• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hi! =)
    Can someone estimate the worth of my 41 holos? Is it less than 50 dollars or should I actually consider selling cards one by one?

I know its against the rules to get all of them valued so just give me an estimate of the bunch ;)

https://imgur.com/a/WKkc7

There's a high potential that your collection is worth more than $50, but that will be dependent on the condition of the cards. As all of these holos have at least $1 in value on their own, in order for an accurate assessment, you'll need to take 4 out of their sleeves at a time and take pictures, because the sleeves you have them in make it near impossible to tell the card's condition from your photos.

Also, the 4 cards cap is in place because at one point in time, there were a ton of people just posting like you did and looking for someone to value every last card, which can be a time consuming process even just for 4 cards.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Hey

So, ive just managed to find my old pokemon trading cards from my childhood and were wondering if anyone of you might have an opinion about if these cards acctually have som value.

First card:
    Venusaur
    Base set
    15/102

Second card:
    Blastoise
    Base set
    2/102

Third card:
    Charizard
    Base set
    4/102

Fourth card:
    Alakazam
    Base set
    1/102

None of these cards are first generation marked or shadowless (i think). All cards are holo.
    (I also have some other similar cards from the base set, such as Gyarados, Zapdos and Mewtwo ++)

If anyone could help me with an value estimate on these four cards it would be very appreciated :)

Thank you :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    I have so many I have no idea what the price are... I don't even know the name of one of them (I think its super rare).

So, Card 1 I have no idea what it is or what it says...

Photo 2 - the Promo movie collection

Photo 3 - Promo Poketour Pikachu "Poketour 1999"

Photo 4 - Japanese Mew and Promo English Mew

Photo 5 - Promo Novelty sized Charizard (about A5 size)

I posted a few more because I'm sure the appreciators may not have even seen a few of these ;)

I would really appreciate any help advice on these!

Thanks gang!

K

Attachments

• Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]
      IMG_2510.jpg
      636.8 KB · Views: 5
      IMG_2512.jpg
      474.8 KB · Views: 5
      IMG_2517.JPG
      545 KB · Views: 4
      IMG_2525.JPG
      650.1 KB · Views: 7
      IMG_2526.jpg
      574.6 KB · Views: 6
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Could someone help me figure out if my holo 6/108 Charizard is real?
    It has a holo background as well as holo name and HP, but I noticed that other holo 6/108s have the "Ex Power Keepers" stamp on the bottom right of the image and this one doesn't. Also, the back seems to be misprinted. I'm not sure if this increases its likelihood of being fake or just makes it worth more.
    When I put it up to a light it does not become transparent like other fake cards, and the font seems to be crisp and matching.
    Thank you! E
    Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2016
    Hi, I was wondering about the values of these 4 cards:

I've got:

A fully holo pidgeotto 22/102, 1999 Wizards. I haven't seen anything of this kind for sale anywhere, so no idea what it's worth.

A 1st edition Holo machamp 8/102 1999 Wizards.

A holo mewtwo 10/102 1999 Wizards

A fully holo Pidgeot 24/64 1999 Wizards.

I've uploaded a quick picture, if you need any better ones let me know and I'll get right on it!

Attachments

4kMzulo.jpg
      112.3 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    How much are these worth?

Holo + Holo Boarders Ninetails Delta Species, 8/101 from the EX-Dragon Frontiers set
    Reverse Holo Garchomp, 91/124 from the Dragons Exalted set
    Kangaskhan Holo EX, 78/106 from the Flashfire set
    Regirock holo full art, XY49 from XY Black Star Promo set

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I looked through all my old cards today and I found an interesting one.
    First edition very good condition dark rapidash 44/82 1999-2000 wizards
    I also found a lot more old wizard cards but I don't feel like making a ton of posts. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    Had this for a while now. Can't find one with black edges like that. Does anyone have any info on it? Is it somehow special? Not in very good shape.

