• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I am very interested in ROM hacking and Emulation.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    The same as above although I am interested in getting to understand the Roleplay and Clubs sections.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Yes, possibly sometime in the future but not at the moment though.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Hopefully get some help in eventually creating my own hack ROM.

Right now after doing a clean up of the mentor list we got SwiftSign available finally! I can get him to take you in to give you a tour of the Emulation section if you like. :)

1. What boards are you most interested in? 4th Generation Gaming and Challenges.
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Competitive Battling.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yea, namely FanFiction.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make some close friends that I can Skype with and chat, and learn new things.

Welcome! I think you and bobandbill will be perfect together. :D He'll talk to you about anything 4th generation, as well as Fanfiction & Writing! I think he's a great match for you. He'll be more than happy to take you in. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    Right now after doing a clean up of the mentor list we got SwiftSign available finally! I can get him to take you in to give you a tour of the Emulation section if you like. :)

SwiftSign should be fine for me thanks. Oh and I forgot to put that I am interested in the Challenges section.

Years
  • Welcome! I think you and bobandbill will be perfect together. :D He'll talk to you about anything 4th generation, as well as Fanfiction & Writing! I think he's a great match for you. He'll be more than happy to take you in. :)

Alright, thanks Megan :) I look forward to being a mentee!

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    Need a mentor please!

1. All rom hacking boards.
    2. Roleplaying.
    3. Roleplaying if I get help understanding it.
    4. Make friends.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2012
    1. What boards are you most interested in? Graphics and New Gen BAttling
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? New Gen Battling
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? YES PLEASE!
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make friends, have fun!

Lila.

Banned
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? Competitive Battling
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Graphics
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes. I would like to learn how to make my own art and learn how to graphically design different banners or other images. I took a photoshop class when I was completing my undergraduate program; however the skill has sort of waned a it. I would like to sharpen this skill as being able to swiftly use technology is always a positive endeavor. I would also like to broaden my horizons for competitive battling both on wifi and on simulators. I would like to know how to effectively build teams to win most of the time versus my opponents. Also, I would enjoy learning how the tiering process works and the way in which certain pokemon are placed in different categories.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just have a little bit of fun and learn to battle!

*Sorry for my lack of explanation in my third question. If there's anything else I need to do please let me know : )

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Just a reminder for those of you that just posted a request after this post: Be sure you briefly explain your answers. Just answering a simple "Yes/No/Maybe" answer does not tell us anything! That'll leaves us asking ourselves "yea...but which ones?". :P Especially for question #3...what other sections would you like to explore besides the ones you mentioned in question #1? Keep this in mind, everyone! :)

SwiftSign should be fine for me thanks. Oh and I forgot to put that I am interested in the Challenges section.
    SwiftSign should adopt you by now. :D Have fun!

Alright, thanks Megan :) I look forward to being a mentee!

Bobandbill will take you in when he gets on. :D You'll defo have fun. ^_^

1. All rom hacking boards.
    2. Roleplaying.
    3. Roleplaying if I get help understanding it.
    4. Make friends.

We are kinda cramped for ROM Hacking right now, as SwiftSign has already taken enough mentees. But since your second choice is Roleplaying, we have both PkMn Trainer Yellow as well as Miss Doronjo for the RP corner. :3 So I can get you set up for that? :3

1. What boards are you most interested in? Graphics and New Gen BAttling
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? New Gen Battling
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? YES PLEASE!
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make friends, have fun!

You might want to explain #3 as it does not tell me much.

We have Cirno for the Art Gallery right now since you're interested in graphics. :3 And we have Requility and PlatinumDude for competitive battling. :3 So either one of the two sections you're interested, we have mentors available. :D

1. What boards are you most interested in? Competitive Battling
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Graphics
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just have a little bit of fun and learn to battle!

What other sections do you want to venture in? I recommend you explain #3 a bit.

Kinda the same as I said to the guy I quoted above. But I see you are more interested in Competitive Battling. :D Both Requility and PlatinumDude are available. :D Let me know if you're still interested. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • We have Cirno for the Art Gallery right now since you're interested in graphics. :3 And we have Requility and PlatinumDude for competitive battling. :3 So either one of the two sections you're interested, we have mentors available. :D

All right, I'm available for Lila..

Lila.

