• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiji Dragon

Has anybody noticed how the markings on Kyogre's forehead resembles and A for Alpha and the marking on Groudon's arm looks like an Omega symbol? Akin to their titles?

Are these new formes?

What does that make Rayquaza?...

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Just found out about the news (in Reddit of all places!); SOOOOOOOOOO ECSTATIC! Finally, after all of this waiting, HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED! ^^

I just finished taking a Genetics final exam mere minutes earlier and this announcement is practically among the best pieces of news I could've received! I can't wait to see Hoenn envisioned on the Nintendo 3DS... It would've been nice to have received the news via an out-of-nowhere Nintendo Direct and/or at E3 2014 (or a Nintendo Direct around the time period of E3 2014); I'm not sure what makes today special of all days... I guess it's just a "because we can" kind of thing by Game Freak/The Pokemon Company/Nintendo..?

I really don't want to be nitpicky, but the "OmegaRuby" thing is bugging the heck out of me. The terms "Alpha" and "Omega" bring up a specific order (at least in my opinion; I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to the pair as "Omega-Alpha", in that order - then again, people like to "break" patterns these days, so I shouldn't be that surprised), so it's a bit odd to see Ruby coming first in the "Ruby-Sapphire" pairing yet getting the "last" Greek letter. "AlphaRuby" and "OmegaSapphire" would've made more sense to me. However, someone pointed out to me that Kyogre precedes Groudon in Pokedex numeration, so that's probably why Kyogre has "Alpha" to its remake version's name (that, and Kyogre's Volcanic Veins seem to manifest the "Alpha" symbol while Groudon's Volcanic Veins kind of resemble an "Omega" symbol). And to top that, there's the bit of Fridge Brilliance involving the symbols of Team Aqua and Team Magma:

OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Moreover, "OmegaRuby" sounded like a fanmade game/hack the first time I read it; I had to do a double-take and verify that the official Pokemon site was listing the title. {XD}

Just saw the comments about ORAS possibly not being about Hoenn and thought. What if the Backpacker's region is the region. XD. Doesn't make much sense to me but it would be pretty funny for them to use old mascots and fan hype to promote something else.

LOL; that would just suck. XD I'm hoping the region is indeed Hoenn, but that mentioned turn of events is still a possibility..

Has anybody noticed how the markings on Kyogre's forehead resembles and A for Alpha and the marking on Groudon's arm looks like an Omega symbol? Akin to their titles?

Are these new formes?

What does that make Rayquaza?...

I really hope that the remake artworks are simply stylizations of the traditional Groudon/Kyogre artwork and that these aren't new Formes or Mega Evolutions; Groudon and Kyogre are powerful enough as it is, IMO, and I don't think we need more legendary Pokemon other than Mewtwo and Lati@s receiving such Super Modes (since the point of Mega Evolution in itself is largely to bestow a Pokemon with strength on par with legendary Pokemon). And it would just seem wrong for the super-ancient Pokemon mediator, Rayquaza, to be weaker than them.. >_>

I can't wait to see what will be done with the graphics and music. The music could practically be left untouched from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Versions, in my opinion; it's just that good!

I'll probably add more remarks later, but here's hoping that Pokemon OmegaRuby Version and Pokemon AlphaSapphire Version get (improved) simultaneous worldwide releases like Pokemon X and Y did.. OMG; I just noticed that the "Version" nomenclature is officially absent yet again for the English releases.. I was okay with its foregoing for Pokemon X and Y, but I'd hate to see it go away completely.. :(

(And finally the overdosage of "HOENN REMAKES PLZ" will simmer down a bit...I'm a fervent supporter of the games' existence, but it was getting quite irritating to see it in irrelevant contexts on Pokemon Facebook page and the like in posts that weren't even related to Hoenn/Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire in the first place.)

AIIIIEEE; I can't believe they actually exist now! The only possible news that could top OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire's news is the inclusion of playable Mewtwo and playable Ridley (and playable Roy?) in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Thank you to everyone who brought about the existence of and/or supported the existence of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes! It's been a long journey (with plenty of "stringing us along to seemingly no end" in play), but we finally made it! ;-;

Years
  • Waaaaaaaaaay too many pages to read through, so I have no idea if this has been brought up before (and I apologise if it has);

Why would they say "epic new adventure!" and "dramatic new world!" ? Before anyone shoots me, I'm just suggesting this: they've caught us off guard these past 2 generations, a hell of a lot. The fact that they've held back from outright saying that these are remakes is curious, to me.

I know they're more than likely just playing it fast and loose with the term 'new' though - I suppose it's not as if they're saying "BRAND new".

Anyway, I'm liking the potential of new formes for Groudon and Kyogre (though they don't look all that different to be honest). Realistically I think they'll need to do SOMETHING with them, because they just haven't quite kept up with the newer legendaries, in my book.

Years
  • X/Y is going to be forgotten easily. Hoenn remakes were just desperately needed and people were talking about them much earlier, so I won't be surprised when X/Y will just die in vain.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Waaaaaaaaaay too many pages to read through, so I have no idea if this has been brought up before (and I apologise if it has);

Why would they say "epic new adventure!" and "dramatic new world!" ? Before anyone shoots me, I'm just suggesting this: they've caught us off guard these past 2 generations, a hell of a lot. The fact that they've held back from outright saying that these are remakes is curious, to me.

