• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No longer a merchant

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    What got you into Pokémon?

Initial thoughts?
    First game?

What originally got me into Pokemon would be a mix of seeing my cousin playing it any time I went to her house for family gatherings, watching the anime, and seeing that school bus commercial for the first Pokemon games, because I always thought that was really cool.

My initial thoughts were that it was the coolest thing ever. I remember playing the games and thinking the sprites were just awesome (wow) and that it was really hard. But honestly other than that I can't remember much, a lot has happened since I was 2.

My first game was either Red or Blue. I got them both at the same time that I got my Gameboy Color and I don't remember which one I played first, but if I had to guess it was probably Red since my favorite Pokemon at the time was Charmander.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Do you play or the story or gameplay; or something else?

Have you kept up with the series?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Do you play or the story or gameplay; or something else?

Have you kept up with the series?

The story, and the feeling of nostalgia. I've never actually been that big on competitive battling so the gameplay mechanics haven't always been the biggest deal for me, just get overpowered and destroy everything. The nostalgia is what really gets me coming back though even when the story isn't the best.

I kept up with the series up until Black 2 and White 2. Up until then I had been buying all of the main series games but I just didn't really like Black or White, and so when Black 2 and White 2 came out I just didn't feel like buying them. And now I've actually thought about getting X&Y and ORAS, but I don't have a 3DS so sadly I haven't really been able to get back into it yet.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Boo, what do you have against bluegrass? ;(

Bluegrass is poop. I literally haven't ever heard a bluegrass song that I liked. If anyone could show me one good bluegrass song I might change my mind though :P

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    What are you planning to study in college?/ Any future plans for what you want to accomplish atm?

You no longer have your Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso theme :( How you liking it so far? Especially from a music lover yourself.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Okay, idk how you feel about banjos and shit but

Is this tolerable or.
    (the video does it no justice, poor quality ;_; )

I think if I just listened to the instrumental I might like it better, but with it all put together I can listen to it, but I don't think I would be tempted to put it on any of my playlists or anything. :T

The first song I learned how to play when I first got my guitar some 7 or 8 odd years ago dueling banjos was the first song I learned how to play, so banjos are alright in my book. It's just idk.

Who are your favorite bands from Rock and its sub-genres?

Do you ever listen to music on your radio or on your PC?

I listen to the radio every 2 months or so just to see what they've decided is popular now. Usually though if I do decide to listen to the radio I'll just turn it on the classical station. I mostly listen to music on Spotify and I've been getting on the plug dj the past couple of days.

My favorite rock bands would be Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, System Of A Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a bunch of others that I'm probably forgetting.

What are you planning to study in college?/ Any future plans for what you want to accomplish atm?

You no longer have your Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso theme :( How you liking it so far? Especially from a music lover yourself.

When I get to an actual college and not just Ivy Tech for grades, I want to either double major in Music Performance and Music Education, or major in the Culinary Arts. It really just depends on how long it takes for me to get to that point because I might end up losing all of my musical abilities and then I'd have to spend a couple of extra years devoting time to building it back up to where it is. Atm though I'm just trying to get a job. I've been putting in 20+ applications each day and I call the managers a day or two after I apply and then check back in after 4 or 5 days but I just haven't gotten anything. It's quite frustrating because my parents keep hounding me about not having a job but I'm literally doing everything I can with what I have.

And yeah I dropped my Shigatsu theme, I have a hard time keeping everything the same for long periods of time, but I'm still watching it and it just destroys me every week when I watch it. Being a musician who can't play music it just really hits me hard and I get really emotional because my situation isn't like theirs, but I go through the same pains that they go through a lot of times. It's easily my favorite anime of this season.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What exactly is your avatar? It reminds me if the Mask Salesman from Majoras Mask.

Considering you're a big contributor to Video Games - and actually one of my favorite to be frank - what do you think is missing from the forum to make it even bigger and better?

What is one grown up responsibility that scares the shit out of you knowing you'll have to confront someday?

You find a shiny nickel on the ground. It's heads up: do you pick it up?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    What exactly is your avatar? It reminds me if the Mask Salesman from Majoras Mask.

Considering you're a big contributor to Video Games - and actually one of my favorite to be frank - what do you think is missing from the forum to make it even bigger and better?

What is one grown up responsibility that scares the shit out of you knowing you'll have to confront someday?

You find a shiny nickel on the ground. It's heads up: do you pick it up?

Ya know, honeslty I didn't even know who it was myself. I was just browsing one day and saw it and thought it might make for a good avatar. I did a quick search and apparently it's a guy named Shiroishi Hajime from a manga called Ichi the Killer. He is psychologically and emotionally disturbed to the point where he acts as a child living in an adult's body. When faced with a confrontation, Ichi bursts into tears and breaks down emotionally. Even with his cowardly personality, Ichi has trained extensively in the martial arts. With this training, a concealed blade in his left boot, and a psychological kill switch, Ichi turns into a ruthless killer hunting down yakuza with a streak for sadism.

I appreciate that. And honestly I don't know that there is anything we can do to change the forum itself, we just need to change the way that interactions are done with members who get over there, which is much harder. There's plenty of events and challenges, but people seem to gravitate towards those and just altogether forget about the other threads that are being made. Some of them get a decent amount of attention but some of them can go 1 or 2 weeks before ever being posted in and then they still just get lost and forgotten. One thing would be maybe a dedicated video gaming news thread. And I don't want to think about it as that we have to use emblems to get people to be active, but people are inherently more active and into something when there are emblems involved. So maybe we could have an achievement board designed to look like the display that appears when you look at what you've achieved in a video game so far. You make 5 quality posts that are in a thread other than the DCC, you get a trophy. Or points would work too. You get a certain amount of points for different accomplishments and then after you get a certain amount (a decent number, nothing too low but not too crazy high either) you can redeem them for an emblem, like a revamped version of the PC member gaming directory that was up in June. I think the points would be better, if that was even a viable option. also monthly video game showdowns

One grown up responsibility that really scares the bejeezus out of my when I think about it, is being responsible for taking care of someone else. I honestly don't take the best care of myself, and so thinking about taking care of a wife or a kid just gets to me sometimes.

Yes. I almost always pick up change when I see it laying around on the street. That stuff really adds up.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    You have quite the interesting name! What is your connection to music? Do you play an instrument?

Thanks! I loved playing music ever since I started out on the trumpet in 6th grade. Since then I've learned to play French Horn, Tuba, Flute, Trombone, Baritone and I tried to learn how to play Clarinet but that didn't work out too well since I can't play reeds. Tuba is the love of my life, but all I have to play right now is a beat up old trumpet with sticky and dented valves so even if I did decide I wanted to play it, I wouldn't get very far without everything malfunctioning on me.
    What's your favorite genre to read?

no hentai, I know that's what you want to answer

I don't read often, but when I do pretty much any type of manga or manhwa is prime pickings. Other than that though I really like fiction and stuff based around mythology or medieval times type stuff. Percy Jackson and the Olympians as well as the other series that Rick Riordan has written are among some of my favorites. And the one book that I've read from the Dune series was also pretty great. If I actually feel like reading, pretty much anything that's not non-fiction is perfectly fine regardless of what it's about. I've even got into romance novels before. While creepy at times, they can be a pretty good read if your power goes out and you can't do anything else.

Back