• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinions on Series

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    So I know a lot of older fans don't like the newer Pokèmon animes and alot of the new fans prefer the new stuff but I prefer all of it.
    When I was little I think Diamond and Pearl was going on. So I'd missed Indigo League, Johto and Advanced Generations. But I did get to watch them sometimes on Saturday morning cartoons or in the movies (Pokèmon 1, 2000 and 3 are the movies we owned on VHS).
    To this day the only versions of the show I've seen are Indigo League and X and Y and I like them both. I never saw Johto, Advanced Generations, Diamond and Pearl or Black and White.
    I just got back into Pokèmon about a month ago though so that might change haha.
    But I want to know your opinions on the series you have seen. I think they're all pretty cool, but maybe you prefer a certain character from a certain series or something. I'm very interested in what others favourite Pokèmon anime series is (mine is Indigo League and X and Y. I couldn't pick one)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I've only watched seasons 1-4 in full, and I'm in the middle of season 5 right now.

Indigo League- My favorite season, I like or love just about every episode. I didn't like how Ash was portrayed and his and James' voices early on, but they get better later and the interactions with Ash, Misty, and Brock were the best in this season. My only real issue with it is that there's several filler episodes inbetween Ash's 8th badge and the Pokemon league which weren't really necessary, and I hated Gary's character in this season.

Orange Islands- I don't mind Tracey but I did miss Brock. I wasn't that into the new types of gym battles, and there was only two episodes showing Ash winning the Orange League. Most of the episodes were good but we didn't get as many humorous moments that we did in season 1.

Johto seasons- I liked that Brock was back and the new Pokemon were nice additions but some were just weird looking and there's some episodes where there's barely any Gen 2s. The transition from Ash's Gen 1 team to Gen 2 was good although I did miss Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard. The episodes where the gang are trapped by the other Team Rocket groups were tense unlike the others. I also like that Gary was much less of a jerk and he and Ash are complimentary towards each other and work together. I liked Ash's character development also. But just way too many fillers, and several that are pretty dull.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Having watched all seasons, they all are good, except black and white's imo.

In order though, I'd say it goes like this:

1)XY
    2)Shinnoh
    3)Hoenn
    4)Indigo League
    5)Johto
    6)Orange Islands
    7) Black and White.

The first were really good overall imo. Hoenn had a lot of fillers and didn't start as good imo, but it got better as it went on. The Indigo league episodes were all good and pretty funny. Johto wasn't to bad, but I don't recall to much on it outside of major episodes. Orange islands was a neat concept, but I never liked Tracy in it, and it just isn't higher up on my list. And Black and white was just a mess and not as good as it could have been.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    1) DP
    2) Advance/BF
    3) XY/XYZ
    4) BW
    5) OS/IL/Johto

Can't really remember much of the OS other than captures which is why it's so low. BW was pretty badly done but I enjoyed it. XY is in the middle as it had potential to be the best, but the writing got worse as the series progressed. Hoenn is pretty well done but took a while to get going. DP is the best by far, let down only by sidelining Brock, large amount of filler and Tobias Ex Machina.

Last edited:
    Back