• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo is Falling Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Dilos Ekans said:
    I think Nintendo is terrible for planning release dates on consoles. SNES, lost to Genesis. N64 lost to the PlayStation in sales due to late release. GameCube is last due to, (IMO) they're release date after the PS2. I think that goes for Xbox too. Now guess what, the Revolution is coming out AFTER the Ps3 and the X360. I think the console department of Nintendo aren't too smart.

*Offended* Nintendo isn't terrible at planning release dates, maybe by releasing them after the other consoles make them think that they will get more fans/buyers if they put the people on hold to build the feeling of rushing out to get it at 6am idk. What the, Xbox isn't bad either. Anyway's maybe they think that after the intense competition between PS3 and Xbox 360 people will turn their attention to Nintendo Revolution.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Edited the SNES and Genisis comment. That was a typo heh.

Goken said:
    *Offended* Nintendo isn't terrible at planning release dates, maybe by releasing them after the other consoles make them think that they will get more fans/buyers if they put the people on hold to build the feeling of rushing out to get it at 6am idk.
    If Nintendo thinks they will get more purchases after the two consoles are out, they're nuts. I can actually imagine these kinds of people buying it on release..

Nintendo Freaks
    Nintendo Fans
    Kids
    SOME Casual Gamers

What the, Xbox isn't bad either.
    I never said it was. I'm saying that it would be doing much better if it was released before the PS2.

Anyway's maybe they think that after the intense competition between PS3 and Xbox 360 people will turn their attention to Nintendo Revolution.
    Intense? Dude it's a console war, nothing too intense about it. I'm going to go on a hunch that when all of them are good and out not a lot of people will have more than 1 of these consoles. Besides, who would do that?

DeltaSuicune

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    Wow, this thread still going?

Anyway, some updates for those of you that actually think Nintendo is going to die off:

pwn3d

Guess what, hel1 just froze over (excuse the word but a censored **** doesn't mean anything for this quote). Microsoft developing games for Nintendo.

Well actually, if you take a step back, it's not quite the apocalypse it seems.

Microsoft itself has even developed games for Nintendo's handhelds previously. Contrary to what many people may believe, Microsoft and Nintendo aren't the worst enemies on earth. Microsoft doesn't even consider them an enemy, they said Nintendo is in a niche market of its own and they are more or less correct. In other words, Microsoft is essentially dismissing Nintendo from the console wars; they aren't in their perception at all. Whether this is for good or for worse, who knows.

I don't recall ever hearing Nintendo and Microsoft badmouthing each other for the most part, and considering both of them have major headquarters in the same city (Microsoft's world headquarters, and Nintendo of America's headquarters)... there hasn't been any bad blood between the two companies as far as I've seen though, the only real argumentation that I can recall being over land in Redmond since both companies wanted to expand their headquarters. Go figure.

Right now Microsoft is more bent on taking on Sony and their PSP, which is probably why they went to developing for the DS.

Good stuff if you ask me.

~DS

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    DeltaSuicune said:
    Wow, this thread still going?

Anyway, some updates for those of you that actually think Nintendo is going to die off:

pwn3d

Guess what, hel1 just froze over (excuse the word but a censored **** doesn't mean anything for this quote). Microsoft developing games for Nintendo.

Well actually, if you take a step back, it's not quite the apocalypse it seems.

Microsoft itself has even developed games for Nintendo's handhelds previously. Contrary to what many people may believe, Microsoft and Nintendo aren't the worst enemies on earth. Microsoft doesn't even consider them an enemy, they said Nintendo is in a niche market of its own and they are more or less correct. In other words, Microsoft is essentially dismissing Nintendo from the console wars; they aren't in their perception at all. Whether this is for good or for worse, who knows.

I don't recall ever hearing Nintendo and Microsoft badmouthing each other for the most part, and considering both of them have major headquarters in the same city (Microsoft's world headquarters, and Nintendo of America's headquarters)... there hasn't been any bad blood between the two companies as far as I've seen though, the only real argumentation that I can recall being over land in Redmond since both companies wanted to expand their headquarters. Go figure.

Right now Microsoft is more bent on taking on Sony and their PSP, which is probably why they went to developing for the DS.

Good stuff if you ask me.

~DS

Yeah, I got Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 for my GBA. Good stuff, but you're taking this out of context. Microsoft can only give their 1st Party Developers the heads up if they want to develope for anything else but their console. It isn't like Microsoft is going to release 10 games by the end of the year. As far as I can see they want to make money off of Rare which has been doing ****ty since Microsoft has bought them(bare with me here, they did make Grabed by the Ghoulies, and Rare was initially bought for like $350 MILLION) so Microsoft let Rare do what they do best, that's right. Donkey Kong.

Unless Microsoft said they wanted to take out the PSP by pairing with Nintendo a little bit, I see this as harmless. It looks like kind of a slap in the face to Nintendo. But they're taking it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back