• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

nollie fs heel

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
    It's been a while since I posted here. I D/L'd and watched the new pokemon movie and that kinda got me interested in pokemon again. (the one with mew and lucario. Its sick, I suggest you all see it when you get a chance. (It was my first time seeing the japanise version of the anime. I realized they sound more like normal people in the original than in the dubbed version.)

ANYWAYS, back on topic:

Heres a pic I drew when I on my free time in school. Its not that good, but its worth posting here, I guess. Its Ash/Satoshi doing a Nollie-frontside Heelflip down a set of stairs. For those of you who are like "wtf?," just google it, lol. Its hard to explain to someone who doesnt skate.

Skate or Die.
    nollie fs heel

So, Whatcha think?

EDIT: colored 2/17/06

nollie fs heel

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Sketchy but hey,everything starts out like that in the begining. Not bad. Its a pretty good pose for Ash. Could use a wee lil' working on,but than that it looks great. Keep it up!

DarkClown

Do not D O U B L E - P O S T
    Years
    Dosen't make sense....And...It would be better if you drew on a White blank piece of paper...Not a writing pad paper...Looks smudged...

butterFlyFree

Fields of green
    Years
    Great picture

But what about the eyes?

Nice and cool
    Still ash's right hand looks like it's a bit to
    much like rubber.
    And improve on the art of drawing the hands.

It is really good and cool
    Keep it up

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    > Smudged. Try to keep messiness and smudginess to a minimum in all pieces of art you tend to create.
    > Do your art on Automatic A4 paper. Not on leaf paper or writing paper.

Other from those, I really like your talent.

Keep it up.

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
    Thanks for comments, guys. I am going to work on putting it in color and pimpin' it out in photoshop now.

(btw its a work in progress. We are not cave men, spongebob. We have technology. *smashes paper w/ moniter*

*edit: For those of you who are like "wtf???," He is doing a skateboard trick down a flight of stairs.

Last edited:

</|-?lvaro-|\>

U.God Of Invincible Fists
    Years
    I liked the idea of your drawing, it is really creative, it is good to see Satoshi or Ash or wtf doing hardcore and badass stuff, different from the trash he is in the anime hahhaha, just simply doing pok?mon stuff XD, really dude, i liked this idea of your, and I know this trick, for I used to skateboard, and my brother skateboards. By the way, though your intention was to pass an idea of a JUMPING movement, ash looks like he is either sitting at the stairs or about to fall from his sk8board, like you said above . But good work and congratulations for the creativity ^^

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
    well, you would be suprised at what you can do in photoshop. about the positioning of him i mean.

btw, doesnt he just look like a hardcore skater?? he reminds me of a few of my freinds from back in the day.

ps: finally someone who skates/skated besides myself. I was starting to get worried there for a moment.

pps. Notice the pants are pulled down, exposing the boxers, as they should on all people who are cool.

Years
    I skate. I ain't very good, but hey, I know what the tricks are. That's a seriously pimpin Satoshi. But yeah if he was actually doin this he'd land frickin' hard-core. Ouch. You gatta nice style of drawing. Hope to see the final version.

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
    it would be nice to see him slam though. THATS FOR NEVER MAKING A MOVE!! EVER!! ON EITHER OF THEM!!

mmm schadenfreude goodness..

btw, the final version will have a fisheye lens effect, for i just today figured out how to do it.

<3 photoshop...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Nice sketch. But argh, lined paper, that's a no-no. I mean, you can delete the lines in Photoshop but it's just a waste of time when you could have done it on regular computer paper. BTW, what version of Photoshop do you have?

When you do color it in, make sure you define the shadows clearly. I'm sure many people thought Ash was sitting on the stairs instead of actually doing a trick.

Aww, May, she…has no eyes. O_o Yeah, might wanna fix that.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
    may = cameraman. You've obviously never seen a skate video.

I dont care what kind of paper i do it on. It doesnt change anything if i do it on lined paper, I still trace it and pimp it out all the same. The sketch with me is almost always a rushed job, because I just want to get the idea down on paper.

plus i had no other paper. plus I had like 30 mins, plus a crappy .7 mech pencil.

btw, i use photoshop 7.

*gets back to work*

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Hey QuickDude! ^^

Nice pic you have here! I really like the way you've drawn Ash's trousers, they look very effective and the folds in the clothing are very well-expressed! I also like the skateboard :D
    Since you have already received a few critiques on this, I shall hold back on that! If you wanted to remove the lines you can always trace over the drawing in Photoshop, but that's only if you want to ^^ I think this is a really good pic, and it's great that you mixed two of your interests like that! :)

Keep it up! ;)

--FG

</|-?lvaro-|\>

U.God Of Invincible Fists
    Years
    QuickDude said:

I dont care what kind of paper i do it on. It doesnt change anything if i do it on lined paper, I still trace it and pimp it out all the same. The sketch with me is almost always a rushed job, because I just want to get the idea down on paper.

plus i had no other paper. plus I had like 30 mins, plus a crappy .7 mech pencil.

btw, i use photoshop 7.

*gets back to work*

well good luck with the colouring
    nollie fs heel

QuickDude said:

nollie fs heel
    HAHAHAHAH! *LAUGHING AT THE COMMENT YOU MADE TO THE PERSON IN THIS THREAD HAHAHA*

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
    Rawr. shreddage. see what I mean? Paper is for cavemen. or people who have the ability to draw light lines, which I dont, lol. I grew up on computors, so i am too accustomed to go back to using paper as a primary source of drawing-tool. i dont know if that made sense.
    nollie fs heel

What do you think?

(Side note: I learned to nollie today!! I feel so special now that i can nollie a crack in the sidewalk, lol)

EDIT:

Forest Grovyle said:
    Hey QuickDude! ^^

...If you wanted to remove the lines you can always trace over the drawing in Photoshop, but that's only if you want to...

wtf? you mean theres another way besides tracing the scanned pic? lol

EDIT: also, Another reason I dont use paper much is because there IS NO UNDO BUTTON! im drawing, and i screw up and i'm like, "ctrl-z... wait. CRAP! i have to erase!"

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦
    QuickDude said:
    btw, i use photoshop 7.

Cool, I use that too. Sometimes I feel like the only one. All my friends have Photoshop CS (or CS 2).

QuickDude said:
    Rawr. shreddage. see what I mean? Paper is for cavemen. or people who have the ability to draw light lines, which I dont, lol. I grew up on computors, so i am too accustomed to go back to using paper as a primary source of drawing-tool. i dont know if that made sense.

But there are so many advantages to drawing on paper. The feel of the graphite, the textures achieved the authentic look. Sometimes it saddens me how kids these days don't have any experience in traditional art.

Anyways, I really like your Photoshopped picture. I'm glad you fixed Ash's positioning. The colors and shading are all very well done.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Back