Years
    Hi all, I need a bit of help with understanding the background of a specific card!
    I recently bought a pokemon card from the Rocket set. It's a Dark Kadabra first edition uncommon card (39/82) but it's a holo! Has anybody else ever come across anything similar or do I have a one of a kind card card?
    Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd love to know it's worth!
    Many thanks! :) Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hey! I have 3 pikachu 60/64 from 1st gen. It says Basic pokemon on top left corner, and has a blossom under the picture to the right. No other stamps. are they worth 600 dollars like ebay says?:)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I couldn't find a price for this online, could somebody give me a rough price range?
    The box is covered in scratches however the cards and original booklet that came with it are in near mint condition.
    Spoiler:

Thanks,
    -AdamN

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    sealed in plastic, mint, holo, first edition, base set Machamp
    sealed in plastic, mint, holo, base set Cool Porygon (yes, 'cool' is part of the name)
    Misty's Seadra, says 'prerelease' at bottom right of image, not mint
    mint, base set, Japanese pocket monster Dragonair

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    sealed in plastic, mint, holo, base set Cool Porygon (yes, 'cool' is part of the name)

I've seen the Cool Porygon go for £15 mint (roughly $19 if you're American)

The Misty's Seadra isn't really worth much, as it was given away with various magazines as well as the prerelease event. There's a Brock's Vulpix that came with the same magazine in another issue. Mint you could get maybe £3, but used you're unlikely to get anything.

Machamp is a strange one, if you check the eBay sold listings it varies from £2 to £30.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?s...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

It might be worth scrolling through there to get a rough idea of what you want to try and get for it.

Couldn't tell you what the Dragonair is worth, but my guess is (judging by other base set cards) not a lot.

Years
    Sorry for the delay on replies to many of you.

Hey

So, ive just managed to find my old pokemon trading cards from my childhood and were wondering if anyone of you might have an opinion about if these cards acctually have som value.

First card:
    Venusaur
    Base set
    15/102

Second card:
    Blastoise
    Base set
    2/102

Third card:
    Charizard
    Base set
    4/102

Fourth card:
    Alakazam
    Base set
    1/102

None of these cards are first generation marked or shadowless (i think). All cards are holo.
    (I also have some other similar cards from the base set, such as Gyarados, Zapdos and Mewtwo ++)

If anyone could help me with an value estimate on these four cards it would be very appreciated :)

Thank you :)

View attachment 79448

View attachment 79449

View attachment 79450

View attachment 79451

In the condition Venusaur is in, it's $10.

Given Blastoise's condition, it's $3.

With Charizard's condition (better than Vensaur and Blastoise, but not much better than Venusaur), it's $25 (Charizard in general is worth more).

Alakazam, in it's condition, $2.

I have so many I have no idea what the price are... I don't even know the name of one of them (I think its super rare).

So, Card 1 I have no idea what it is or what it says...

Photo 2 - the Promo movie collection

Photo 3 - Promo Poketour Pikachu "Poketour 1999"

Photo 4 - Japanese Mew and Promo English Mew

Photo 5 - Promo Novelty sized Charizard (about A5 size)

I posted a few more because I'm sure the appreciators may not have even seen a few of these ;)

I would really appreciate any help advice on these!

Thanks gang!

K

1. Imakuni's Doduo. $1.

2. Combined they're worth between $12 and $15. Not sure why someone recently bought the set for $35, though. They're $3 to $4 each individually.

3. PokeTour Pikachu falls between $30 and $40 depending on the whim of the buyer, it looks like.

4. With that bent corner, the English promo Mew is maybe $3. Without that bent corner it'd probably be $10. The Japanese fossil mew it's paired with is all over the map, going as low as $1.99 and as high as $14.99. It's most frequently going for between $5 and $7.

5. That particular Jumbo is a fake, and the Fighting Energy symbol used for the Resistance is the biggest giveaway. The fist doesn't fit inside the 3D half-sphere, whereas on an official card it would. Actually, pretty much all of the Energy symbols are messed up.

Could someone help me figure out if my holo 6/108 Charizard is real?
    It has a holo background as well as holo name and HP, but I noticed that other holo 6/108s have the "Ex Power Keepers" stamp on the bottom right of the image and this one doesn't. Also, the back seems to be misprinted. I'm not sure if this increases its likelihood of being fake or just makes it worth more.
    When I put it up to a light it does not become transparent like other fake cards, and the font seems to be crisp and matching.
    Thank you! E
    View attachment 79514View attachment 79515

It's a fake, sorry. The biggest tell is the Colorless Energy symbols.

The real card for a comparison:
    Spoiler:

Hi, I was wondering about the values of these 4 cards:

I've got:

A fully holo pidgeotto 22/102, 1999 Wizards. I haven't seen anything of this kind for sale anywhere, so no idea what it's worth.

A 1st edition Holo machamp 8/102 1999 Wizards.

A holo mewtwo 10/102 1999 Wizards

A fully holo Pidgeot 24/64 1999 Wizards.

I've uploaded a quick picture, if you need any better ones let me know and I'll get right on it!