I know they're more than likely just playing it fast and loose with the term 'new' though - I suppose it's not as if they're saying "BRAND new".

Anyway, I'm liking the potential of new formes for Groudon and Kyogre (though they don't look all that different to be honest). Realistically I think they'll need to do SOMETHING with them, because they just haven't quite kept up with the newer legendaries, in my book.

Because saying it's an "epic old adventure" doesn't have quite the same ring to it :p Besides, if you were born after the year 2000, it's definitely a new adventure, I guess?

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    I find new Mega Evolutions pretty unlikely, and that's because ORAS still need to battle with XY.

In previous games, when new forms were introduced mid-generation, when battling between, say, the other player's game would display it as its original form, but with the stats, moves, (and if applicable, type) of the new form.

However, Mega Evolution occurs during battle. I can't imagine how they'd get XY to recognize an in-battle mega evolution that, as far as XY is concerned, can't happen.

The closest thing I can think of is Giratina's Griseous Orb, which in Platinum, will always be moved to the Bag if you attempt to trade it. They could do something like, if you are facing an X or Y game, the Mega Stone is moved to the Bag.

But, that has its own problems. If you're intending to use a Mega Evolution, the moveset you choose is likely going to be far more suited to that Mega Evolution. By simply taking it out of the bag without asking, you hurt your team, because that Pokemon is less able to do the job you trained it for, and, also, have no opportunity to replace it with a different held item that might be useful.

Edit: For the record, this is not about the Eon duo. This is referring to the Mega Sceptile, Swampert, and Weather Trio people have been talking about.

yes but to battle online you need an online connection, which means GF can always patch XY if they need to. They might not need to, as the mega-evolutions may already be hidden in the code.

Taiji Dragon

I really hope that the remake artworks are simply stylizations of the traditional Groudon/Kyogre artwork and that these aren't new Formes or Mega Evolutions; Groudon and Kyogre are powerful enough as it is, IMO, and I don't think we need more legendary Pokemon other than Mewtwo and Lati@s receiving such Super Modes (since the point of Mega Evolution in itself is largely to bestow a Pokemon with strength on par with legendary Pokemon). And it would just seem wrong for the super-ancient Pokemon mediator, Rayquaza, to be weaker than them.. >_>

The formes we see in the art work being artwork stylizations was my first impression but again why would they modify them to look different and leave them untouched in game? To me that would be ridiculous from their part. I think those are indeed formes or megas. If they get formes probably Rayquaza will. If they indeed recieve formes and leave out Rayquaza I would be on your same page.

Years
  • Ermegerd, can't wait. And I believe the new designs for Kyogre and Groudon are possbily mega evolutions, like we got for Latias/os.

They are probably just stylized artwork of Groudon and Kyogre rather than Megas. Most Megas tend to have drastically different appearance and that doesn't seem to look like it for me.

Years
  • They dont really look like mega evolution pokemon that much to me. I just believe that gamefreak is getting creative with the design. I dont think we are going to get that much out of x and y's code. Who is to say what gamefreak is planning right now with these new games?

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I'm honestly not a fan of R/S at all, so I hope this is a sequel or something along the lines of.

I mean, my immediate impressions are kind of bleak, but I know I'm going to buy it anyway.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I'm so excited to play these games!!!! It's going to be absolutely spectacular!!!! I'm a little bummed I missed the reveal but it doesn't even matter because Hoenn remakes are going to be a thing!!!!!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • And of course we already have an entire forum for these games, lol.

But, oh my Arceus I can't wait. I've been waiting for these remakes for a while, and with X and Y moving the series to the 3DS I knew they'd be doing these remakes for it. It will be amazing to see Hoenn in 3D. And November is actually decently soon; I thought the wait would be longer. I'm pleased, to say the least.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    TBH, I have always hated Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I could go on for hours an hours about why I do, but I will just keep my mouth shut for all the RSE fanpeople. I question if I'll get a copy, unless there is something in the games that I must experience. Please let there be 3DS worthy graphics instead of the eyesore the original RSE was.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Please let there be 3DS worthy graphics instead of the eyesore the original RSE was.
    I'm pretty sure we'll get graphics similar to X/Y. It'd be silly of them to have the same graphics as the original R/S/E at this point.

Also, one of the admins needs to add "HOENN CONFIRMED, [username]!" to the list of possible welcome messages.

Years
  • I'm so pumped! But then I realized I don't have a 3DS. Sad, but the release is near my B'Day. So, who knows? I may get it for my B'Day. Although not that much stuff was shown, we'll just wait for E3.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • It's great to finally see them working on official remakes of the Gen III games. Hoenn was my one of my favourite regions, and I never got to play it to its full potential.

Hopefully the games will have more "3D" content than X / Y did. Most of the character models were static images and the overworld itself was in 2D. If the remakes had more 3D content in the overworld as an example, I feel like it would attract more people and it would an overall more enjoyable experience for those who love the 3D aspect of the 3DS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back