• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Plays Pokkén - Info & Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Yeah, you'd be able to go both up and down. Seems better to me that way. I'd prefer if it (the all-time/overall one anyway) was to be updated all the time. Weighting I was thinking could just be based on the difference in ranks. If you win/lose to someone of the same rank, you get +/-1 point. If you win/lose vs someone 3 ranks higher/lower than you, you get +/-4 points. Idk if that's a great way to do it or not, it's just an idea I had.

Sounds good!

I guess a big question we should decide on is who's gonna run it? I know Nah's interested in doing the rankings, are there any other jobs that need doing? Is Achromatic gonna be like the overall host? If not would Nah like to? If not who would like to?

I don't think I'd be comfortable doing anything major for the league, maybe a backup if someone gets busy or goes on holiday or something. I would like to try hosting a small tourney sometime, unrelated to the league, though if that would be ok?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd prefer to not host the league. I'm fine with handling the ranking thread and being a league participant.
    The most important thing in regards to this right now would be to develop the basic league structure and stuff

Years
  • Might I suggest a chat platform for quickly finding friendly matches? PC's Discord for example. I do think that league matches should be displayed on the forum, however.

Years
  • I'd prefer to not host the league. I'm fine with handling the ranking thread and being a league participant.
    The most important thing in regards to this right now would be to develop the basic league structure and stuff

How about for now we start up a simple leaderboard like you suggested? :)

People can take part in league matches by partaking in a competitive battle. They'd have to use the League prefix that I'm adding to assure that it's an official league match.

As for confirming the winner... this is tricky. I don't see what reason people would have to lie about losing/winning but maybe it should be a rule that people have to take a screenshot at the end of the battle?

Or maybe there's a way we can track wins/losses through the PC code? If possible, that'd be a good idea.

I can hand out emblems for the people that rank high in the leaderboard and stuff like that.

Let me know your thoughts. :)

I think it's worth taking the time to start it up properly.

The reason I asked what needed doing and who would like to do it is so that they/we could decide first of all how it will be presented and then draft examples and go from there.

I personally don't see it needing more than one or two threads.
    One thread example; introduction post including explanation, instructions and rules, followed by a members directory of those who sign-up, then the ranking tables and any other official or organisational post that is needed. I believe mods can reorder posts in a thread if need be? And whoever is responsible for an aspect of the league can update their post accordingly. The same thread is used for announcements/house keeping and league member interaction.
    Two or more thread example; intro/explanation thread which also links to other threads. Other threads being ranking table and anything else from above example.

I don't think there should be multiple threads for arranging matches.

I think the amount of matches needs to be capped and the same for everyone.

I kinda saw the proof thing like the Egg Swap in the Get-Togethers. One person posts the result and the other quotes the post and confirms. I think screenshots would be good.

Depending on how it's decided to be presented/arranged I'm happy to make some of the posts if someone can help with CSS and charismafying them!

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • This sounds like an awesome idea to me!

Playing against PokeCommunity members sounds a lot better than fighting random spammers online.

All of these ideas sound fine; the only thing I'm iffy about is taking a screenshot of the battle results. First of all, I could only take the picture with my low-quality camera. Secondly, my friends will look at me as if I were crazy if I pull out my camera right after finishing a match...

Other than that little concern, I can't wait for this league to get started!

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    This sounds like an awesome idea to me!

Playing against PokeCommunity members sounds a lot better than fighting random spammers online.

All of these ideas sound fine; the only thing I'm iffy about is taking a screenshot of the battle results. First of all, I could only take the picture with my low-quality camera. Secondly, my friends will look at me as if I were crazy if I pull out my camera right after finishing a match...

Other than that little concern, I can't wait for this league to get started!
    On Wii U, press the home button and go to Miiverse and it will take a screenshot of the screen in its current state. After that you can just save it to your screenshots or whatever.

Years
  • On Wii U, press the home button and go to Miiverse and it will take a screenshot of the screen in its current state. After that you can just save it to your screenshots or whatever.

I never knew that... Thank you very much!

Edit: I just have one more question... No one has been assigned host, right? What kind of responsibilities would the league host have? I have a lot of time on my hands (too much time {XD}) and I may be willing to help out--it sounds like a lot of fun!

