• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nonsensical titles

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A lot of games have titles that make no sense. List your favorites here

I personally like how there's 15 main series games titled "final fantasy"

TY

Tiberian Sun: From what I gathered everytime the battlefield looked grim and dark, so where the hell is the sun?

Years
    • Seen today
    It's a Beatles reference, referring to a John Lennon song of the same name.

AFAIK it's also for thematic reasons, most noticeable in Mother 3.

Oh, that's actually very cool.

It explains so many of the references.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe's Japanese name is odd yet amusing for me.

Dedede Daioh no Dedede de Den Z (デデデ大王のデデデでデンZ) Talk about so many Dededes...

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
    Years
  • Here's a classic from Japan:

Summertime High School. A Young Man's Notes – How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend On The School Tour, Then For Some Reason Became Super-Popular With The Girls For His Daily Scoops On The School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, And What He Thinks As He Goes On Dates During His Summer Of Island School Life.

Quite a mouthful, eh? :t154:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Here's a classic from Japan:

Summertime High School. A Young Man's Notes – How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend On The School Tour, Then For Some Reason Became Super-Popular With The Girls For His Daily Scoops On The School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, And What He Thinks As He Goes On Dates During His Summer Of Island School Life.

Quite a mouthful, eh? :t154:
    Nah, completely normal XD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    A lot of games have titles that make no sense. List your favorites here

I personally like how there's 15 main series games titled "final fantasy"

IIRC, the FF1 was meant to be Square's(?) final game before shutting down. Hence 'final fantasy'.

Years
  • IIRC, the FF1 was meant to be Square's(?) final game before shutting down. Hence 'final fantasy'.

Yeah, it was basically Squaresoft's desperate last attempt to make something that'd turn a profit. Then it made so much profit, they had to make more

Back