• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] One Pokepiece looking for recruits!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    One Pokepiece

One Pokepiece aims to bring the world of One Piece into a pokemon setting, by having you follow (loosely) the adventures of the Straw Hats in the Grand Line.

Every major arc will be covered, with the chance to battle powerful foes and meet new nakamas that you will then be able to recruit in your team, to form the

strongest crew ever!

Features:

- Original characters from the One Piece universe, translated into Nakamas!

Spoiler:

- New types, moves and abilities to better adapt the atmosphere of the series!

Spoiler:

- There are no wild encounters, instead enemies are divided between:

1) Grunts (which can be avoided by escaping) and

2) Bosses (which MUST be fought, and can be tough if you avoided the Grunts!)

Spoiler:

- a Wanted Poster system, that allows you to buy the Wanted posters of strong enemies to then find them in the map and beat them.

If you do that you will then be able to add them to your crew!

Spoiler:

Currently in the demo:

- The demo is just to show an example of the game mechanics and to get an "early sip" of the storyline, since it's a newborn project

(though since a good amount of game mechanics have been set the rest should progress more smoothly).

In order to test stuff I had to use graphic material from various sources in the internet (because I have no artistic talent T.T), hopefully in the future we'll have original

images. I apologize for it and leave all the rights to Eichiro Oda and the appropriate owners.

The plot currently consists of the events in the Alvida's ship and Shell town, arriving up to the part where you defeat Morgan, with 4 playable characters.

The Buggy arc will follow soon.

---------------------------CURRENTLY LOOKING TO RECRUITING:--------------------------------------

- Spriters: There are a TON of characters in the One Piece series, so any help to translate them into pokemons is veeeery welcome! (hopefully

soon will be released a version of the game with no borrowed images from google image search >.<)

- Mappers: All the events in the game need a place where they can stay, so of course any mappers are needed and appreciated!

- Scripters: I have no presumption of being a good scripter, so many events and mechanics of the game can be improved by more

experienced scripters!

- Composers: Right now the character cries and the soundtrack has been completely ignored because we lack people with musical talents and

thought it's be better to play without sound until we can get original stuff, so musicians are very welcome!

- Writers: Every map needs to be populated, so there is a loooot of NPCs to be planned and written, making any help in that regard highly sought out!

Also despite having a general guideline due to the setting burrowed from the series, there is nearly absolute free space for planning side quests

and writing new interactions to make the game more lively!

If you want to help, join us at the discord here ^.^ :

https://discord.gg/bNSVvTBRz9

Thanks and disclaimers:

The game is currently made with Essentials 1.8.1, so a big thanks is due to all the great guys that constantly update Essentials to make it more and more easy to use ^.^

Also this is a non-profit game inspired by the One Piece and the Pokemon serieses, created to have some fun with the characters of One Piece in a pokemon

environment, so ALL the characters and settings' rights are of their ownership.

If the characters or events in this game pique your interest consider going to watch the original episodes to see them animated on the big screen 😍

F.A.Q:

Q: Is it possible for me to join, even if I never saw an episode of One Piece?

A: Yes! Despite following the original plot, there is still a lot of space for people who have little or no prior knowledge of One Piece: it needs

lots and lots of fantastic creatures and side quests to populate the wilderness of the game, thus allowing great freedom for spriters or writers.

The One Piece saga always had a very varied range of animals as it can be seen here: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Species

Q: Why are the graphics of the demo underwhelming?

A: Because of two reasons, kind sir/ fair lady: 1) it's a demo made to show how the game works, not how it looks. 2) The game still needs some serious help from spriters >.<

Q: When will I be able to use <Insert favourite character here>?

A: It will happen sooner if you help us ^.^

Known bugs:

(Because it is impossible to have any game without bugs T.T)

- In order to equip the items you need to do it from the inventory. You cannot give an item by selecting the nakama and use the "give item" option. I

probably messed up the script while changing it, or forgot to add some handler to the items... Hopefully it will be fixed in the next demo release, but

for now just know that you need to handle items from the items menu T.T

Thank you for reading and hopefully see you soon on discord! ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    Ok, there is an update on the demo, now with the Buggy arc in it and two new characters to get: Nami and Buggy!
    Here are some screenshots of the new quest:

Spoiler:

Unfortunately despite getting more members we still need more people to help, so spriters, mappers, scripters and writers are very welcome to expand on the areas with more sidequests and worldbuilding 😍
    As stated in the opening post knowledge of One Piece is not necessary since that is simply the frame of the game setting, but it needs a lot of wild animals, custom npcs and maps to become truly unique and interesting so everyone is needed!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    That's weird, I can see them when I check this page... 🤔
    Maybe it was because the images were from an album I had to make in order for Pokecommunity to accept them, since I cannot upload them here directly and I had to first put them online and then put the url. I had that album set as private, but now I changed it to public so hopefully the pics can be seen now 😅

Back