• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pick one of these three.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    In Generation 2, we were introduced to 3 Pokemon who would either breathe fire, shoot water or throw sharp leaves!

So which one of these were your favorites? :)

Cyndaquil
    Pick one of these three.
    Pick one of these three.
    Pick one of these three.

Totodile
    Pick one of these three.
    Pick one of these three.
    Pick one of these three.

Or Chikorita?
    Pick one of these three.
    Pick one of these three.
    Pick one of these three.

Excuse me, but this board is about the generation 1 games, not generation 2. This topic does not belong here and it should be moved.

Years
    • Age 31
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I originally started with Totodile..no idea why, but I normally always go with the Water-Type first time through and always end up playing with the Grass-Type second time around. Definitely Chikorita though.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    In Silver I chose Chikorita which is my favourite starter out of the three.
    In Gold I pickd Cyndaquil.
    In Crystal I picked Totodile.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Mine is cyndaquil! I Also like totodile.
    The first game i had was HG/SS so i dont really know what it really feels like. Lol

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Totodile.

I'm surprised at how many people have chosen lil Totes in this thread; I always under the impression that Cyndaquil (ugh) was the most popular of the Gen 2 starters by far.

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
    Years
    Simply... Cyndaquil was my starter because, it was my cup of tea, but knowing bulbasaur from GEN 1 as a Damage and Status stacker, Chikorita would be the same... Now for Totadile, even though he has the early rush aspect with his moveset, also surf. I wanted to play the game, without Stacking or Rushing, As Totadile would be crushing the XP curve way too fast with his moveset, Cyndaquil makes up for it's slow moveset with learning a accuracy crushing move (Good early game) and ember being pretty useful... I Knew i just had to pick cyndaquil, Also I like its design :P (Too much RTS XD)

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    Well, when i first played that gen i would pick cydaquil for the evolution, but then i would go to totodile for strengh and the games are a breeze whit feralagator, but right now i am doing a solo with cydaquil no evolving so i would say cydaqiul

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    Back in the day (3 years ago) I didn't really know what Pokemon was. I was 7-8 years old. When I picked a starter, I picked Totodile. I don't remember anything else. If I never played Pokemon HeartGold 3 years ago and picked Totodile, I would choose Cyndaquil. But history has brought my heart to Totodile. I always pick Totodile when I play Johto games.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
    Gotta go with Chikorita. Loved its evolutions. The other two, not so much (which is weird considering Gen 2 is my favorite).

I love Totodile, but really dislike Croconaw and Feraligatr. I like Cyndaquil, and really like Quilava, but for some reason I just find Typhlosion boring.

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
    Years
    When I first played Crystal, I chose Totodile, but my favourite would have to be the Cyndaquil line. Typhlosion in particular. It isn't used as much as the other starters, but I personally love Typhlosion! :D

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
    The water type starter has been my favorite in every gen except 2nd. I like Feraligatr but Typhlosion was my favorite by far.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    When the first time i played Pokemon Crystal, i chose Chikorita cause he's kinda cute to me. After i raise it to its first evolution (i forgot the name). I replay back the game and chose Totodile, he been my most strongest pokemon throughout the game. haha~

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    The Totodile evo line is my favorite starter of all, and also my fav pokemon of all as well.
    Well, just Totodile and Feraligator. Croconaw is just a waste of space.

Back