Banned
    Years
  • No offense, but I think I'd rather have requility. I think that we'd be able to connect as females girl power!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    We are kinda cramped for ROM Hacking right now, as SwiftSign has already taken enough mentees. But since your second choice is Roleplaying, we have both PkMn Trainer Yellow as well as Miss Doronjo for the RP corner. :3 So I can get you set up for that? :3

I guess, But I can't get on often. I might be on tomorrow. Can you set me up with one that can tomorrow?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • No offense, but I think I'd rather have requility. I think that we'd be able to connect as females girl power!!!!

Well, PlatinumDude already offered his services to mentor you. But it's also up to you if you want Requility. :)

I guess, But I can't get on often. I might be on tomorrow. Can you set me up with one that can tomorrow?

That depends on you though. I can't set you up with a mentor if you don't plan to be on as often. When you come back, let me know if you're still interested. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mentor plz!

Ello, im looking for a mentor (or menters) to help me with enulation, battle compation and learning japanese (if possible). I would also like to learn about other subjects, but mostly what I mentioned above. Thankms in advance.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^Uh, I don't think we have a mentor(s) for most of the stuff you said to be quite honest, especially with learning japanese. :( The mentors here are there to take you around a certain section of the boards and teach you a few things about the subject along if you have any questions or need any help.

Also you mean battle competition?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    1. What boards are you most interested in? trading pokemon, rom hacking, battles, legendary pokemon
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? rom hacking
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? help new users (like me now :)
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? finish a rom hack of pokemon emerald

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? trading pokemon, rom hacking, battles, legendary pokemon
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? rom hacking
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? help new users (like me now :)
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? finish a rom hack of pokemon emerald

Well, we're a bit cramped for ROM Hacking right now. But we indeed do have TwilightBlade, Sydian, and Livewire for the Trade Corner, since that's your second interests. They'll show you around the large section that is for trading. :D

And you can always help out fellow New Users by welcoming them to the forums! You don't need a mentor for that :P (unless you want my advice! ^_^).

pokemon2109

gonna be a pokemon master!!!!
    Years
  • i really need a mentor!!!
    this is my first time here so someone please help me!!! onegai ne?
    1.i am into rom hacking,emulation
    2.rom hacking,emulation. hehehe~!
    3.maybe, i want to first learn how to make pokemon games.
    4. specifically, i want to make my own pokemon hack. i dont know alot of things like scriping, ect...

so please someone be my mentor~! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    I would like a mentor. I am interested in fan games and hacks, as well as spriting. I also enjoy just discussing Pokemon.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • i really need a mentor!!!
    this is my first time here so someone please help me!!! onegai ne?
    1.i am into rom hacking,emulation
    2.rom hacking,emulation. hehehe~!
    3.maybe, i want to first learn how to make pokemon games.
    4. specifically, i want to make my own pokemon hack. i dont know alot of things like scriping, ect...

so please someone be my mentor~! :D

Unfortunately we are cramped with Emulation mentees at the moment. Ill only direct you to a mentor if you are interested in the Emulation boards.

I would like a mentor. I am interested in fan games and hacks, as well as spriting. I also enjoy just discussing Pokemon.

Spriting and pixel art are part of the art gallery and that's were our art gallery mentor Cirno comes in. :) She'll show you around the boards and subforums that indeed include pixel art.

NV

Dracon Leader
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in?
    The Pixel art section in the art gallery and the Roleplay
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    The Roleplay section since it's higher quality then the ones I'm used to.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    Sure. But I'm not sure if I'd be good in anything other then the Creative section.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    I'd like to start up my role-play series, and have my sprites reviewed. I'd also like to find friends who also sprite and roleplay.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in?
    The Pixel art section in the art gallery and the Roleplay
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    The Roleplay section since it's higher quality then the ones I'm used to.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    Sure. But I'm not sure if I'd be good in anything other then the Creative section.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    I'd like to start up my role-play series, and have my sprites reviewed. I'd also like to find friends who also sprite and roleplay.

Hey there! As Pixel Art is part of the Art Gallery, we have Cirno for that. :3 She'll show you around the Pixel Art boards as well as the rest of the Art Gallery. And we have both PkMn Trainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner. All three are available, so whichever section you're interested in, let me know and I'll see if I can get someone to take you in. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back