• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original Generation

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    hello everyone I have come to the decision to post my Concept, its not currently playable but I have many screenshots, and I could write a book on what I want to do with it, but I'm going to tell you about what I have complete so far so without any further delays I bring to you Pokémon Original Generation.

The Idea is to remake Pokémon as you know it, the way it should have been made a ( what feels like ) a million years ago. I as a kid didn't get the Pokémon games until way after Gold and silver released, but I had watched the anime every morning Before school. So when I played the game I was pretty surprised how it wasn't at all like the show. I have long sense wanted a game that had just a few, ( What I thought were ) Core features of a Pokémon Game, some of those like
    1. an open world - This should have been a no brainer but here we are just now getting things like it.
    2. a stamina combat system - I figured after many years they would eventually get to this but to my knowledge they are using there turn based speed system.
    3. leveling system- so I'm doing away with the leveling system as well as how the stats are currently. it makes more sense to me, levels were only mentioned in the anime just a few times.
    4. ( not really a core ) I desired to go with the classic art style from the GBC days mostly because I personally like the style however if you have ever played Diablo 2 Resurrected, you can switch between new and old art styles. after my base systems are built and the games much closer to release I plan on doing that with Gameboy color / Gameboy Advanced arts. I need to know what arts I need before getting to that. I'm currently working with an artist to get the art that I'm missing this far for the Classic style but I'm pretty sure due to essentials I'll have all I need.
    -
    engine -
    I'm using Gamemaker Studio 2 to build the game because RMXP is pretty limited unless you know Ruby and I already know gml.

Phase I - was to get the Menus Done, I wanted ( if you haven't noticed from above ) to Stay as close to the anime as Possible but keep just enough of the game so it wasn't Completely strange.
    the pokedex - you Can move it around the screen same as all the Menus but you can hover over A Pokémon to get info on that Pokémon. unless you have the upgraded Pokedex though you'll Just get a Name and front picture.

Phase2 - Pokémon Party and Catching. as long as you have balls you can throw them however unless the Pokémon's wore Down all your doing is braking Balls.

your bag, Party, and other Things will be limited by your trainers ability, you as a trainer will grow letting you throw pokeball's further, Catch Pokémon easier, etc.

What you see is very early development with a lot of Place holding menus, I'm working day and night trying to get a working prototype, after the combat System is Done I plan on Posting a Demo to get Some feedback on the menus and other things but maybe you can give me some feedback on what you can see until then. if you have any questions please ask.

edit:
    I fixed most of my grammar mistakes now that I'm on a pc sorry about that. >_<
    If anyone would like to play what I have at the moment I can post what I have and the instructions, I don't want this post to die be cause development is taking longer then what I thought to have a playable version to release. but if you want to see what I have so far i can send it to you but I don't want it to be a public release so if you want you can message me on discord "RandomGameFun" or pm me on here.

Attachments

• Original Generation
      image.png
      18.8 KB · Views: 3
    • Original Generation
      image.png
      24.8 KB · Views: 4
    • Original Generation
      image.png
      19.7 KB · Views: 4
    • Original Generation
      image.png