• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Clone Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Steve said:
    anyone offering 'Praetor' or any variation of that is infringing on PC's copyright.. steer clear of them..

PC INVENTED the Praetor posistion as a half smod, half admin to allow those users to do more admin jobs.. any other forum using it is stealing from PC.
    Steve the word Praetor is not PC's. Yes PC might have been the first to have it as the first Sub-Admin spot but Praetor is a real word.

Dictionary.com on the word Praetor said:
    An annually elected magistrate of the ancient Roman Republic, ranking below but having approximately the same functions as a consul.
    V-Road said:
    I just posted somthing on one of the 'clone boards' (Pokeboards, lol, how origional)

I dont think they will like it ;)
    PokeBoards is not a PC clone V-Road.
    A PC clone is a forum that made a copy of all/some/most the forums on PC (same names same descriptions and everything). And PokeBoards is not a copy.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Pokeboard has similar games and everything -hurt and heal, the one above, and everything..plus pair-ups and more..

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Pokeboard may have used a similar forum structure to PC, but it's common to group similar forums together in categories, no?

And I find it quite rude when people join just to say "You copied us! And HERE is the forum you copied from!"

That's getting rather low.

Edit: Claire, that's called "Forum Games" you'll be able to find them everywhere.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    DF dadragonz said:
    Pokeboard has similar games and everything -hurt and heal, the one above, and everything..plus pair-ups and more..
    thanks! cuz thats what I meant

aRedMoon

Years
    That's stuff that members put at any board they want. SPPF has a Pair-Up thread... does that mean they're copying you? (Or you copied them?)

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    PiroMunkie said:
    Just because it is on your board does that mean that you own it and no one else?

Actually, for certain things like logos, it does. But for the actual forum content, such as the other games, there's nothing legally wrong with duplicating it in another forum. Why not enjoy the same games in every forum you go to? Why not debate points with two different sets of people.

Honestly, if duplicating threads in different forums was a crime, I'm sure most of the people who post in more than one forum would be guilty in some form or another.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Toothache said:
    Actually, for certain things like logos, it does. But for the actual forum content, such as the other games, there's nothing legally wrong with duplicating it in another forum. Why not enjoy the same games in every forum you go to? Why not debate points with two different sets of people.

Honestly, if duplicating threads in different forums was a crime, I'm sure most of the people who post in more than one forum would be guilty in some form or another.
    There not(well i wasnt atleast) talking about threads, go ahead, make any type of thread you want ,there is no crime in that. The thing what I saw was how it was layed out.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    Well that's threads, there is no copyright on threads. Like JK said SPPF has a pair-up thread (I am kind of sure we started our pair-up thread first) but we can't stop the making of threads.

aRedMoon

Years
    AZSupraT said:
    There not(well i wasnt atleast) talking about threads, go ahead, make any type of thread you want ,there is no crime in that. The thing what I saw was how it was layed out.
    Look at it again: do we have the same layout as PC?

I grouped my forums quite differently. -_-

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    JKaizer said:

Actually, I've been to have a look for the first time... and the layout does seem somewhat similar. It's not an exact duplicate of PC. But then, when you're talking about two forums with exactly the same topics and content, you have to expect some similarities. So, the way PC and Pokeboards are layed out is different, because that's the only thing that can really be different, since you're both dealing with exactly the same content and subject matter.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    JKaizer said:

wasnt talking about the layout, but I have come to realize that NONE OF THIS is ever going to get anywhere. Might aswell stop posting in the thread and let whatever forums do whatever.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    AZSupraT said:
    wasnt talking about the layout, but I have come to realize that NONE OF THIS is ever going to get anywhere. Might aswell stop posting in the thread and let whatever forums do whatever.

That's actually the smartest thing that's been said in this post.

aRedMoon

Years
    AZSupraT said:
    Sorry, meant forum layout. As in what forums are where. :/

But yeah... let the forums be... if they want to copy PC *Which I know some are* then let 'em.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    this thread isn't here to flame any other boards... it's her to serve notice to PC members that they need to be aware of spammers and that some of these boards are trying (very hard, i may add) to get members.. including spamming other forums.

nothing is wrong opening another forum, or having 'similar' topics.. but a direct copy of our 'ways' and specific topics is ummm well, too much.

just be aware and all that..

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    If the others boards have PC members on it, it is like PC is growing and spreading out everywhere. People come here to advertise because PC is home to a lot of friendly members. Someone has told me about other boards before, but they aren't as fun as PC and they are usually emtpy and it is annoying to make new friends especially when everyone ignores you. Also, I would never leave PC, I'm attached to it. @_@; Don't worry about copycats, they are bound to die out anyways, people will join...then see that there is no one online usually and the topics are slow...then they will eventually stop posting.

I say just let the other boards be, you guys can't be saying "YOU COPIED ME". This is a free country, well ...at least the United States is. If you have no signifigant copyrights on things, you can not say you own it.

Ending Statement:
    As long as I am alive, PC will always exist and I will always be a member of it.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    PichuSecretBase said:
    We made it up. We can't copyright a word but if we made it it's copyright. If i draw a stick person and name him kdaj;dskf;k then he's mine and you cant take him and make another one named kdaj;dskf;k. See? Other wise it's cloinin'

If you followed copyright laws, e.g. for writing and book titles, etc., you made it up, you have to copyright it legally.

There ain't no unspoken law it's copyrighted.

Just means either ya love PC's ideas and wish you'd thought of them, or are a copycat. Not necessarily.

And yeah I got the idea for my boards - both - from other boards. Mine are different.

and I let people advertise their forums on my board. It DOES help keep the 'noying PMs and posts away.

Also, most of us don't use PMs to advertise our forums.

I say I'll give them a mod possie if they want when they join because I need mods.

Not because I'm a lurer.

Ahem, we aren't all perfect or terribly iniquitous.

Also, Zapchu, the way some of these "friendly members" treat me, I'm going back to Serebii if they don't back off.

Friendly members... not all are friendly... The only reason I stay here is cos of Moonlight Shadow and Ninetales_001 (can't log in to his Serebii account)...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back