn't work. It's a logical fallacy. You are suggesting that each rock only influences one side of the scale, whereas types in pokemon affect every other type all at once.

Really, honestly, from the depths of my heart... I trust that Game Freak can add in a new type to the game that they created and still have it be balanced. They are professionals. If you don't think types are that interesting compared to abilities and the physical/special split, that's cool. I would see it as one change among a list, not as the only change. I just think it would add a new element into things.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I don't think Pokemon needs any more types. I would like to see some more creative type combinations though, or some things to modify existing types (Poison seriously needs another type to be supereffective against).

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    I dont want any new types unless and this would be very slim they make a type thats super effective aginst ghost type but thats it

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    No. I just don't like the idea. I think it'll just make all the other types unbalanced. Although, it would be cool to have another type, I don't think it'll happen.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    With the new Legendary Pokemon revealed I feel as if the Light Type will be added finally... but you can't be too sure.

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    I could totally see a light type come in! If you all are thinking that the only thing that light could be are angelic figures, but I see lots of stuff. I mean come on use your imagination really. For example three step evo of a white wolf. The first would be a puppy, second, an adolecent wolf, the third, an alpha wolf. That could even be light-ice. You could think of alot of stuff if you just use your imagination. Another could be an angel yes, but thats not the only thing you can use out of that catagory.

Do I hope they come out with light YES, and sound woudn't be to bad either. You guys need to stop beating this guy down just because he has hopes of Gamefreak coming out with a light type. Drag me down if you will I don't care, so talk bad about me quote me and beat it down, but don't kill the kid I mean it seriously gosh guys. You all know that you had the same idea at first, but you wussies were to scared to say anything about it.

All in all, light, I hope so; sound, not such a bad idea.

Yours Truely,
    Killet513 *winks and walks away*

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    With the revealing of Zekrom and Reshiram I bet that Zekrom will be dark/dragon (introducing a mix not seen before...I think). If Reshiram is say a light/dragon type then that would be a new type and a new mixture.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I could totally see a light type come in! If you all are thinking that the only thing that light could be are angelic figures, but I see lots of stuff. I mean come on use your imagination really. For example three step evo of a white wolf. The first would be a puppy, second, an adolecent wolf, the third, an alpha wolf. That could even be light-ice. You could think of alot of stuff if you just use your imagination. Another could be an angel yes, but thats not the only thing you can use out of that catagory.

Do I hope they come out with light YES, and sound woudn't be to bad either. You guys need to stop beating this guy down just because he has hopes of Gamefreak coming out with a light type. Drag me down if you will I don't care, so talk bad about me quote me and beat it down, but don't kill the kid I mean it seriously gosh guys. You all know that you had the same idea at first, but you wussies were to scared to say anything about it.

All in all, light, I hope so; sound, not such a bad idea.

Yours Truely,
    Killet513 *winks and walks away*

What? Logical and constructive debate isn't beating anyone down. I for one was completely against light as a type but because of this thread I'm much more open to light and reversely much more against sound type which makes little sense and doesn't have the depth to be a full on type. In my opinion at least.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Like I said before, the biggest argument against a light-type in the past was the lack of necessity. With the revelation of Reshiram , it looks like we may indeed get our light-type. I'm just hoping Gamefreak balances it pretty well.

Looking through this thread, I think the general concensus for light-types matchups were something like this:
    Defensively weak to Poison, Dark, and Ghost
    Defensively resistant to Bug and Fighting
    Offensively effective against Dark, Steel, and Fighting
    Offensively ineffective against Ghost and Psychic

...maybe throw Dragon in there somewhere. >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Yep... Reshiram... I think there's a great chance for Light type to be introduced now.
    I, for one, would like a light type.

Saphie

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    If they do add a light type, I think maybe it would go something like this:
    Dark beats Psychic, Psychic beats Light, Light beats Dark.

And, respectivly, because Dark is immune to Psychic, Psychic would be immune to Light, and Light would be immune to Dark.

I do doubt they'll bring in a new type now, but it could happen.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm getting really excited... we now know that both Reshiram and Zekrom are both part Dragon but the second type is being kept under wraps... why? BECAUSE RESHIRAM IS A DAMN LIGHT/DRAGON! - speculation gets be all worked up... sawwy

also, you can kind of think of Psychic as somewhere in between Light and Dark...

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Meh... I don't really care either way. A new type could be introduced without messing things up too badly. Things might just have to be tweaked a little bit. According to some things I've heard, B/W are supposed to change things up a bit, which they need to. Adding a new type would open up a lot of new possibilities. "Psychic" really doesn't cut it for representing a yin to the yang that is the Dark-type, so this is why a Light-type would be good. At this point, I see it as pretty inevitable.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    They can give us more and more types as long as they increase the maximum moves of pokemon can have and party member from six to seven

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    If they introduced light as a type I would insist upon givng the following pokemon light as their second type:

Clefairy
    Clefable
    Ampharos
    Guardevoir
    Illumise
    Lumineon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back