• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Approved: Photography

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Razor your job is to agree with me (and possibly moments if he agrees). n_n

Okay so like past photography contests, I think it's best for three rounds, one general round where everyone's allowed, being celebration. Thennnn, top 4 (or 6, depending on participants) will move onto round two, where they must take a photo of something representing a community (maybe? idk how hard or easy it is to do that though) and two people move to final two with the final theme being 10. Or we could just have...

Round One: Celebration (everyone)
    Round Two: 10 (top three)

And then from there we pick a winner, they could go from like...

Round One: 24th - 28th
    Round Two: 28th - 30th

So we get max participation ! idk I think that's all we need to really know tbh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    10 is going to be a hell of a theme to try and interpret. You'll end up with a lot of house numbers or something. I'd advise a much more broad theme. I know it's for the 10th anniversary, but I would avoid having numbers as themes. Perhaps go with something like "memories" to symbolize the memories had at PC over 10 years, or other words related to the milestone of 10 years, but, not the number "10". Things like achievement, emotion, success, these are all words you could link to the 10th anniversary.

Sorry to just jump in on that, just throwing out some suggestions to the art competitions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmmm yeah a good point, I kinda like emotion, since I think that would get a lot of creative entries, but otherwise memories also fits. Actually... I really do like memories. I wanna go with that. What about you guys @ Fabio/Razor?

(I'll work on the thread design tomorrow!)

Years
    Memories would need the a little explanation as to why it is a memory to them and what it is blah blah blah.

But I am fine with that.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah that works. I'll get to posting the thread design here really soon !

Years
    Just a quick thought. Was thinking about what I said about someone having to explain why it is a 'memory' to themselves.
    I think we should make it clear that the description has no part of the marking at all. Someone can write a couple of lines and someone can write an essay, but they won't be taken into consideration when judging happens.

This is just to make people feel at ease if they aren't great with story writing or whatever; it is all about the composition, focus, feeling and so on. :)​

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    yeah agreed with Will @ the memory thing. also if it's a really personal memory, like something to do with a passed relative or something like that, they might not want to go into great detail so we should make that really clear. i hope they don't try to do stuff like that for a sympathy vote though.

i think having three people for round two might be a little bit too few. i'd prefer five or six personally. you guys?

Years
    Can't hurt to have more, I don't mind having 5/6, unless we get a poor turnout.
    IMO

Total people 0-9 = Final 3
    Total +10 = 5/6.

Would be harsh to have 7 total people and only kick 1 out! XD​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah that's fine, I was just thinking a smaller amount because the previous photography events have had a low turnout :( So really, ya, we can aim for 10+ n_n

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Photography Event
    Hosted by Forever, Razor Leaf and Captain Fabio
    What does this event involve?

Time for the good photographers to come out! If you like to take photos of things you see, then this is the event for you. Just post a photograph you've taken matching the theme and we'll pick six people to go through to round two, then three to round three, and then the winner.

Also please spoiler your photographs! They can be taken on anything, iPhone, camera, and so on. Oh, and you can't edit them, sorry. Post as-is. Also for the memories theme, describe the memory itself (aka why it relates to the theme), but if it's something too personal to you, we understand and you don't need you to post it. It's optional, in that case.
    Prizes?
    Emblems for those in top three and participant, but you'll see them when the event is over. ;)
    Themes

Round One: Celebration - 24th - 26th
    Round Two: Memories - 26th - 28th
    Round Three: Success - 28th - 30th

y/n

Back