• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Paint and Describe

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    During the first two days of the GT, I'll open up a sign up session where users will say whether they want to paint, to describe or either. As to not have it take too long, this time probably ought to put a limit to how many users can sign up.

After sign ups ends, I'll randomize the list of players then send a starting image to the first one, which will be a describer. Their description will be sent to a painter, whose image will be sent to another describer. So on and so forth until the end of the GT or when the last submission is sent. Whichever comes first. Then I'll reveal each submission in order and give out the points.

Points-wise all the players would be rewarded participation points. Though I was thinking 50 per player, I think your opinion on this would be the best

CSS-Pending:
    Paint & Describe

It's time to test your interpretation skills!
    What's this about?
    If you've played Picture Telephone before, this is heavily similar, if not the same!
    For the first two days of the Get-Together, this game will be open for sign-ups
    When signing up in this thread, state whether you'd like to describe an image, to paint one from a description or if you have no preference
    Since there must be a close number of Describers and Painters, it's possible the role you'll get won't be the one you signed up for.
    How to play?
    Once the game starts, I'll send an image to a Describer. That Describer must use 10 words or less to describe what's happening in the image and send it to me. I will then send the description to a Painter, who must use any tools that they'd like, be it handmade or digital or anything, to create an image based on the description. After the Painter sends the image to me, I'll send it to another Describer, and so on and so forth.
    Describers will get 18 hours to send their descriptions, while Painters will get 36 hours.

A maximum of 16 players will be allowed to sign up. You'll earn points for your team by submitting your entry on time, and the points you'll earn vary based on the amount of players:
    • Up to 5 participants = 10 points per player
    • Up to 10 participants = 20 points per player
    • Up to 16 participants = 30 points per player
    Players

Painters

???

Describers

???

No Preference

???

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since this is a longform event but not a competition, increasing the point payout for participants makes sense to me. That being said, 50 per person might be a bit much... I'm not sure. I'll think on it and see what Aaron thinks.

Years
  • As it's just participation alone I agree that points can be somewhat higher.

That said, 50 a person means only 10 people need to join from a team to score 500 points, which in the scheme of things doesn't take too much to muster up. What about maybe doing like a tiering thing which people can unlock? So an example:

- Up to 5 participants = 10 points per player
    - Up to 10 participants = 20 points per player
    - Up to 20 participants = 30 points per player

And so on, maybe cap it to the 30 points at 20+ participants? I think that could incentivise people joining up somewhat or at least encouraging the team to draft people in without making the points completely bonkers. That way, the MAX a team could get, should they somehow muster 20 people, would be 600 points, only 100 more than the current setup which requires half the people.

Years
  • As it's just participation alone I agree that points can be somewhat higher.

That said, 50 a person means only 10 people need to join from a team to score 500 points, which in the scheme of things doesn't take too much to muster up. What about maybe doing like a tiering thing which people can unlock? So an example:

- Up to 5 participants = 10 points per player
    - Up to 10 participants = 20 points per player
    - Up to 20 participants = 30 points per player

And so on, maybe cap it to the 30 points at 20+ participants? I think that could incentivise people joining up somewhat or at least encouraging the team to draft people in without making the points completely bonkers. That way, the MAX a team could get, should they somehow muster 20 people, would be 600 points, only 100 more than the current setup which requires half the people.

It's a bit fiddly, but it doesn't seem unreasonable. Makes sense to me.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I think the tier idea is great! I'm probably gonna cap it at between 14-16 players, giving Describers 18 hours and Painters 36 hours to send their submissions, so it's less likely to go beyond the GT schedule

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Tentative CSS done. No achievements for this one event

Back