• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop Q & A

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2008
    Actually, limewire most certainly is NOT illegal. The program itself is just as legal as Photoshop, but the downloading music part is illegal. It's a file sharing program, but just started ripping CDs and putting the songs in their shared folders so people could access them.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Hokay. I just got Photoshop, and know NOTHING about it. I want to be able to make prettyful banners with it. Maybe some one can tell me how to use it or something...
    Thanks!!

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    there should be a history option. if you dont see it go to window >history. then go to the part before you erased the layer.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    there should be a history option. if you dont see it go to window >history. then go to the part before you erased the layer.
    No, I don't mean I deleted a layer. I mean I deleted the whole Layer Options in the Pallete. So I can't get to the colorize stuff or anything like that ;-;

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Oh, that's simple then! ^_^ Just drop down the Window menu from the top and hit Layers, and it should pop up on screen again. From there you can drag the tab back into its original window.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Photoshop elements has many tools for making good banners. I used to use it before I got CS2. If you're just starting out, Elements is the way to go since it's much cheaper than the full vers.

Last I remember, Elements has all the things you need for good banners (blur tools, distortion, color editing, marquees, pens, etc.). So to answer your question, yes, PS Elements is a good enough tool to make good banners.

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Hey guys I got a question!
    How do I blend a render into the background?
    What is the easiest way to blend?
    What is the neatest way to blend?

Thanks!

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    There is no "way" to blend, there are many different techniques, such as Gradient maps, photos philters, smudging, and using key colours from your render in the background, look for Full Signature Tutorials on Google, and you will learn how to blend just from those.

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Sorry to jump in like this but (i feel like a nubcake for asking this) what are the
    dimensions for a regular sig and a reg. banner ?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    It really depends upon the artist making the banner to decide what their standard sizes are.
    For me personally I think of the sizes 500x300, 500x150, 300x200, & 450x150px as standard.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Pretty much what Gerri said. Some people prefer larger banners, while on the other hand, others may like smaller ones. Sometimes, it also depends on the banner to be made, and the render/stock that is to be used, etc. For example, if you're stuck with using a small image, you're probably going to use it on a small banner.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Smallest sig I've made was 385x75 largest was near 500x500 although some considered it a small large piece.
    Anyway I was wondering are there any good burn and dodge tutorials? I'm ok at it… but tend to do a little too much… same with my pencil shading xD

Back