• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Fans: Who is your favourite Super Mario Bros. Character?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Alright Mario fans - who would you say is your favourite character from the Super Mario Bros. franchise? Yes, that includes heros, princess, enemies, aaaand the main villains. In which, you can see a list here, as well as any other you can think of! Why did you choose that specific character?

As for me, I do tend to favor the Koopa party: which yeah, means the Koopa Kids, the Koopalings, Bowser Jr, and Bowser, somewhat. Why? Well, the Koopa villains in the mario games make everything interesting in the mario world, at leas tin my opinion. It's like, every super mario bros. game, and in every Mario party game, I ask myself.. what do they have planned next?

Nintendo Fans: Who is your favourite Super Mario Bros. Character?

The only problem? They are easy to beat and predictable. Easy to beat, because all you have to do is stomp on them three times. It'd be cool if there was a certain way on defeating the koopalings individually, you know? Maybe like, for example, facing Lenny Koopa you could throw bombs back at him, and against Roy Koopa, because he's so big, you could use some sort of machine. I dunno, just wishful thinking! Princess Peach is pretty cute too; and Yoshi is always a joy!

Years
  • LUIGI!

Yes. I remember being a kid and for some reason becoming interested in him. I don't remember the exact reason why; maybe his colors looked better to me compared to Mario's. I was young okay. That was a good enough reason at the time. Maybe I became interested because he was usually in the games, but he just tended to be the poor secondary character you don't get to see too often. A pity liking, perhaps? But for whatever the reason, I actually started preferring him as a character, and had always wished he could actually get a proper role in a game that wasn't some crappy edutainment game oof.

Of course that's long since changed and he's had his own games, but yeah! He's still definitely one of my favorite characters from that franchise.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2018
    I like the koopalings just because they are very fun to use in super smash bros.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Yoshi is definitely my all time favorite out of the cast.

I remember always waiting for that one stage to show up so I could ride Yoshi and eat all the enemies. Yoshi'a a kind, caring, and cute Dino, what's not to love about him? I love him since a lot of those attributes I just listed about him connect to me. I just loved how many colors he could change into in Mario Power Tennis and loved the variety of colors you got to play with in Yoshi's Island. I mostly liked Green Yoshi a lot more than the other ones, just because my favorite color is green. I just wish he had more games instead of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Wooly World. (Definitely going to get that.)

I might have chosen Daisy, but she annoys the crap out of me sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    when i laid my eyes on princess peach for the first time, i knew she was gonna be my favorite. i remember she was pretty much my idol as a kid. c: i always had to play as her in every game where she was a playable character.

so yeah, i love peach...but to be honest, all the mario characters are lovable in their own way to me.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Easily Wario

An uneven, jagged and pointy design to contrast Mario's perfect roundedness, Wario represents Nintendo R&D1's distaste in being forced to use characters that aren't their own (which, at the time, was Mario). Ever since then, the guy ended up having one of the richest histories of all of Nintendo's character, going from a protagonist of an unorthodox series of experimental platformers, to being the main poster boy of a really unique and innovative series that was way ahead of its time, ignoring how he made his way to become such a necessary character in the spin off Mario games. He's also one of the three Mario characters (the others being Bowser and Luigi) that aren't shallow and one dimensional in their personality, with Wario being identifiable as greedy and selfish, brutish and macho or gross and zany, all while being consistent.

He's a charming character that you just can't help but love to hate.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Bowser, because not only is he one of the best video game villains, he's also the most successful video game character. He's got an excellent castle luxury, he treats his henchmen nicely, and he's a good father. No matter how many times his plans are thwarted, he's still forgiven and is constantly invited to go go-karting with his mortal nemesis. He's also some sort of demi-god, where he could survive almost everything that should've killed him.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Waluigi is NUMBER ONE!

Waluigi is my favorite character because purple is my favorite color and his voice in the Mario party series is amazing and unforgettable!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I'm a huge Luigi fan, he's always been my favourite character, especially since he wears green. Luigi's also got way more personality than Mario.

I also like Toadette and Green Toad. Yes, I know Green Toad isn't technically its own character. But I like Green Toad because green.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Luigi has always been my favorite Nintendo character, and it wasn't until recently that I realized that he's probably my favorite video game character ever. I liked him because he's the underdog, the one in the background while his big brother Mario gets all the praise. Luigi also has way more personality, with the Mario & Luigi RPG series giving him some great character (especially Dream Team).

Plus he wears green!

Yukari

I've kinda always been biased when it comes to Video game characters.

Back