Last edited:
    Years
  • When do y'all plan on making a Pokkén event for just friendly matches with the community first? Those of who who visit this subforum, what time-frame would be best for you? If we plan an event and advertise it on the home page's Bulletin Board, I think it could be at least moderately successful.

Years
  • I never knew that... Thank you very much!

Edit: I just have one more question... No one has been assigned host, right? What kind of responsibilities would the league host have? I have a lot of time on my hands (too much time {XD}) and I may be willing to help out--it sounds like a lot of fun!

Not 100% sure to be honest but I guess explaining it, keeping things running, adjudicating if necessary, that sort of thing...

When do y'all plan on making a Pokkén event for just friendly matches with the community first? Those of who who visit this subforum, what time-frame would be best for you? If we plan an event and advertise it on the home page's Bulletin Board, I think it could be at least moderately successful.

If you post in this thread when you're looking for random Friendly Matches hopefully someone will see and join you! You can also post your time zone and what times are generally best for you and I'll make a list in the OP and hopefully that'll help with planning ahead, maybe even find a common good time for a Community Pokken Night!

I'm also going to be hosting a standalone tourney soon, will post something in the next day or so! ^^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    this is from a different thread (the new tourney one) but I'll post it here since this conversation is better suited here:
    Oh, don't worry, this is a standalone tourney, separate from the league :)
    I was thinking with the rankings thread that I would allow multiple sources of battles count towards your rankings, and not only league battles. Other tournaments and certain friendlies would count to me, though I could make it so that official league matches>other tournies>friendlies in regards to weighting points and such. It would give me more to work with for the rankings since right now we're not exactly overflowing with battles. I'm planning to keep a spreadsheet for this that will also track and separate results based on which kind of battle (league/OT/friendly), with the thread to be posted on PC to primarily be an aggregate of those results (and of course let people ask about how the data differs because of it), as well as whatever other statistics I can think of and manage.

iiiiiiiiiiiiif everyone's ok with that, I may be getting too wrapped up in thoughts about this

Years
  • this is from a different thread (the new tourney one) but I'll post it here since this conversation is better suited here:

I was thinking with the rankings thread that I would allow multiple sources of battles count towards your rankings, and not only league battles. Other tournaments and certain friendlies would count to me, though I could make it so that official league matches>other tournies>friendlies in regards to weighting points and such. It would give me more to work with for the rankings since right now we're not exactly overflowing with battles. I'm planning to keep a spreadsheet for this that will also track and separate results based on which kind of battle (league/OT/friendly), with the thread to be posted on PC to primarily be an aggregate of those results (and of course let people ask about how the data differs because of it), as well as whatever other statistics I can think of and manage.

iiiiiiiiiiiiif everyone's ok with that, I may be getting too wrapped up in thoughts about this

I'm not sure about Friendlies, it's quite nice to just battle without worrying about results and stuff but league and tourneys could work. Maybe...

League = single round-robin or double round-robin format
    Tourney = single-elimination format

League matches would be standard "normal" matches and tourneys themed.

Could alternate each month or have a season of league with tourneys in the off-season or league all the time with periodical tourneys?

I think we may be getting close to something! :)

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Good to see that you've started on creating the league n_n

I see that you have it as a round robin format. Do you perhaps want to at the end of the round robin session have it like in the game where the top X players participate in one more tournament and the winner of that is crowned the Champion until the next month/season or no?

Also CSS would be cool for the OP

Years
  • Good to see that you've started on creating the league n_n

I see that you have it as a round robin format. Do you perhaps want to at the end of the round robin session have it like in the game where the top X players participate in one more tournament and the winner of that is crowned the Champion until the next month/season or no?

Also CSS would be cool for the OP

I've been thinking about it and I think I prefer it being points based, like a football league. It also makes it different from the tournaments.

Yes, CSS would be awesome! Once I get the crest I'll be asking for help with that!

What about prizes? I was thinking emblems for participation and one for the winner per month? Results going towards rankings could also be mentioned here.

Years
  • Guys, look, look! The PC League! ^^

PC Plays Pokkén - Info & Ideas

Made by CalicoStonewolf @ Deviantart

Edit: Closing this thread but any questions or suggestions are still welcome here!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back