• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen ok... this really makes me angry...

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    ok... i luved to soft reset in the previous games and i was able to get 5 shinies this way(rayquaza, charizard, metagross, groudon, and mewtwo)... but in this game... it (1) is harder to push and (2) the title screen takes forever to load because of stupid dialga... is it like that for pearl... and does ne 1 agree???

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Yes, I agree. That's the point. Finding shinies is supposed to be difficult. The chance of finding one IS 0.0001220703125%.

Ichida

Years
  • ...so don't play. If you're spiteful enough to hate Nintendo for slowing down your shiny hunting, you shouldn't be playing.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
  • Yes, the loading is slowed. Like mostly everything else. (Surfing.)
    You'll have to live with it though. Yes, surfing is a pain. I just hold B to make it look like I'm surfing faster.

Kota

Years
  • LOL..

I love how everyone is ranting on the new game..

Alright, quite frankly.. I say that it's one of the best. Sure it's slow, shines are suppose to be hard to find like Ichida said. The slowness is because they want you to look at the work they've done in making the game look so good on a hand-held.

Normally, Nintendo is showed for how fun a little game can be. I don't think it's going to change as fast, but this is a GOOD start.

Kota--

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • ok... i luved to soft reset in the previous games and i was able to get 5 shinies this way(rayquaza, charizard, metagross, groudon, and mewtwo)... but in this game... it (1) is harder to push and (2) the title screen takes forever to load because of stupid dialga... is it like that for pearl... and does ne 1 agree???

You should be soft resetting the game in order to get the correct NATURE, not colour. Don't be a racist now! ;-)

If you spent the time you do on finding shinies on getting the correct nature, then you would have a legendary that can be effective in battle (granted it's an all legendary battle).

The game is slower probably because there's much more information to process within a tiny little thing made of plastic and metal than with previous games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    haha yeha it was like one in 812628 or something like that.....but yeah i AHTE dumb palkia at the begginning

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
  • You should be soft resetting the game in order to get the correct NATURE, not colour. Don't be a racist now! ;-)

:3 Precisely.

Grass is okay.

Shinies are supposed to be hard to find. They're supposed to be rare. They're supposed to be spesh'. And besides, if I see someone with a shiny that isn't like, zigzagoon or something pathetic like that, I automatically think, "omgwtfbbqHAX."​

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I think the fact that it's slower to soft-restart is a good thing. Shinies are supposed to be rare and hard to catch. This just makes them even more difficult, which means when/if you do catch them,it makes it all that better. They're becoming less rare now with everyone trading them over the Wi-Fi.

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    ok... 1. id rather have a shining pokemon than a good nature...
    2. i don't cheat by using codes to get them so why is it a big deal 3. id rather have a shining pokemon than a good nature... 4. how are they supposed to be hard to catch if someone from nintendo did put in soft reset... AND 5. id rather have a shining pokemon than a good nature...

Kota

Years
  • Aye, some people take it as a big deal. Some people are after rares and some just want to train their Pokemon to have the best stats. It's what your into honestly. I for one don't care about rares. As long as I have my pokemon that I trust when I battle, heck you can't worry me.

Ps. You said the same thing three times.. =\..

Kota--

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    i love rares because you can brag about them... you cant really brag about having strong pokemon until you actually beat the other person in a battle...

p.s. .... umm.... duh

Kota

Years
  • The point of Pokemon to ME, is not being able to brag..

It's more of a relationship bond, Nintendo makes it as if they are your pals, friends, pets ect.

That's only an opinion though. Everyone has a right to believe what they want of course.
    I just don't believe in bragging for rares when you have a one of a kind pokemon with you.

Kota--

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    i luv braggin... and i don't like creatin bonds with videogame caracters.... i just don't understand how that could b... cause they can't luv... (hapiness doesn't cound)... cause it does nothing 4 u.... NOTHING... where will hapiness in a videogame get u... NOWHERE... so... in conclusion.... shinies kick ur butt... n i luv u... n only bonds work between people cause thats wat makes the world go round and round n round n round n round....

Ichida

Years
  • Wow. What a heartless tool you seem to be. I look forward to beating you and your crappily raised shinies down in battle. :)

Kota

Years
  • Right.. Well I said Nintendo tried making them act as if they were your friend. When I say you can trust the pokemon you use you know it'll win. Your totally oblivious to that. You think you have to love something in order to trust it. Which is not the case.

Anyway. Back on topic.

Kota--

metroid fan

Portable builder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    I'm pretty sure that gravity makes the world go round. But sure I like shinies, I have 3, and 2 are legit and out of those only one isn't the soft reset over and over kind. The real one is a geodude and it's hawt. But I think that getting them the soft reset way is boring it takes forever and isn't fun.

Back