• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-Pokemon Threads

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Am I or any other member (with an adequate post number and posting rights) allowed to post a hack that is not based off of or related to Pokemon in any way in the hacking sections?

To be more specific, I would post a hack in the Progressing Hacks section and then wait for it to (hopefully) get moved to the Hacks Showcase section, but it wouldn't be related to Pokemon. Like let's say the hack was a Legend of Zelda hack or something.

If it's not allowed, out of curiosity, how come? (I'm not going to be a jerk about it, don't worry)

I apologize in advance if there was something that mentioned this. I read through most of the stickied topics in the Hacking section, even PMed a moderator a few months ago (never got a response), but haven't found my answer.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • You are certainly allowed. The forum is "Hacks Showcase," not "Pokémon Hacks Showcase." Most of the hacks there are Pokémon hacks because this is, of course, PokéCommunity, so you won't see as much support for other games (like no documents on how to hack the sprites in MegaMan or something).

It would definitely be a fresh breeze of creativity on the forum that is nothing but Ruby/Sapphire/LeafGreen/FireRed remade into Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. If you do make one, be sure to send me a link when you do. I would love to see a hack where one of the main features isn't: "It's got Giratina and Shaymin and Dialga so it's so cool and original!"

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah, but the forum is "PokeCommunity", not "Hacking Community" or "Video Game Community", so I just wanted to be safe. XD Oh, btw, I love how you use accents with Pokémon. I wouldn't have the patience to do that. [/random]

I've never made a [legit] Pokemon hack so it's almost guaranteed you won't be seeing anything to do with legendary or shiny pokemon from me. ^_^ Thanks for the help!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yeah, you can. I'd know, I made a Fire Emblem one a few months back. There's going to be a lack on interest due to most people being Pokémon fans rather than <insert fandom> fans, but it'll still work. Might get called an oddball or something, but nobody's stopping you. ^^

And, uh, Blazer, is that you?

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    @Ninja Caterpie, I just saw that hack in your sig. Even if there aren't many FE fans, there might be a few, so it's worth the shot. Also, idk who you are, and it's probably best we don't have a chit-chat in this thread, so PM me with any alternate names or something, I might know you by another name.

I figured the mod thing, Hiroshi, it's no problem. I've done such things myself and then felt guilty for not responding on time. But that's irrelevant; I appreciate the help. :)

Back