• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Friendships.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Are they important to you? I guess this goes for the entire internet friendships concept as a whole. Do you feel like the friendships that you form on the internet (but more specifically, PC) are important? Do they match up to the same standards you have for offline friends? Do you consider them the same? Is it more difficult to form friendships on here or offline? Do you actively look for new friends? Overall, just describe your opinion on your friendships here.

Years
  • Friends = friends. I'm not going out of my way to look for friends, but I have to admit it's much easier to make friends on PC because there are so many ways to break the ice and so many ways we're mutual to one another (once our feet are wet). In some ways it's like a club because we make our interests salient through the numerous subforums, and in some way's it's like a church group because the value of friendship, inclusiveness, and community here seems to be a norm - also made salient by the culture. I'm not really elsewhere on the internet, so I can't really say much about that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • To me, friends are friends no matter where you meet them. I've met lots of friends here in the past, but I have also lost them. Despite that, I still hold those friendships close to my heart because they helped me shape the person I am today. I consider my online/PC friends as my real friends, considering I have so little friends in real life.

I usually just let people come to me though. I don't like coming off as someone who's desperate to have friends as just some number on my list.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • It's a very important aspect to me with any Internet community. Friends make the communities more enjoyable. With that said, I don't really have any PC friends yet, so Id like to make some if anyone wants to shoot me a Visitor Message! :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My closest friends are the furthest away from me. And I just celebrated 4 years of friendship with my best friend Klippy, so that should tell you right there how much I value my online friends.

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • I feel internet friendships are great when it comes to playing games together ! You always have people that you rely on and trust to play and become a great team together :D !
    I feel that internet friends can be just as important as friends you see in your daily life that you've known from school,work,clubs or introduced by other friends.
    You can never have too many friends ^_^

Years
  • Friends are friends as everyone has said. If I consider you my friend you're just as important to me regardless of where you're located.

TY

Same as everyone else, regardless for distance. I end up talking to everyone through the Internet nowadays so every friend i have (irl or online) gets the same treatment from me: a big army heading to their base >:3

Years

• That depends on the person in question just the same as IRL friends. But in general, yes. I've met some pretty amazing people on this site, more so than I have on DuelistGroundz in fact. I've had the great opportunity to meet up with a whole bunch of you guys as well over the past few years and I've had a blast with each and every encounter I've had. Nowadays I probably find it easier to make friends IRL than online because I act like a condescending arrogant ass-hole on the internet and that I don't really go looking for friendships online or offline either actually. Friendships usually just happen with me, as opposed to something I would try and establish so to speak. I admit I may not have many friends on here in comparison to a fair amount of other people I imagine (LOOKING AT YOU HIKARI WITH YOUR 100+ PC FRIENDS), but the people I do have as friends are quality and that is what counts.

Sirfetch’d

I consider all of my friends the same regardless if I met them irl and get to see them every day or if I met them online and will likely never see them. I don't have a barrier between friends. In fact, most of my friends I have met online with the majority of them being here at PC. My best friend that I have ever had is someone that I met here at PC and I am so happy for that. It is a bit harder sometimes to maintain internet friendships because you can't see the person and losing contact with them is so easy to do if both people don't make an effort to remain in contact, but I don't let that deter me from putting forth an effort in making many online friendships.

Years
  • I'm not trying to say I don't value online friends whatsoever, but I've got to be honest and say that I can't bring myself to put them on the same level as real life, tangible friends. To me, yes, online friends do definitely have meaning, but not as much as ones I met/made in real life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have found most people online to be honest and dear. So, we can deceive though online anonymity, but that's not what people are actually inclined to do, for the most part. There is simply no real impetus to be disingenuous. Instead, anonymity serves as a platform for blatant honesty; we all have thoughts, after all, that we are afraid to voice in person due to some social stigma or other. I feel that people are more themselves online, and that friendships can be more sincere and lasting if formed by personalities disconnected from concerns of social circumstance.

I don't think TPC is any different to any other online community in this regard.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    It's really hard to not make friends on internet communities, unless you just outright want to be the *****iest, rudest person you can be.

Years
  • I've met some great people here that are quite important to me, so yes. Personally I don't find online friendships to be less important than offline, though I can understand those who do. If I were (location-wise) closer to my best online friends we'd be hanging out all the time!

Years
  • I consider online friendships equivalent to IRL friendships, specifically ones you've developed close relationships to and talk to on a fairly regular basis. It's just like communicating with a friend in real life, except you don't hear their voice and you don't see their face.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • A few of my PC (or online in general) friendships have spilt over into IRL so I obviously don't consider them any different. One of my roommates is someone I met through PC! I don't consider him any more or less of a friend than the other roommate who's been my friend since high school.

Internet friendships are no different to "offline" friendships to me. Plenty of real-life friends I've had in the past are almost exclusively online friendships now because people move and go their separate ways and it's the internet that lets us stay in touch. If I can still consider those people my friends, why does it matter if some friends have always been online-only? It doesn't.

Sirfetch’d

I've met some great people here that are quite important to me, so yes. Personally I don't find online friendships to be less important than offline, though I can understand those who do. If I were (location-wise) closer to my best online friends we'd be hanging out all the time!

Yeah I agree, location is the only bad thing about online friendships. My online friends and I are always talking about how it would be awesome if we were closer and could hang out with each other, but sadly that just isn't possible. I just don't let that one little factor affect how I value a friend. I know though it can be hard for some people to see a friend that they see everyday as an equivalent of a friend they never see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Online friends are very important to me. Sometimes, I even consider them to be more important than real-life friends. They keep me accompanied whenever I'm bored, they're always there for me when I need them, they provide feedbacks when I'm stuck with issues, and more. I wish I had the chance to see them face-to-face, but I can't, unfortunately, since most of them live very far away from me. ):

Sirfetch’d

Online friends are very important to me. Sometimes, I even consider them to be more important than real-life friends. They keep me accompanied whenever I'm bored, they're always there for me when I need them, they provide feedbacks when I'm stuck with issues, and more. I wish I had the chance to see them face-to-face, but I can't, unfortunately, since most of them live very far away from me. ):

What you said made me think of something. I personally feel like you can tell your online friends more than you can your real life ones. This is another reason that I hold my online friends so close. Whenever I am faced with an issue that is important to me, I always turn to my online friends to help because I may not feel comfortable telling someone that I know and have to face everyday in real life. This also goes along with online friends being a bit more understanding and open minded about one's problems.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Some of my PC friends don't come here anymore. In fact, about 80% of them have either left, banned, or stopped caring. They mean a lot to me because these were the people that I would come talk to and have a good time talking with them. I may have real friends outside of PC, but I tend to always ponder about how my old PC buddies are doing and if they ever think about coming back. I'm always open to meeting new internet buddies, but I'll always treasure my old friends.

Back