• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years
  • Hey guys! I'm looking for a friend to play scarlet/violet with

Hello, Agent929, and welcome to the forums!
    You can find people to play Scarlet / Violet with in the related section. Don't hesitate to ask in there to get more attention!

How are you enjoying the game ?
    Feel free to tell us more about yourself!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello guys, I'm newbie here. Thanks for accepting me ! Xx adore you
    Hi Tacio :3 Thanks yourself! Hope you're enjoying the forums so far~

GO TEAM DRAGON DUST!!
    go team coffee addiction!

Hey guys! I'm looking for a friend to play scarlet/violet with
    I hope you'll find some nice people in the ScVi section, as FCG said :3 The Trade Corner is also a suggestion, if you need to fill up your pokédex or wish to get your hands on some pokémon in particular. Good luck!

Years
  • Hi hi ^^ would anyone near or about my age like to talk about Pokémon , reading, and writing ? I'm 28

Hello, Harvestmoon66, and welcome to the forums!
    You will find more than near or about your age to talk with, about Pokémon and more!
    About reading and writing, you might want to check the Fan Fiction & Writing as well as the Writer's Lounge sections!

Have you written Pokémon fan fiction ?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi! And I will definitely try out the forums for those sections. I have written a poem about a boy and his hoot hoot :3

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    I figure I'll post here a little bit. I know I got a warm welcome on my own thread, but you know, I got anxiety disorder, so it's gonna be a while before I just swim through the forum grounds effortlessly.

I actually joined because of ROM hacking. You see, I wanted to just dip my toes in it without any big goals, you know, expectations in check because I've heard you make a lot of messes before you make something playable. Well, anyway, my English pen pal recommended a tutorial on Advance Map, and I was watching it. I think some of you are seeing the problem. The download link no longer works, and the program hasn't been updated in the better part of a decade. I believe an admin edited the creator's post to say "Hey, you probably shouldn't use this." It was kind of helpful learning about the hexadecimal values for the tiles in the Gen III games.

In any case, I'm away from the machine where I would be doing such a task, and it's going to be a few days before I can get back to it. I need to wait until life settles down just a little bit before I start the project. (I got New Year's resolutions, like writing more often and learning to do a proper pushup.)

I still got my Nintendo Switch for Pokémon Violet. My friend from England kind of ... got me self-conscious about only playing with older generation Pokémon like Kirlia and Luxray, so my team is very different now, compared to my post in my own introduction thread. I'm about to face the Water-type gym leader. (I think I skipped one of the titans right before this gym in the unofficial order, but I don't remember.) The team now consists of: Skeledirge, Gyarados, Frigibax, Tinkatuff, Tadbulb (soon to evolve into Bellibolt), and Farigiraf. (Pokémon are hard to spell.)

Does anybody have any salted caramel brownie mix? I really need some brownie mix for these brownies to bake. [/In Jest]

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    I guess I might as well ask this question while I have the "new member" next to my name. Is there a tutorial linked here on the forums for people who are brand new to ROM hacking? (I have a little bit of experience coding in Python and Javascript, but it's nothing advanced.) I saw some tools but no tutorials (albeit I might have missed something). I know I can just look up a tutorial on YouTube, but it's hard to quickly gauge if a tutorial is efficient in how it teaches (in terms of intuitive "don't explain this part until way later cuz it'll be confusing" and in terms of "don't write a hundred lines of code for this simple task when you can just write five and be done with it").

In short, I don't know what ROM hacking project to get started on in February (when life slows down, hopefully), and I'm a bit worried about asking this as its own thread in the appropriate forum because it might have already been answered, and I just didn't see it.

Years
  • I guess I might as well ask this question while I have the "new member" next to my name. Is there a tutorial linked here on the forums for people who are brand new to ROM hacking? (I have a little bit of experience coding in Python and Javascript, but it's nothing advanced.) I saw some tools but no tutorials (albeit I might have missed something). I know I can just look up a tutorial on YouTube, but it's hard to quickly gauge if a tutorial is efficient in how it teaches (in terms of intuitive "don't explain this part until way later cuz it'll be confusing" and in terms of "don't write a hundred lines of code for this simple task when you can just write five and be done with it").

