• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Odd One Out

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Simple game, just list three Pokémon and have the next person guess which is the odd one out! Be as creative as you like, the whole idea is for people to come up with interesting ideas for why two of them are related and the other isn't.

Odd One Out

Rules

• First poster lists a set of three Pokémon.
    • Second poster has to choose which Pokémon is the odd one out of the three, and give a reason why.
    • The second poster then lists another three Pokémon for the next poster to play with.
    • There are no right or wrong answers - the odd one out is whichever you choose it to be!
    • Game ends when the world ends.
    • HAVE FUN.

Example

CottonEyePlusle said:
    Who's the odd one out between Piplup, Totodile, and Blastoise?
    LucarioSpanker said:
    Piplup - his final evolution is dual-typed! Who's the odd one out between Gyarados, Magikarp, and Vileplume?
    Remorage101 said:
    Magikarp - he isn't a final evolution! What's the odd one out between Swanna, Klink and Metagross?
    The difference can be anything you like as long as it makes sense. So let's get started!

Odd One Out

What's the odd one out between Sandshrew, Duskull, and Drilbur?

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Duskull, both Sandshrew and Drilbur are Ground types.

Which is the odd one out between Poliwag, Remoraid and Pidgey? And it isn't their typing :p

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think the odd one out is Remoraid since he only evolves once!

What's the odd one out between Jigglypuff, Roselia, and Starly?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Sentret is the odd one out - he starts off knowing Scratch whereas Rattata and Zigzagoon start off knowing Tackle! (That one needed some thinking about XD)

Who's the odd one out between Ekans, Carnivine and Ursaring?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Does this have to be about pokemon
    ekans has no i in it

Starly
    pidgey
    pidove

Olli

Years
    Starly, since it's the only one of the three that can learn Brave Bird naturally by leveling.

Gastly, Banette and Dusclops.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Dusclops - it's the only one that doesn't end up with a Mega evolution!

Kecleon, Castform, and Nincada?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Castform is the only one in the kalos dex

chickorita
    Cyndaquil
    totodile

Last edited:

Olli

Years
    Totodile, it's the only one that doesn't have anything relating to its typing on its body.

Hoppip, Jigglypuff and Kadabra?

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    Kadabra. It's name doesn't have double letters.

Just came up with this. Meowth, Vanillite, Squirtle. which one is the odd one out. I think it will be either very obvious or someone will come up with an even better answer.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    All I can think of is that Meowth is the odd one out since the other two both evolve twice, but if there was a more interesting answer to that I'd love to hear it XD

Edit: OH, Meowth and Squirtle have both been starters in games (main series and spin-offs) whereas Vanillite hasn't?

Growlithe, Oddish, Cubone - which is the odd one out?

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    very obscure reason: Cubone because the other two have double letters in what kind of Pokémon they are (weed, puppy, lonely).
    Less obscure reason: Oddish because it has two types, others don't.
    BTW, the original thought behind meowth vanillite squirtle was that meowth and squirtle are based on animals.

Now, odd one out of: Farfetched, Oshawott, Pikachu.

Olli

Years
    Oddish is the only one to have been used in the Twitch Plays Pokemon stream ;D All hail the might Cabbage! aw

Very grammar nazi reason: Farfetched, because it's the only one that's misspelled (should be Farfetch'd) haha.
    Less grammar nazi reason: Pikachu, because it's the only one to not hold some sort of object (Farfetch'd leek, Oshawott's shell).

Pidgeot, Arceus or Mewtwo?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Pidgeot is BirdJesus (yeaaaaah Twitch), Arceus is the PokéGod, Mewtwo is a random mutant freak - he's the odd one out!

Pikachu, Caterpie, and Drowzee?

Olli

Years
    Furrett, since it's the only one of the three two have double double consonants :D

Jirachi, Celebi or Shaymin?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Shaymin - it's the only one based on a real animal! (Unless time travelling bee-like creatures are now real animals, in which case it's Jirachi :D)

Heracross, Trapinch, and Poliwag?

Back