• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pairing: srs bsns?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My pair is my boyfriend!

I'm not against pairing just as friends and I probably would have if I couldn't get bf to join or didn't think to pair with him, I just have no real interest in the pairing system outside of having my one pair and heading towards the emblem hahah. I wouldn't say I take it seriously though at all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I like the pairing thing. Im paired to a good friend of mine here that I met on another forum. I think its fun/enjoyable to be paired with someone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I loooove my pairs. They're my best friends! I wouldn't wanna be paired with anyone else. So I guess I take it serious? But not in a freaky way, haha. Just that they're important to me and stuff. As for if it's more than friendship...well they're both hotties, but I'm not into sharing. ;) lol I'll leave this question blank. kekeke.

Edit: Looking at the posts below, I'll just add in that I originally wanted to pair with Klippy cause I had a crush on him, but he was already paired with Hiidoran. So I kinda just jumped into that. But WELL originally it totally was for romantic reasons! haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think pairing is stupid unless you're paired with someone you're in an actual relationship with.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    I dont really understand the pairing system and the point of it..

But Patchisou hit the nail on the head, because I think of pairing as a relationship so if youre not romantically? with the person I dont really see the point.

Like Patchisou Yutohru said, I think it's pretty silly unless you're paired with the person you're actually dating. "Pair" makes me think of a romantic relationship and pairs that're merely for fun (which most are here on PC) aren't that, so yeah. What I find even more silly is when people have more than 2 or 3 pairs, lol. But yeah, just my two cents. XD;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I guess it depends, really. I just treat my pairing as a strong friendship bond with someone.

I am paired to quilzel, and have been for one year and 1 1/2 months. but I haven't seen him as much these days. Though I still consider him as my friend.

Years
    I love pairs, it's like having friendship with a user you interact with well.

I currently have TheFattestSnorlax, ShadowExcadrill and TylerSymes - 3 boys who I love doing Other Trivia with. All 3 happen to be on one of the forums linked in my signature.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Used to be. ._. My first one, we were paired, but for personal reasons we got unpaired. The second one was inactive for a long time, and when she got back, she had to leave PC. Both were great pairs. :D I only take pairing to the friendship level, and I don't see why do you have to take pairing to the romantic level unless you are in an actual relationship. Plus, I find pairing crazy but fun for some reason. xD Especially if you have 2-3 pairs. xDD​

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Yeah, Shining Raichu is my only pair. He's the only one on PC that I've ever talked to consistently outside of the forum, so I suppose it makes sense that he's my only pair.

I think the pairing system just an excuse for people to grow closer to each other on the forums, and feel more welcome/at home here.(Iow, it's a gimmick to bring more activity to the forum.) Doesn't really matter why you have one, as long as it fulfills that purpose.

Last edited:
    Years
    I am paired to my camera... But no, I am not actually paired to anyone and I like it that way, because I never saw the point in them. :)​

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to take pairs VERY seriously, I'm ashamed of just how serious I took them, oh my god. Although I'm excluding the time I was paired to my then-boyfriend, that's different in my opinion. I remember crying when my pair 'left me' for another pair... it makes me shudder to think of that moment.

Nowadays I forget I even have a pair and I doubt Luke of it has thought of it once since we paired, lol.

Years
    I've had three pairs, I think. The first one was because all my friends were getting pairs so obviously I wanted one too. Then once I realised I barely spoke to my pair, and a friend had to tell me it was her birthday, I unpaired because it was silly being paired to someone I barely spoke to.
    The other two were because I was in a relationship with them, and the pairing obviously ended when the relationship did.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I don't care about pairing. Or PC families. Or any of that, really. That's not to say I don't begrudge people who do engage in those activities... they're just not for me, really.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I never really took PC pairing seriously as such, but it's something I've always done just because it's a sweet way to show you're friends with someone or in a relationship with them. I was in a three-way pair for a lot of last year - one of them I was in a relationship with and the other I wasn't, and I dissolved the pair with both of them when my relationship with the first one ended (that was an oddly complicated sentence XD). I just decided I'd disentangle myself from it and start over.

These days, I'm paired with QuilavaKing and Impo, two awesome friends :D

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
    I've never really have anyone in particular to pair with, so it's generally romantic pairs for me. xD I think it would be really cool to have one random pair who's just your friend, but I've never really experienced that! My first "pair" was with four other people (just friends) waayyy back in the day. xD At the time, when I got in a relationship, I left that pairing (still remained friends with the people) and paired with my then-girlfriend. Then after she and I broke up, I was pairless until my boyfriend joined PC, at which time I paired with him. xD Don't get me wrong, I wasn't unwilling to have a pair but I guess I just didn't bother looking for one!

Years
    I think of pairing as similar to dressing up for Halloween. "I'm paired to _____" means more or less the same thing as someone in a mask going around saying "I'm a vampire!" Just silly/fun stuff for people who want some silly fun.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I think pairing is stupid unless you're paired with someone you're in an actual relationship with.
    Depends on what you think pairing online actually means...so I'd completely have a different opinion. I don't call my girlfriend my pair, I call her my girlfriend.

Just a bit of fun to show your fondness or likeness to another member. It's redundant anyway. It's just an extra line for a signature, a post in a thread and an emblem to be gained. In saying that, the person I'm paired to happens to have been a very good friend, one of the best I've ever had online and I'd love to meet her. But my interest in our friendship does not correlate to the significance of an online "pairing".

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    When Mork and I paired, it was to troll our friends who shipped us at the time, I think? XD We put it in our sigs and waited until they noticed and flipped out.

So yeah, I've obviously never taken it seriously. Or at least, I've never taken it as anything necessarily romantic.

Back