• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oldest console you own with it's box intact

pkmin3033

My SNES, which I bought used in its box...unfortunately it didn't come with the copy of Starwing as advertised, but it did come with Super Metroid, which was nice.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    The boxes for my Wii U and 3DS XL are all that I still have in one piece. They're sitting safely in my closet.

My two 360s (an Elite and a Slim) are the only other console boxes I even have, but they've been torn apart by my cats. They were innocent cat beds, until one cat decided that either she could have both boxes or nobody could have either box.

Years
  • I throw away the boxes to my consoles almost immediately, haha. It's not like they're of any use to me. I think I still have the box to my first PS2, which I got around 13 years ago. Up until around a month ago I had the box to my Gameboy Advance. I was surprised it lasted this long, actually. The box wasn't very sturdy :P

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Unfortunately I don't many old console boxes, however, I do have a few of the old N64 cardboard boxes. Dobkey Kong 64 and Paper Mario to be precise!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've never been one to keep the boxes of my systems, and for the longest time I was in the habit of ditching the cases for video games in favor of putting them all in a binder. Only in the past 3/4 years have I started keeping my game cases. Mostly because my binders are full, but I've started to realize I like the cases better. It's nice to look at your 2 bookcases when they're filled with video games rather than 3 binders sitting next to each other.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • All of my old consoles are sitting snug in their original boxes. Even for my consoles that are in use, I have my boxes ready in waiting.

So, the NES would be my oldest in its original box

All of my old consoles are sitting snug in their original boxes. Even for my consoles that are in use, I have my boxes ready in waiting.

So, the NES would be my oldest in its original box

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    It's the Wii for me too. My family tended to get home consoles second hand so we never had the boxes for the old stuff but even when we did finally get a new console being the PS2, I think we just threw the box out which seems really dumb in hindsight. Same deal with the handhelds we got. I have the plastic case and manual for the Game Boy Pocket I got as a kid, but no box. Hell with the GBA I don't even have the manual. Thankfully I became a bit more prudent about stuff like that as a teenager, so Wii and DS Lite and everything there after I've kept all the stuff in good order.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • My Wii. Sadly...

I got it like 7 years ago and i loved it! Then i got a DS so i never used it again!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Such a weird coincidence that the majority of us here have our Wii boxes intact, lol.

It's honestly the least played console I own, but it's the Wii for me as well (probably because it's still in the box :s I haven't taken it out since I moved to my new place).

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I think I still have my Wii box, but that's pretty much it. I gave most of my old consoles to family members.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • I still have the original Playstation box somewhere in the house. It belonged to my dad when he was a kid and he let me play with it when I was a little lad. God knows where the actual Playstation went, though. ^^;

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I only just started hanging onto boxes with my games within the past few years, I didn't start keeping the boxes intact until I got my original 3DS back in 2012. Since then, I keep my boxes for like everything lol.

Years
  • I've got more old game cases + instruction manuals than I can count, but the only 2 console boxes that I've still got around are for my PS3 and my 3DS XL. As it is, aside from my handhelds, my PS3 is the only main console I have left, so it didn't make sense at the time to keep the boxes around too, especially if they were just taking up space. I know some people hold on to them for sentimental value or as collector's items, but I honestly wouldn't have the space to keep them around anyway, since I've got next to no storage at my new place.

I do wish that I still had some of my original Genesis boxes, though. I would've only been about 7 or 8 when it stopped working, but I'm not quite sure what ever became of it.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Thing is I remember seeing the box to my PS1 and PS2 thrown around somewhere. No idea what became of them though. Oldest box I still have would more than likely be the one for my 'fat' PS3. A lot of god it's worth to me now though what with being dead and all. :/

And like several others in here, I still have my box for the Wii as well. So random.

Back