• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
    If they do make light Pokemon, they could be like the holy monks or temple guardians of the Pokemon world. Maybe they could have a fu dog Pokemon.

Fu dog:
    New Types?

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Somehow I doubt that they would add a light type. To me it seems more likely that Reshiram would be part Psychic since a similar scenario occured when Espeon and Umbreon came into play with the day/night gimmick, or normal because of it's white color.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Not only is that not how light works, Dark type is not literal darkness, it is fighting dirty.

You are ignoring what you refuse to say... the majority of Dark-Types are based on literal darkness, but it also takes into account other ways of being "dark".

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    Somehow I doubt that they would add a light type. To me it seems more likely that Reshiram would be part Psychic since a similar scenario occured when Espeon and Umbreon came into play with the day/night gimmick, or normal because of it's white color.

That make sense. Reshiram looks so...so...Well maybe look so Psychic type and Dragon of course! Which means its a Dragon/Psychic. But many people also said that Reshiram is also a Dragon/Light! We don't know for sure, We'll just have to wait a few days or maybe weeks.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years

the majority of Dark-Types are based on literal darkness"dark".
    Such as?

Darkrai is the only one I can think of, and even then he's still "dark" in the sense he is menacing and will rape you in your sleep.

See also the dark-type moves, all spare maybe 3 refer to fighting dirty or using evil/frowned-upon tactics.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    New type would probably be Light type! Many rumors come, many people also speculate for a Light type to appear. But that doesn't mean Light type is really going to appear! Who knows, Maybe yes and maybe no! We'll just have to see if this Light type appear or not. But I think we're gonna get Zekrom and Reshiram info this/next week...

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    I think a Light type would be cool. We could see more Poison types because Light would be weak to Poison and Psychic, and good against Dark. Maybe some others, but what the heck.
    And Light could go either way, holy or bright. It could be actual light, like Lanturn, or holiness, like a sort of angel Pokemon.
    And Jeez, It's called Black and White versions! Reshiram SO looks like a light type!
    So yeah, there WILL be a light type. End of story.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Such as?

Darkrai is the only one I can think of, and even then he's still "dark" in the sense he is menacing and will rape you in your sleep.

See also the dark-type moves, all spare maybe 3 refer to fighting dirty or using evil/frowned-upon tactics.

Why would they make 90% of Dark-Types black? You can be intimidating, fight dirty, and be vicious without being black in color... because literal darkness plays it's part.

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
    Light type, I don't get all the love about it, I see it sort of part of the electric type. The only one I agree reasonable enough of the proposed ones is radioactive, it makes some sense.

All I want is something to break the dark/ghost no weakness combo. Make e.g. poison super effective against Ghost instead of not very effective and for me the typing chart it's fine. Also we never know if Gamefreak will make a Dark/Ghost Lugia-thing.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years

Why would they make 90% of Dark-Types black? You can be intimidating, fight dirty, and be vicious without being black in color... because literal darkness plays it's part.
    Maybe half of them are black, and that's likely because black is often associated with evil.

You realize the guys who design these Pokémon are Japanese, right?
    And you also realize that in the original Japanese version "Dark Type" is known as "Evil Type", right?

Why would they go against their own name for the type?
    Exactly. They wouldn't.
    Dark type has little if anything to do with darkness.

Spoiler:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Maybe half of them are black, and that's likely because black is often associated with evil.

You realize the guys who design these Pokémon are Japanese, right?
    And you also realize that in the original Japanese version "Dark Type" is known as "Evil Type", right?

Why would they go against their own name for the type?
    Exactly. They wouldn't.
    Dark type has little if anything to do with darkness.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I never said Psychic meant good, I don't care about any of that and you're pulling at straws now.

A light type is fine if it's supposed to be a "Good" or "Holy".

Just not if it refers to the light that refers to luminescence, because that is stupid and unfounded.

Oh, and if you mean "SOME" say "SOME", don't lie about statistics and then backpedal.

Last edited:

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    Come ON. A light type is in B/W. I guarantee it.
    Based on Reshiram's appearance, though, I agree it'll most likely be "good" to balance the Dark type. (Finally! Good vs. Evil conflict!)
    And like I said before, (in my last post here) the Light type will be included with like an angel pokemon. Fact.
    Thre are going to be light types in Gen. V, point-blank.
    Of course, I never said there will be about 500 of them. And, once again, they balance out the Dark type, so they'll be a new type in B/W.
    And if I'm wrong, you can eat my sig.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    The appearance of Reshiram, IMO, further augments the evidence for the inclusion of a Light-type in BW. That mention of Zecrom being related to Electric-type on that Japanese Pokemon blog ups my hopes a bit, too, as it may be a hint. Sadly, nothing is 100% until the actual games are released...

Here's hoping (very strongly) for a Light-type, with Reshiram being one of the first! Maybe there should be a Light-type petition or fanclub or something of the sort, to strengthen our chances...? :D

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Come ON. A light type is in B/W. I guarantee it.
    Based on Reshiram's appearance, though, I agree it'll most likely be "good" to balance the Dark type. (Finally! Good vs. Evil conflict!)
    And like I said before, (in my last post here) the Light type will be included with like an angel pokemon. Fact.
    Thre are going to be light types in Gen. V, point-blank.
    Of course, I never said there will be about 500 of them. And, once again, they balance out the Dark type, so they'll be a new type in B/W.
    And if I'm wrong, you can eat my sig.
    Fact: a piece of information presented as having objective reality.

Don't use words unless you know what they mean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back