• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pal Park?

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
Years
  • IF THEY DON'T INCLUDE PAL PARK I WILL GO TO THEM (Nintendo) AND SHOW THEM MY FALCAWN PAUNCH!!!

Years
  • I honestly think that there won't even be trading with 4th-gen. The only reason Pal Park worked was because you couldn't trade them back to the GBA to take advantage of the physical-special split, move tutors, etc.

With new move tutors, new movesets, and likely new abilities for existing mons, I think trading with 4th-gen would be too much to implement without breaking 4th-gen. This would also mean no Pal Park.

Besides, 4th-gen has no data for Isshu. I haven't tried importing any from Colo or XD and then Pal Parking, but I heard there's no Orre data either.
    It has be confirmed that there will be connectivity to the fourth generation because there is going to an in-game event that is activated by a special event legendary dog. This will also allow you to connect to the third generation with the fifth and because the fourth generation will act as an intermediary. On the topic of a pal-park in the fifth generation I think it is 50-50 chance that a pal-park is included because of the lack of GBA slot on the newer Nintendo DS versions.

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
  • Well, I think that they should include it for people like me who still have DS Lites because A. They can't afford it. And B. Because they don't really care about getting the newest versions of stuff.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • agreed. they could have a different option like:

migrate from GBA game
    migrate from DSi channel
    migrate from trading

migrate from trading could be used if you don't have a dsi but would still like to get your pokemon from SS/HG or D/P/P.

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
    Years
  • Well, I think that they should include it for people like me who still have DS Lites because A. They can't afford it. And B. Because they don't really care about getting the newest versions of stuff.

This is a great idea. I have a DS lite and I don't want to get a DSI. If they did this, then Pal Park can carry on appearing the games.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    the black and white versions should come with a DSi channel download. (kinda like the Mario kart channel on the wii) this channel will allow you to deposit Pokemon from other games like D/P/P and SS/HG onto it. then when you plug B/W back in you should be able to access it via a pal park!

I love this idea. It would be a great selling point for the DSi from Nintendo's point of view and would be far more efficient than having to use 2 DS's. Although they've confirmed to have inter-gen battling so I'm still hoping on 2 way trading Time Machine style, although if they implemented this too it'd be great.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Knowing GameFreak, I'm going to say that it is most likely they'll just scrap the Pal Park altogether. We'll probably get some sort of time machine system like we did when trading between RBY and GSC. As long as they make trading more efficient (drag and drop entire boxes, anyone?) I'll be fine with that.

Back