Pidgeotto and Pidgeot are fake. Neither of those cards comes in an all-holo version.

Your Machamp is worth about $2 based on what i can tell of its condition as well as which version of the 1st Edition machamp it is (it's the shadowed version, which is worth $3 to $5 in near mint condition, which yours is not).

You Mewtwo is probably worth $5 from what I can tell of its' condtion.

Holo + Holo Boarders Ninetails Delta Species, 8/101 from the EX-Dragon Frontiers set
    Reverse Holo Garchomp, 91/124 from the Dragons Exalted set
    Kangaskhan Holo EX, 78/106 from the Flashfire set
    Regirock holo full art, XY49 from XY Black Star Promo set

Ninetales: $4 to $6.
    Garchomp (reverse holo): $1
    Kangaskhan EX: $3 to $5.
    Regirock: $1 to $3.

I looked through all my old cards today and I found an interesting one.
    First edition very good condition dark rapidash 44/82 1999-2000 wizards
    I also found a lot more old wizard cards but I don't feel like making a ton of posts. Thanks!

$1 to $2 for the 1st Edition Dark Rapidash.

Had this for a while now. Can't find one with black edges like that. Does anyone have any info on it? Is it somehow special? Not in very good shape.

It's a fake. Very much so.

Hi all, I need a bit of help with understanding the background of a specific card!
    I recently bought a pokemon card from the Rocket set. It's a Dark Kadabra first edition uncommon card (39/82) but it's a holo! Has anybody else ever come across anything similar or do I have a one of a kind card card?
    Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd love to know it's worth!
    Many thanks! :) View attachment 79560

It's a fake because that card never came in a holo form.

Hey! I have 3 pikachu 60/64 from 1st gen. It says Basic pokemon on top left corner, and has a blossom under the picture to the right. No other stamps. are they worth 600 dollars like ebay says?:)

Nowhere close. They're at best maybe worth $0.50 US.

I couldn't find a price for this online, could somebody give me a rough price range?
    The box is covered in scratches however the cards and original booklet that came with it are in near mint condition.
    Spoiler:

Thanks,
    -AdamN

Just throwing a guess out there, based on its condition, but somewhere between $8 and $12. Probably would be worth $15 to $20 mint.

Dragonair is worth $1 to $3 US.

See my reply to hands on Machamp. It's a bit of an odd card to price as it depends on which version you have.

I've seen the Cool Porygon go for £15 mint (roughly $19 if you're American)

The Misty's Seadra isn't really worth much, as it was given away with various magazines as well as the prerelease event. There's a Brock's Vulpix that came with the same magazine in another issue. Mint you could get maybe £3, but used you're unlikely to get anything.

Machamp is a strange one, if you check the eBay sold listings it varies from £2 to £30.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?s...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

It might be worth scrolling through there to get a rough idea of what you want to try and get for it.

Couldn't tell you what the Dragonair is worth, but my guess is (judging by other base set cards) not a lot.

There's so much variance with Machamp because it's got multiple versions with the first edition stamp. It also only has a first edition stamp on official cards for the Base Set Machamp. There's a version like the normal 1st edition cards where it's shadowless, and a verison like the rest of the set's print runs where it has a shadow. The price difference between the two versions is roughly $25\0 US. The shadowed version is worth something like $3, and the shadowless version, last I checked, clocked in between $20 and $25.

Again, it's a weird card because it was included in the Starter Deck at the time as the bonus card and only was printed with a 1st edition stamp.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]
    Hey, I was wondering what this card is worth. I've been trying to find this online, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know that it's a [Japanese] Giovanni's Nidorino, if you could help me out in any way, It would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    View attachment 79685View attachment 79686
    Hey, I was wondering what this card is worth. I've been trying to find this online, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know that it's a [Japanese] Giovanni's Nidorino, if you could help me out in any way, It would be greatly appreciated.

It's a fake, and seems to have seen better days. Unfortunately its worth nothing, though you should keep hold of it because those old fakes looked pretty cool.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    How can you be so sure?

Because reverse holos didn't exist until much later than Gym 1/2 (Neo 4 I think?) and no official card has ever been printed on that prism paper.

^ That's how it's supposed to look, you can always tell a Wizards of the Coast era card is fake if its printed on that shiny paper that makes the whole thing seem holographic

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I have a Japenese Jolteon Card. It has a halo in the background of the Jolteon picture. It's from 1996. It is not in mint condition though. Do you have any idea how much this is worth!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back