• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Oh goodness, I just can't do it all by myself. I don't know if I could safely traverse the sea of named anonymity safely alone, and I'm woefully unfamiliar with the exotic social tango of internet forums.

Ah ha~ Less dramatically; I feel genuinely inexperienced with forums and I'd like to request a guiding light.

I'm most interested in the creatively inclined boreds. Anyone who knows their way around a pencil is a magnificent fellow in my book, and I want to bump sides with others who I can seek advice and critique from. That's not to say I'm disinterested in the other cogs of the machine though!

I'm an avid roleplayer, I'll admit. I adore weaving stories enough as it is, but when I can get someone else to do half the work for me?! It's ingenius, I tell you.
    I've been aching to break into competitive battling and unraveling the mysteries of an effective team, Effort Values, Individual Values, and why the heck the Nuzlocke challenge absolutely despises me. (And everyone else too, I'm certain.)

There's also all sorts of squees to be had over how fabulous Ruby is in the Pokémon Adventures manga. And there's the greatest debate of our time... Is Rarity more fabulous? Or Ruby? Cross fandom discussion never ceases to be interesting.

I'm certain to poke around throughout the entire website if it catches my fancy, but I can't be certain where such whimsies will lead me and when.

Most importantly, I'm looking for co-conspirators to assist me a project gone sour, in a game I've been planning. I hate to aound utilitarian (I'm sure that word means what I think it means), but I'm desperate to get this thing movig, and I'm having no luck on my own.

I just know I'll find a niche for myself here, I'm just... Timid about wedging myself in, I guess.

Wow um....I'm not sure if you're introducing yourself or you're trying to request a mentor. From your post, to be honest, I can't decipher what your interests are. I do see you are interested in both Roleplaying Competitive Battling, and Game Development. Is that what you're aiming for?

I would recommend you to fill out the form from the first page, so that way I can pinpoint your interests and match you with the best mentor for you. :)

Last edited:

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    I apologize for my long windedness. It does get out of hand fairly often. *Er-Hem!* I promise to keep a leash on myself this time Dx

1) I'm most interested in the Creative Discussions area. There's no specifics, honestly. Just the entire durned thing~
    2) The same as above, really. But also the workings of the Competitive Battling and Trading areas.
    3) I'm certain I'm going to check out entire forum by some point or another.
    4) I have a project I'm working on, a fangame, and I'm hoping to recruit helpers. Otherwise, I'd like to enjoy the entire thing~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • That's okay!

We have separate mentors for the Creative Discussions area, so pretty much Abnegation for the Art Gallery and Game Development, and Roswell & Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner. We also have PlatinumDude and Forever for Competitive Battling, as well as TwilightBlade for Trading.

So, whichever you like! Anyone of those mentors I mentioned are willing to take you in. :)

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    Thank you very much~!
    if I may, Abnegation sounds like the best pick for me.

It's kind of funny, this adoption thing works in reverse~ withthe "mentee" picking the mentor I mean.

Ah ha ha~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It works that way better because if I contact the mentor first before I pinpoint the interests, new members leave. Now that it looks like you're staying, and still expressing interest, I can go ahead and contact Abnegation. :3

He'll be on shortly to take you in! :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yupp! I'm available, best you come to me with whatever questions, concerns and advice you have and need. You can shoot me a PM, or you can send me a message via skype (my add is gavz93) or go with my MSN ([email protected]). Whatever it is be sure to approach me and I'll help you out.

Thanks for the heads up again Meg!

Dancer_A

Rogue
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I guess rom-hacking, I only really lurked there so I'm not sure what else is here
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Maybe competitive battling?
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Sure?
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Not be a lurker who just appears and disappears

Does that work?
    Green text?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I wonder why there's green text in that CSS thingy. :|

Anyways, yeah...great to see that you're willing to learn more about our sections! I remember you mentioned that you're a minor hacker and you're willing to learn more about the Emulation section. Our three mentors (DrFuji, SwiftSign, and dragon456) have room for one more mentee and are willing to take you in whenever. :3

Since you're also willing to learn about Competitive battling, I'm sure PlatinumDude is willing to teach you the basics! He's a regular in CBC and he'll convert you to a battler. :D

Emulation or Competitive Battling, it's up to you and what you feel more interested in...and we have mentors for both :)

Piko the Pichu

Protector of Sweden
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Pokemon General, Spinoff Games, Pokemon Anime, Challenges
    Computers and Technology, Emulation
    I'd love to get to know all of the website.
    The layout of the site, boards with nice people to talk to about things I like, and other stuff like that :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Great to see you! Toujours and Sydian seem like a good match for you since you're interested in General Pokemon discussion as well as spin-off discussion. Both are great mentors. Depending on what you feel you're interested in, I can get one of them to take you in. :)

Also, we have Hybrid Trainer for C&T (part of Technology & Media) if you're interested in that as well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Honestly, all three are great. xD I'll go ahead and contact one of them and he/she'll be able to take you if he/she can. :D

xdom

Jaguar Skills
    Years
  • 1:what boards are you most interested in?
    Black and white and black and white2 cause i really want to play them both i pumped for black and white 2!
    2:What boards are you most interested in to understand?
    RPG cause i love RPG's!
    3:Would you like to venture out to other places in the forum?
    ya i already have lol
    4:Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    I would like to learn how to play pokemon black or white i havent yet :(

RudeStyle

Artangels
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    1) What boards are you most interested in?
    All of them.
    Spriting/ art
    Yes.
    Many things, get better at pokemon. ( even though i'm pretty decent from playing Pokemon online) Spriting,

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2012
    1.What boards are you most interested in?
    I`m interested in anything that has to do with pokemon.

2.What boards are you most interested to understand?
    Same as no.1.

3.Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    I`d love to!That would be epic!

4.Are there anythings specific that you want to do while your here?
    Having fun and making friends.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1.What boards are you most interested in?
    I`m interested in anything that has to do with pokemon.

2.What boards are you most interested to understand?
    Same as no.1.

3.Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    I`d love to!That would be epic!

4.Are there anythings specific that you want to do while your here?
    Having fun and making friends.

You may want to be a bit specific on your first question. We have a lot of Pokemon boards for you to check out. What is it that you're interested in terms of Pokemon? The games? The Anime? Trading? Battling? Why not explore around the forums, and come back with your specific interest. We have mentors available for each of the Pokemon forums, so I wanted to pinpoint your interests to a suitable mentor for you.

BlazeFinneganIII

OG Trainer
    Years
  • Hi, I'm new to the community

Hello, I'm new to the forum and was looking for help with creating my own Pokemon games using ROM editors.

Hacking and Emulators.
    Any that can expand my knowledge on creating customized Pokemon games.
    Possibly, but for right now I'm more focused on figuring out ROMs, ROM hacks and editors.
    I would love some assistance finding all of the tools necessary for customizing Pokemon ROMs, along with information on how much customization can be done for each ROM generation.

This is my first time ever using a forum as well, so it will take a little getting used to.
    - Blaze Finnegan III

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    I think that would be competitive battling and tactics.
    To train up a good pokemon team
    Yes, of course!
    Well, how to beat my friends in a competitve battle and making my pokemon team stronger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back