• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patches For M3 Adapter

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    Hi!I've tried applying ips patches from the Hacks Showcase to roms I'm running on an M3 Adapter using the M3 Game Manager software,but everytime I apply a patch the software crashes.
    Are the showcased hacks only for use with VBA or am I missing something?
    I'm new to all this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    What version of the M3 Adapter are you using?
    You have to have a 2-Slot device. A Passkey for the NDS slot, and a GBA cart for the GBA slot.

If you want to patch, simply use an IPS-Patcher, like ipsXP or lunarIPS to apply it. That should usually work without problems.
    Then just copy the patched game onto your Flash drive and play it. The M3 should set the savetype automatically.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    Brilliant!It works fine now using ipsXP so must be the M3 Game Manager patching utility where the problem is (think it's just for patches for sensors etc on GBA carts).I'm actually playing on a Game Boy Micro so no need for a pass key,but my son uses one with the M3 on his DS.
    I have a new problem now though.I'm trying to play the Southpark hack but I can't successfully save the game.I get a "replace backup memory" error and when the game loads there's a "sub-circuit board is not installed" message.I had an identical problem with Chaos Black.What do I need to tweak so that the game will save successfully?
    Really appreciating your help and this forum in general so cheers!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    There seems to be a problem with the saving routine of the ROM. It's possible that you patched a ROM, in which the save type has been modified to non-standard, which results in the M3 not being able to address it correctly, or the Hack simply corrupted it.
    There are a few utilities that can attempt to fix the save type of a ROM for you, like GBA-tool. Also, there should be a patch around to correct those issues.
    Does it happen with the original games as well, or only when you patch them? Also try in downloading the original ROM from a different source, patch it, and see if the problems still occour.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    Thanks again-your advice is absolutely correct.I tried using the English version of Fire Red instead of the US version for the Southpark hack and now it saves just fine.
    Your help is proving invaluable!

Back