• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] OK Mon: Adequate Version [The One with the Hand-Drawn Pokémon] (Now Updated!)

EndlessBeat

Professionally Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    got the game to download now i need to get surf but the lady wont give it to me

Now that the game's been updated to v1.1 (Slightly Better Version), the game now comes with a text file showing where all the HM's/field moves are.

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    If you're the kind of trainer that likes to know what they're up against, worry no more! You can now see every trainer's team with this! It even includes all the boss trainers! (Note: This also includes unused trainers that come with default Pokémon Essentials)

Spoiler:

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Instead of there being shinies, a Pokémon has a small chance to be any color with the new Color Variants plugin by MickTK. You can check that out here!
    (broken link removed)

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I fell in love just by seeing the screenshots. This game looks so charming. Time to play, thank you so-so much for it=3
    EDIT: I've played it yesterday and I am having a blast. It is such a unique experience. Yes, there are so many cool sprites and fakemon artists, but these lil fellas are so adorable and goofy.

I forgot to ask, what's your favorite part of the game so far, or if you're already finished, what did you enjoy the most? I'd love to know!

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    OK Mon: Adequate Version has just been updated to v1.1.1. This will likely be the last update unless a major game-breaking bug is found. Thanks to everyone who stuck around to see this project become a reality! Y'all are awesome. Anyway, here are likely the final patch notes.

Spoiler:

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    For my two year anniversary on Relic Castle, I released all the hand-drawn assets I made for OK Mon: Adequate Version!
    Check them out here: (broken link removed)

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Glad to see this game is fully released! Playing it right now and it's been pretty fun so far.

RoseIslandy

The Rose Island
    Years
    I'm really enjoying this so far, the sprites make this game so unique and refreshing to play. I'm just curious, how do you evolve sunkern in this game?

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I'm really enjoying this so far, the sprites make this game so unique and refreshing to play. I'm just curious, how do you evolve sunkern in this game?

Glad you're enjoying it! There's a ChangeLogPE text file in the game's folder that should have most of the evolution method changes. Evolve Sunkern with a Dusk Stone.

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Huge thanks to everyone for getting this game to over 10,000 views on PokeCommunity! Y'all all awesome!

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey all my pokemon when I entered the first cave and onward are all Timid Nature after I captured them? Is this a bug? How do I fix this? Kinda bums me out. Is there a way to reset how natures work maybe replace a file?

Last edited:

croksten.stein

Mindless Gamer (and not a good one at that)
    Days
    • he/him, it/its
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    this game is awesome, the concept of handdrawn sprites is very fun and the game on itself is really pleasant to play ! i started it yesterday and i can't get enough ! tho i am wondering if there is any way to get an Archen from the fossil guy ? i've been spamming him and i got two boxes full of unwanted fossils but still no Archen :[

EDIT : i created an account just to ask that and i found got an Archen litteraly right after, so i guess that answers my question lol

Days
    I really like how relaxed the game feels. A lot of games are all "ooh story serious time" but I very much enjoy games I can take at my own pace. Especially ones I can just pause in the middle of everything and just zone out to doing some pokedex completion. Today I, three badges in hand, Vulfin the Nidorina and Murakumo the Poochyena at my side, battled Picknicker Sue a hundred times over, grinding up various low level mon to evolution levels. It wasn't exciting. I had various speedruns of other pokemon games playing in the background. But it was fun. With the boosted EXP gain, the levels were manageable, so it never felt like a chore. Now I'm doing a bit more catching, picking up any mon I just forgot.

Will I ever finish my playthrough the game? At this rate, maybe in a month or two. Depends on how easy the rest of the pokedex is, lol. But great job, am having fun.

Shoutouts to Picknicker Sue for putting up with me this past hour :P

Back