• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Unity Pokemon engine- PokeRasa

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Hi all,
    I've been working on a from-scratch implementation of the Pokemon battle engine in Unity, and I've gotten it to the point where all Gen 1 moves and Gen 1 Pokemon are implemented with their modern effects. While I'm comfortable with programming and dealing with the battle engine itself, I'm less experienced with creating graphics and animations, and if anyone wants to work on any part of the project, I'd be happy to have your contributions.

You can find the engine on GitHub at https://github.com/bitter6290/PokeRasa; to install it, just clone the repository into an empty Unity project. As of right now, basically no abilities are working, and only one Pokemon has a moveset, which is essentially for demo purposes. I'm planning to synchronize each Pokemon's learnset with the most recent one available once all moves are implemented, but keep in mind that if you want to use the engine as it is right now, you'll have to add movesets yourself. In addition, there's virtually nothing related to the overworld in the project; I'm planning to add some basic functions later on, but as of now, it's not suitable to base a game on. That said, all ideas for extensions or improvements are welcome!

Back