In short, I don't know what ROM hacking project to get started on in February (when life slows down, hopefully), and I'm a bit worried about asking this as its own thread in the appropriate forum because it might have already been answered, and I just didn't see it.

Don't worry, we do not use Bite. ^^
    You can always ask in the Fan Game Hub, people here will be happy to help you!
    Good luck finding a tutorial that suits you!

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    Hopefully no one uses Crunch. That's like Bite but worse. [/In Jest]

I guess I'll start up a thread in the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2023
    Just got a charizard VMAX D 020/189 out of a Booster pack my friend gave me. Any idea what it's worth? I also have to different charizard Vs one uses claw slash and fire spin damage the other incinerate and heat blast. Anyone know the value of these cards individually or as a set?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Just got a charizard VMAX D 020/189 out of a Booster pack my friend gave me. Any idea what it's worth? I also have to different charizard Vs one uses claw slash and fire spin damage the other incinerate and heat blast. Anyone know the value of these cards individually or as a set?

Hey there! Welcome to the community. The best place for this question would be the Pokémon Trading Card Game section as they'd definitely know more about the price of cards than we do. How long have you been collecting?

Years
  • Just got a charizard VMAX D 020/189 out of a Booster pack my friend gave me. Any idea what it's worth? I also have to different charizard Vs one uses claw slash and fire spin damage the other incinerate and heat blast. Anyone know the value of these cards individually or as a set?

Hello, Molly Mayhem, and welcome to the forums!
    Feel free to introduce yourself!

Years
  • hello,
    my name is teem pade from india, i am also new here

Hello, Teem Pade, and welcome to the forums!
    I moved your post in the Chit-Chat thread, since it was in another user's introduction thread.

It is always great to see new members join PokéCommunity!
    What are your favourite Pokémon games ?
    Feel free to tell us more about yourself!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • guess who's back... back again?

it's me. hi.

Someone I knew from PC found me on Twitter, and took me back here and I am just filled with so much nostalgia. While I have been so busy with a hectic life, career and such, I forgot how much I missed this place! I can't say I'll stick around a whole ton (even though I am playing Legends Arceus right now), but I'll at least try to visit once in a blue moon.

I go by Meggy. I have a big girl job, have two cats, and I'm a big Pokefan since the original 151. Nice to see y'all again.

oh and if anyone knows how to do a meganium flair, please hit me up. I need to get rid of this one. thx!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Meggy! Welcome back to the PC!

Even though you're looking to change it, you've got a good taste in flairs. I watched every episode of that series, save the one on bounty hunting.
    (I don't have a Youtube account and it was age restricted) I was also there for the whole of the final live stream as well...

Anyway, it's cool to see people coming back from long breaks and getting to read their reactions.
    Also Meganium is the best Gen 2 starter, nobody @ me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    guess who's back... back again?

it's me. hi.

Someone I knew from PC found me on Twitter, and took me back here and I am just filled with so much nostalgia. While I have been so busy with a hectic life, career and such, I forgot how much I missed this place! I can't say I'll stick around a whole ton (even though I am playing Legends Arceus right now), but I'll at least try to visit once in a blue moon.

I go by Meggy. I have a big girl job, have two cats, and I'm a big Pokefan since the original 151. Nice to see y'all again.

oh and if anyone knows how to do a meganium flair, please hit me up. I need to get rid of this one. thx!
    Megan! Hi!!! Wow it's been long. How are you doing? PC always pulls us back in eventually, you know this ;)
    (riki / adventure here)

Years
  • guess who's back... back again?

Hello, Meggy, and welcome back to the forums!
    It is always nice to see more members who have been playing since Generation 1, coming (back) here!
    What is your team in Legends of Arceus ?

Hoping you will meet new friends and get more good times on PokéCommunity. It is nice to meet you!

Back