• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinions on false/acrylic nails

Years
  • So I have my acrylic nails done alot of the time as I am letting my older brother friend practice on my nails because she is starting up her own boutique.

I was wondering do you like false/acrylic nails? How do you feel about " Monster claw nails"
    And men do you find false/acrylic nails attractive on a woman?

I personally love them. I see celebrities such as Pia Mia and Kylie jenner have such lovely nails.
    As my school has a strict uniform policy I cannot wear them as much as I be thrown into isolation.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I personally don't like the look of fake/long nails on myself, but if you want them I'm not going to stop you or say anything about them.

The only time it's weird/gross is when your fingernails are longer than your finger. Okay, isn't that just impractical?

Years
  • I personally don't like the look of fake/long nails on myself, but if you want them I'm not going to stop you or say anything about them.

The only time it's weird/gross is when your fingernails are longer than your finger. Okay, isn't that just impractical?
    It depends on the length of the acrylic nails.
    It can be impractical if you have them very long but I only have my nails a bit longer then my actual nail. If that makes sense.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • It depends on the length of the acrylic nails.
    It can be impractical if you have them very long but I only have my nails a bit longer then my actual nail. If that makes sense.

Yea and that's totally fine.

But I saw a cashier at Walmart a while back who's finger nails were at least 5 inches long. She was having trouble operating the register. That's when it gets weird for me.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I like the idea of fake nails because they last longer and there's a lot you can do to customize them, but they're not really for me. I prefer going to a spa to have them painted and styled because lord knows I can't give myself a decent manicure to save my life.

How do you feel about jamberry nails? I don't think they're in Europe. I personally don't like them, but I know of a lot of people who swear by them.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i like them when they are cute and not too long
    the really long ones are ew if you ask me and do not make you look pretty, rather creepy lol
    only the smaller ones with a cute colour or print are nice to look at

never had them myself, cba to spend my money on such stuff, rather buy cute clothes instead​

Years
  • The stuff used to glue on the fake nails is so bad for your actual nails though. :x And when you get your nails done they usually try to cut your cuticles, too. :x DIY just feels safer and cleaner and short nails aren't bad or anything.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    The stuff used to glue on the fake nails is so bad for your actual nails though. :x And when you get your nails done they usually try to cut your cuticles, too. :x DIY just feels safer and cleaner and short nails aren't bad or anything.

I knew someone that had fungal nail grossness on her toenails and she said that according to her doctor it was down to applying nail polish on them too often. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this but it put me off doing anything special to my nails.

Years
  • I dont like long nails real or fake. They just feel really unhygienic to me also it hurts a hell of a lot more when you accidentally poke/scratch yourself in the eye.
    The only cool thing is tapping the table or keyboard with them, you dont get the same enjoyment with short nails :(

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I find having my nails too long is frustrating. I usually keep them just long enough that I can open a can. But to each their own. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    for the most part they gross me out, especially when you see someones nails after they get taken off. i take care of my nails and do them myself, but i understand some people have trouble growing them. they're just not my thing at all

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Eugh, I do not like the look of fake nails. Especially the long ones. You might be able to decorate them, but it's always obvious they're not real.

I'd much rather see normal nail polish.

Years
  • I knew someone that had fungal nail grossness on her toenails and she said that according to her doctor it was down to applying nail polish on them too often. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this but it put me off doing anything special to my nails.

I know different people have different nail chemistry (?) or whatever so things affect everyone differently, but no one I know has had trouble wearing polish all the time. Or even changing it every few days as long as they take a break every now and then. But this is all DIY and not done at a salon.

Back