• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pal Park?

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
  • I was wondering about Pal Park... If it was in D/P/P/HG/SS then it has to be in B/W. If it is, what new features should they add, and what should features of Pal Park should they get rid of? I was wondering about this, but I want to know what everyone else thinks. Does anyone have an idea about this? I think that Pokémon that evolve when traded that were migrated from a GBA game should evolve when you put them on your team. (I hope this sentence makes sense)

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I don't think they'll have Pal park. I just think they'll have the ability to trade with DPPtHGSS.

Never before have there been a possibility to trade between two generations with one between them. It'd be too easy if they did that.

...Besides, I never liked pal Park anyways >_>"

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think they'll probably just have another Time Machine like in GSC. After all the Pal Park only worked because there was an extra slot in the DS, seeing as it will basically be like normal trading, they may as well use the same mechanic as Gen I - Gen II trades.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I think that Pokémon that evolve when traded that were migrated from a GBA game should evolve when you put them on your team. (I hope this sentence makes sense)
    I highly doubt the Pal Park might make a return for the fifth generation. It seems unlikely for it to continue with more of the hand held DS systems containing no GBA slot. To increase sales of these, and for the future 3DS, I figure they may leave it out this time. Even if it were to make a return though, I wouldn't like it to evolve those that are only able to be evolved through trading. There are some players who prefer their Pokémon to not evolve to certain stages, so this would only break that for them.

Like Johto though, I think they'll establish a new mechanic such as the Time Capsule. Compatibility between DPPt, HG/SS and B/W is already confirmed considering the event Legendary Beasts are needed to unlock the Zoroark encounter in-game. So, it's possible a new trading system will be introduced to allow this compatibility. Such as how trading was done between RBY and GSC.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    They could include both features.

- A Pal Park for those who haven't purchased D/P/P
    - And a Time Machine.

Remember, they have to cater for everybody.

Years
  • As much as I'd like Pal Park to be in gen V, I highly doubt it will be. After all, the newest DS systems don't have a GBA slot.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I'd say Pal Park won't return. But I don't know that two way trading like with the time machine will either. I mean, when they did that, it seriously restricted the additions they ccould do. If they made that happen, they wouldn't be able to add extra mechanics or new ribbons.

So I'd say migration (for Gen IV Pokemon this time) will return, just not in the form of Pal Park. Maybe allow you to select individual Pokemon to be imported.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't think they'll have Pal park. I just think they'll have the ability to trade with DPPtHGSS.

Never before have there been a possibility to trade between two generations with one between them. It'd be too easy if they did that.

...Besides, I never liked pal Park anyways >_>"

Agreed, now that they have HG/SS you could practically get all of the pokemon that are around today without much hassle. This is more than likely one of the reasons why the GBA slot was removed from the DSi and DSi XL. I don't expect the 3DS to have one either.

Pal Park was annoying and IMO doesn't need to come back. More than likely we'll see an RSE remake in gen 5 so that will make all of the pokemon created so far+ gen 5 ones obtainable.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I honestly think that there won't even be trading with 4th-gen. The only reason Pal Park worked was because you couldn't trade them back to the GBA to take advantage of the physical-special split, move tutors, etc.

With new move tutors, new movesets, and likely new abilities for existing mons, I think trading with 4th-gen would be too much to implement without breaking 4th-gen. This would also mean no Pal Park.

Besides, 4th-gen has no data for Isshu. I haven't tried importing any from Colo or XD and then Pal Parking, but I heard there's no Orre data either.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I don't think there'll be a Pal Park, what with the newest DS models having no DS slot, but if there's compatibility with Gen IV, and Gen IV has Pal Park, there'd be no need for a direct link between V and III, would there? :D

Slasher790

Mudkip Lover :3
    Years
  • I doubt that Pokemon Black And White will have Pal Park do to the fact Its 5 gen pokemon and that 4 Gen Pal Park was just OLD Still idk if they will XD

Nagisa

✰だんご 大家族 ✰
    Years
  • I hope they do that.
    That'll be really cool, both time machine, and Pal Park :3
    Well I guess we gotta find out :D

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • the black and white versions should come with a DSi channel download. (kinda like the Mario kart channel on the wii) this channel will allow you to deposit Pokemon from other games like D/P/P and SS/HG onto it. then when you plug B/W back in you should be able to access it via a pal park!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • the black and white versions should come with a DSi channel download. (kinda like the Mario kart channel on the wii) this channel will allow you to deposit Pokemon from other games like D/P/P and SS/HG onto it. then when you plug B/W back in you should be able to access it via a pal park!

Yes.

This would help people who only have one DS and thus could not trade between games without the help of a friend.

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
  • I'd think they would start advertising the dsi with B/W now. We had a chance to migrate from gba world, and since my emerald and leaf green are now dry i dont find any bonus from them :)

Back