• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU team with unexpected stuff.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
    So I came up with the idea to use Zapdos as a baton passer. I got a Zapdos in XD Gale of Darkness and thought it was kinda cool to use it because it has a niche. What Zapdos does is use Agility to give Metagross insane speed. Metagross has access to Rock Polish to do it himself I know but Metagross also has 4slot syndrome and Zapdos helps him with that. Metagross lures in Dark and Fire types so I got Keldeo to deal with them. So Keldeo will mostly lure in Psychic types so I got myself Umbreon that also deals as a Cleric for Metagross in case he gets burned. To complete the circle off Steel, Dragon and Fairy I got myself Garchomp. He can set Stealth Rocks and deal with Poison and Steel types Sylveon will have trouble with. And to end the circle I got the classic Specs Sylveon with 4 different types off moves to have good coverage on everything. HP ground for Heatran and Shadow Ball to have a chance against Metagross and Jirachi.

So let me know what you think and give me the advice I need to complete this team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Nature - Bold
    Ability - Pressure
    EV's - 248 HP/176 Def/68 SpA/16 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Agility
    - Baton Pass
    - Defog

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Nature - Adamant
    Ability - Clear Body
    EV's - 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

Keldeo @ Life Orb
    Nature - Timid
    Ability - Justified
    EV's - 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
    - Scald
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Taunt

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Nature - Bold
    Ability - Pixilate
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Hyper Voice
    -Heal Bell

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
    Nature - Naive
    Ability - Rough Skin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Nature - Adamant
    Ability - Victory Star
    - V-Create
    - Bolt Strike
    - Zen Headbutt
    - U-Turn

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Meteor Mash > Iron Head on Metagross. Yes, Iron Head is more accurate, but Meteor Mash also gives Metagross a chance to gain Attack to help in sweeping.

You're better off making Sylveon the Wish passer for the team because it has less exploitable weaknesses than Umbreon:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Hyper Voice
    -Heal Bell/Toxic
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate

Diggersby can act as an alternative hard-hitter:
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Quick Attack
    -Swords Dance/Fire Punch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Huge Power

or
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -U-turn
    -Knock Off/Wild Charge
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Huge Power

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Mega Metagross handles the common Psychics in OU well since it 4x resists Psychic, the Latis don't run HP Fire that often (and Earthquake ain't strong enough), Mega Gardevoir gets destroyed by Steel STAB, and (Mega) Zam is frail and you'll outspeed it with the Agility BP boost so Shadow Ball's not a problem. The only one it doesn't handle is Slowbro but Zapdos can take that shit.

I agree with Platinum that Meteor Mash>Iron Head. Not-100% accuracy will always bite you in Pokemon eventually but at least it's not 80% and the 20% chance to get an Attack boost sorta balances it out. The higher power is needed to get some kills.

And because Mega Meta handles Psychics well enough I think that you should replace Sylveon with Clefable to be your cleric. I think that Unaware would be hella nice to have since set-up mons are such a big threat these days. Though Sylveon has better offensive presence than Clefable.

But regardless of which one you go with you can drop Umbreon to make room for something fast. Garchomp and Keldeo's Speed stats aren't bad but aren't as good as they used to be, and Adamant Mega Metagross needs the Speed boosts from Zapdos in order to actually outspeed stuff. Something with a Scarf and/or a priority move would probably do.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
    What if I run Dragon Tail on Garchomp against set up mons. So I replace Umbreon with Sylveon as my Cleric and I think I'm gonna use a Choice Scarf mon as my last pokemon. Any good special attacker that can make good use out of it? I thougt about Gardevoir.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If you run Dragon Tail on Garchomp you'll wanna change it's EVs to something bulkier so it can tank hits since the move has negative priority. It don't work on Fairies either but Unaware Clef doesn't really stop CM Clef anyway.

Scarf Gardevoir would just add an additional Steel and Ghost weakness and you don't really want that. You want something with a little more speed (and power) anyway. Not sure what to recommend to you though. You already have Zapdos so no need to put Raikou in....you could turn Keldeo into a Scarfer but idk if you wanna do that and you'd still need to fill a slot anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    You cannot do nothing against Charizard Y. Keldeo cannot switch in a solarbeam.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
    So I just made some changes. Thanks for the tips.
    So I just found out that Zapdos can learn Roar to, do you think it's worth dropping Defog for it? Or do you think now I added Victini to the team (Charizard Y) it better to keep Defog.
    I know with Victini I create another Dark, Ghost and Ground weakness to the team but I really think a Choice Scarf Vicitini can do some magic.

Back