• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ^Whoops, I completely missed that, haha ;; If it is due to the towers around Mauville, perhaps they'll be evolvable on at least one of the neighboring routes! (If they only go with one, then it'll most likely be Route 110 due to New Mauville being there.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the updated Trick House puzzles (by updated I mean seeing them in glorious 3D and maybe made to be a bit more difficult). Wouldn't mind if they changed some of them, either, though I really hope the trivia one returns because I found that to be a lot of fun XD Loved the Mossdeep-esque puzzles as well, so it'll be cool to see which one returns and how it'll turn out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Speaking of evolution, I wonder which place you'd be able to evolve Eevee into Glaceon? There's not much ice-y area in Hoenn at all. Well, there's this cave near Mossdeep City where Pokémon like Spheal reside; perhaps they could use that? Aside from this, I don't have any other idea. As for Leafeon, there's Petalburg Woods.

Years
  • Neither the Moss or Icy Rocks were available in HGSS, so it's possible they won't appear at all in ORAS, either. Also, given how Pokebank allows for easy transferral, GF might be of the mindset that people can just evolve their Eevee into Leafeon or Glaceon in XY and transfer them on over to ORAS. Still, it'd be a lot simpler to just have them in the games (and would be more convenient for those who don't use Pokebank or have easy access to Wi-Fi), so if they did I can definitely see the Icy Rock in that one cold room in Shoal Cave. I'd definitely prefer to see the latter.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Speaking of Pokébank I think they'll need to update it so it can read and accept transfers from and to ORAS at some point. I think in it's current form it'll only accept XY, especially because it's meant for only those two at the moment. Wonder if they'll do so upon release or at a later date...
    Also I wonder if trading between XY and ORAS will be allowed pre-national dex...Irc FrLg didn't, but HgSs did.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • The reason why there is PokeBank is that to connect XY to future games as well, along with future games to connect to other future games or XY. So I'm pretty sure after ORAS, we can connect them to newer games thru PokeBank.

Years
  • The reason why there is PokeBank is that to connect XY to future games as well, along with future games to connect to other future games or XY. So I'm pretty sure after ORAS, we can connect them to newer games thru PokeBank.

I know, but I wonder if they'll have to update it every single time a game(s) is/are released, especially during a new generation as they'll need to register the data of new Pokémon into it.

Corocoro usually comes out the 14th or 15th. So it'll likely leak next week. If it's another early leak it'll be by mid next week or at the latest late next week or early next next week if it comes out late.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I know, but I wonder if they'll have to update it every single time a game(s) is/are released, especially during a new generation as they'll need to register the data of new Pokémon into it.

Corocoro usually comes out the 14th or 15th. So it'll likely leak next week. If it's another early leak it'll be by mid next week or at the latest late next week or early next next week if it comes out late.

Why not? They already made it a paid service, They could atleast add the new features that comes with the new games, and possibly add filters to stop newer Pokemon to be sent back to XY or ORAS or any other future game that would have been released.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What do you guys think that they might reveal? I would personally love to see more news on primal-reversions; currently, we don't know much things about this at all, aside from Groudon and Kyogre having such forms. Aside from that, if they have more mega-evolutions waiting for us, I'd like them to lend us some info on them, too. Seriously hope that there have Mega-Skarmory in ORAS; been waiting for it every since the feature has initially been announced.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I really hope CoroCoro can give us updated Gym Leader artwork. Plus some more Hoenn locations in 3D. That's all I wish for.

Of course, more mega evolutions can be nice.
    I think most likely culprits include Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt and Mega Latis.
    hmmm... Mega Flygon

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I think they might reveal a few designs, like maybe Roxanne's full art (instead of what we got to see in the video.)

They might also show off a few screenshots. Maybe they'll reveal a new Mega Evolution. (Only one, have to leave some for the players to discover)

I'm going to be a party pooper and be realistic: I think CoroCoro won't show us that much.

Of course, what ever they do, we'll be speculating for days ^_^

Years
  • I think they might reveal a few designs, like maybe Roxanne's full art (instead of what we got to see in the video.)

They might also show off a few screenshots. Maybe they'll reveal a new Mega Evolution. (Only one, have to leave some for the players to discover)

I'm going to be a party pooper and be realistic: I think CoroCoro won't show us that much.

Of course, what ever they do, we'll be speculating for days ^_^

I'm on the same boat as you, chances are we'll get tiny things, if we get anything at all.

As for Budew replacing Roselia, I think if they start selling the incenses in slateport they'll have us breed their pre-evolutions, or give them earlier areas. Like maybe Petalburg woods for Budew.

Years
  • Hopping on the "probably won't get much in next CoroCoro" bandwagon. We still have plenty of months to go before the releases, and chances are they're not gonna reveal anything big until the final months.

I can see Budew appearing in early routes and Roselia in the same routes it already appears in. Both Pokemon can be found in the wild in Sinnoh and Kalos, so if they do include Budew in Hoenn's wilderness, they'll likely keep Roselia there as well.

Years
  • Hopping on the "probably won't get much in next CoroCoro" bandwagon. We still have plenty of months to go before the releases, and chances are they're not gonna reveal anything big until the final months.

I can see Budew appearing in early routes and Roselia in the same routes it already appears in. Both Pokemon can be found in the wild in Sinnoh and Kalos, so if they do include Budew in Hoenn's wilderness, they'll likely keep Roselia there as well.

If it is in Petalburg forest like I mentioned it'll be a good Pokemon to take down Roxanne, especially for those who picked Torchic. Well there's also Lotad and Shroomish in the early routes, but a third early grass Pokemon would help.
    Btw since Mawile is now Fairy it's a good Pokemon to fight Brawley in OR, and Sableye for AS since it is part ghost. Then there's wingull. Now that I think about it, I think Wattson was amongst the most difficult to defeat for me because of lack of early ground types...other than Geodude, but now that Magneton has better steel type moves than in Gen III along with a move that allows it to levitate he's sure to be more difficult to defeat. Even then Geodude is kind of rare to find in Granite cave having a 1/10 chance of finding it. Especially if said Magneton has Sturdy...no Fighting or Ground type will be able to OHKO it. Add in potions for Wattson and it'll be an annoyance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon like Budew are native to Sinnoh, so we most likely won't be finding much of them until post-game. At least, that's what I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back