• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patterned Pokémon, do you want to see more?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Yes, but only if it's more like Vivillon (though I could do without the patterns being specific to real-world areas) and not like Spinda. Want a more fun and noticeable difference than Spinda's different spot patterns.

Years
    No, it's just a gimmick in my eyes and having more patterned Pokemon would take away from Vivillon's uniqueness. I think it should remain a special feature of that Pokemon only.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    In theory, yes. Prefers larger, more noticeable patterns (like Vivillon). Never would have known about Spinda without being told. Worries about it detracting from other Pokemon, however. Only added 72 new Pokemon in Vivillon and Furfrou's generation. Coincidence?

Thought about a fish with different patterns (clownfish, koi, ...). Probably results in a simple Pokemon underneath it all. Dedicates a large portion of the visual to the design. Cannot add too much else without feeling too busy.

WispyShrooms

WispyGames
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Pokémon like Vivillon and Spinda have a few different patterns. Would you want to see more of these kinds of mons? Do you have any ideas for them?
    I loved Spinda so I'd be down to see more pattern Pokémo.

Years
    I would not mind seeing more, but not too many. They should remain on the rare side imo. Like maybe 1 mon per generation.
    And they should be more like Vivillon as it's patterns are at least really distinct. Spinda on the other hand... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's got randomized patterns and idc really.

Alcremie has entirely too many forms/patterns though. It has 63. 63!
    That's over 2 boxes worth if you were to try and collect them! I didn't even try =P

As for ideas... I feel like this is mainly Mineraft kicking in, but Lamas. You could decorate lamas with multiple patterns. There are also multiple types of lamas. Could do something with that.

Years
    I wouldn't mind them. Vivillon was fun. It connected the games with the real life locations and it was nice to to collect them all. But I think Alcremie overdone this by a lot. But I guess it goes with the same mindset of quantity over quality just like the whole franchise.

Back