• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ok I need to know...

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    Alrighty, I'd like to help you.

Just follow my instructions:

1) Go to the ShinyGold page; here's a link.
    2) Scroll down until you see "Attached Files."
    3) Download ShinyGold_V4(bugfix)_ByZel.zip‎ if you want the normal version, and download ShinyGold_X_V4_ByZel.zip‎ if you want the hard version.
    3a) Now, take the zip file and unzip it using any program, and you get a ips file. Leave it there, and move on to the next step.
    4) Now, you need a FireRed rom.
    5) Once you get one, take the rom and the ips files and put them in one folder.
    6) Now, name the rom and the ips the same thing...
    7) Now open the rom in VBA (VisualBoyAdvance - If you don't have it, google it)
    8) BAM! ShinyGold is on your computer!

Have fun!

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    4) Ew... I'm not supposed to tell you where to get a FireRed rom... Just google it.

3a) Eh... Sorry about the jargon... You need a program that is designed to open zip files, which are compressed folders. You need to unzip (uncompress) the file, and then inside will be a file that has an .ips extension.

For a program, you might want to get a trial of WinRar, from here.

Again, I see that you're not too familiar with all of this... jargon, and it's very understandable. I even found myself thinking "Wah?" as well... ^^

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    If you still can't figure it out, youtube has some videos detailing the procedure, I believe.

Back