• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Odd Base Brushfire Theme Deck

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    Hello,

I've recently acquired what seems to be a shadowless Brushfire theme deck from the original base series. I have noticed something odd about the picture of the back of the deck and have been searching the Internet for similar pictures, but I haven't been able to find any.

I've taken pictures of the back of my deck and you can see that the energy cards are placed in front of the Charmeleon card. Whereas all of the other pictures I've seen of the Brushfire decks have it the other way around as in the Charmeleon is in front of the energy cards. Here are some of my other decks to show you what I mean. Sorry for the blurriness.

I'm sure it is nothing special, but I'm curious if anyone has come across this before or could offer some further information.

Cheers,

Years
    I honestly have never seen that before, but I don't really collect the older sets at the moment due to a lack of money. I can see about looking into it, but maybe one of our more serious collectors has seen this before.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    I honestly have never seen that before, but I don't really collect the older sets at the moment due to a lack of money. I can see about looking into it, but maybe one of our more serious collectors has seen this before.

Thanks, I'm asking around in other places as well so if I find any further information I'll post an update here.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
    oh.....my...god where did u get these from how much money depending on the price ill tell u if their real or not.......if its real i can tell u what they r ................ur a a lucky person :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    oh.....my...god where did u get these from how much money depending on the price ill tell u if their real or not.......if its real i can tell u what they r ................ur a a lucky person :D

I managed to get them off someone from ebay for a pretty good price. I'm fairly sure the seller too aware what they were. Sounds like you know something I don't :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    All of my decks are still sealed in the original plastic wrappings. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    Huh. Could be an error. Look for typos on the back of the word "Pokémon" on the back.

Everything all of the writing looks normal. It's identical to every brushfire I've managed to see on the Internet except for the picture. Hopefully Romeo010 can solve the mystery =)

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
    True donavannj its unliky to find out on if they are real or not depending on the price but usually overpriced means a scam if it looks odd thts why i was asking no harm done right? :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    True donavannj its unliky to find out on if they are real or not depending on the price but usually overpriced means a scam if it looks odd thts why i was asking no harm done right? :P

Thanks very much for your input, but putting aside whether it is real or not, do you have any idea if the deck something special?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    An interesting oddity. This is mostly likely attributable to the number of adjustments WotC made to the base set run throughout its printing time. Most people know about the shadowless 1st edition run, the regular 1st edition run, and the unlimited run, but there were actually many more subtle changes made in subsequent runs as well. You can imagine why, considering it was a brand new series and there were many initial kinks to work out. Your deck is likely from an older print run from before they decided to put the pokemon in front of the energy cards.
    This is an educated guess, mind you. There are a lot of little things like that to be found in base set products, and this looks a lot like one of those.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    I have the 4 original decks here I purchased them for £40 a piece, I will compare mine to yours and get back to you, I know mine are real as I had my Mewtwo Gyarados Ninetails and Hitmonchan PSA graded.

Back