• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pictionary

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

PC GT 2021: Online Pictionary (skribbl.io)

d222abh-50723868-7eb7-4005-a0f1-864d2cd1c5a1.jpg

Artist Credit: Bird-of-Disco @ DeviantArt

Hi everyone, welcome to online Pictionary for PC's 2021 GT! Pictionary is a game where an artist tries to communicate what they are drawing to people who have to guess what word the artist is trying to create a picture from. In Pictionary, people take turns rotating between being the artist and the guesser so that everybody has the chance to draw.

Regardless of if you draw all the time or not at all, this event will be a casual and friendly competition of Pokemon themed Pictionary that will be hosted on the website skribbl.io. Games will be running throughout the GT between July 5th and July 19th, with multiple games in the day to accomodate for different timezones! To find out how it will work, see below:

Rules

General rules:

• All online Pictionary games for the GT will be hosted on the website skribbl.io
    • Per Pokecommunity tradition, all Pictionary games will be Pokemon-themed where people will be required to draw and guess Pokemon
    • Each game will be 10 rounds with each round lasting 60 seconds per drawer.
    • The next round begins once all of the players have been an artist within the round and the process repeats itself until all 10 rounds are completed.
    • Please note that if needed, you can votekick the current artist who is drawing for the round. Use your discretion when doing so and only votekick if the artist is either inactive, drawing explicit content or is otherwise disrupting the game. For a votekick to be successful, a majority of people will need to click on the 'votekick option'.
    • The overall winner will be the person who has accumulated the most points at the conclusion of all 10 rounds.

When you're the artist:

• You will have 3 Pokemon related prompts appear on your screen.
    • Of the 3 Pokemon, choose the one you would like to draw the most. This will be the Pokemon that the other players will need to guess.
    • Remember that you have limited time to choose which Pokemon you would like to draw as otherwise the game will automatically assign you a Pokemon to draw.
    • Once you have chosen your word, click on it to begin drawing.
    • You can now draw your Pokemon on the screen using either your trackpad, mouse or tablet.
    • Please try to refrain from writing words on your drawing as a means of giving a hint.
    • Here is an example of how being the artist works:
    Spoiler:

When you're the guesser:

• You will be able to see the artist create their drawing in real-time.
    • You have 60 seconds to keep guessing what Pokemon the artist is drawing, if you think you know what they are drawing then type your answer in the chat.
    • The game will inform you once you have the correct answer. You do not need correct punctuation, the only requirement is that you have correct spelling of the answer.
    • Be mindful that guesses which are not the actual answer itself will be visible to all other players in the chat unless the guess is extremely close to the actual answer, in which case the game will inform you that you are close.
    • Try to be fast with your guess as you get extra points depending on how little time has elapsed since the artist has started drawing.
    • You can also get more points depending on how fast your guess is relative to other players. That is, the player who guesses 1st will get the most points, the player who guesses 2nd will get the 2nd most points and so on.
    • If you are stuck and in need of a hint, you can look above the canvas. Similar to Hangman, the number of letters in the answer is shown above. As the timer runs out, the game will start filling in letters to guide you towards the answer as shown in the below example.
    Spoiler:

• The next artist is chosen once either all the guessers of the round type in the correct answer OR the 60 second time limit runs out.

How do I join a game?

• You can check either this thread or the PokeCommunity Discord as reminders will be sent out when games will be starting. Games will be running throughout the entire GT (5th July to 19th July), I will be posting in advance when I plan to host games.
      [*]Please note you can opt to be pinged each time a game is starting by using !addrole Pictionary on the PokeCommunity Discord to assign the Pictionary role to yourself!
    • In the posts, an invite link to the game will be included. When you first open it, you will be able to customise your in-game avatar and in-game display name. Click the arrows to change your avatar's appearance or the die to randomly generate one.
    • Once you are ready to join, click the "Play!" button to join the game lobby. If you are in the game lobby, you should see a screen like this:
      Spoiler:
    • Sit tight as only the host can start the game.
    • If you disconnect mid-game, do not worry! You can rejoin using the same invite link for the session. However you will lose all the points you have accumulated and have to start from 0 again so be mindful of this.
    • You are also free to join in after the beginning of the session but keep in mind that if you enter during later rounds, it will be harder to win the session. However if you are just looking to have fun and draw Pokemon then come on in whenever you'd like! Again, use the invite link posted for the session.
    • If you have any questions regarding the event, please feel free to post them in the thread or reach out to me privately either via PM or Discord.

If you're interested in participating in a skribbl.io session at some point, please fill out the following form and post in this thread!
    • Username:
      [*]In-game nickname:
      [*]Team:
      [*]Timezone:

Per game, you will get the following number of points for your team:
    • 1st place: 15 points
    • 2nd place: 10 points
    • 3rd place: 5 points

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • 🍀 Username: Eleanor
    🍀 In-game nickname: Eleanor
    🍀 Team: Solum
    🍀 Timezone: CEST (Central Europe Summer Time)

I'll try to participate yes <3

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Username: Radio
    In-game nickname: Radio
    Team: Caelum
    Timezone: UTC-3

I love me some Pictionary, let's go!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Username: Cubeth
    In-game nickname: Haley
    Team: Aecor
    Timezone: GMT-4

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Username: 5qwerty
    In-game nickname: 5qwerty
    Timezone: GMT -4

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Username: Meganium
    In-game nickname: Meganium or Meggy
    Timezone: U.S. Central Daylight Time (GMT - 5)

:)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi friends! Will be looking to host the first game at night (10PM GMT + 10, Tuesday 6th July) which should be at a good time for people living in Oceania/Asia/Europe. Afterwards will also start hosting games in the morning (currently will be 10AM GMT + 10) to cater towards American timezones and anyone in Europe who wants to stay up a bit late! Games will be running for about an hour each. I'll adjust times as needed depending on if another time works better but otherwise keep an eye out on this thread/Discord for a ping for when games will be on. :D

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I do not know how many, if any, I will be able to attend but I'd like to try!

Username: Cherrim
    In-game nickname: Cherrim
    Team: Solum
    Timezone: GMT-4

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Username: Miau
    In-game nickname: Miau
    Timezone: GMT+3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hello, first Pictionary game is up! Come join, will be starting on the hour or 5 past but feel free to come in whenever :D https://skribbl.io/?JX5bCAhP62Cb

Edit: First game is done now, thank you everyone for coming was a lot of fun :'D For future reference, there will also likely be a VC going on in the PokeCommunity Discord whilst we play so feel free to hop in and talk (or listen) if you're keen. Here's the results below (Kung Fu Ferret was also there but left before the final screenshot was taken):

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • My two takeaways from the game:
    - I'm more out of the loop with Pokémon than I thought.
    - I really need to up my typing skills, like holy heck.

It was a lot of fun nevertheless! :D Oh, and I maybe should actually sign up.

Username: Lycanthropy
    In-game nickname: Lycan
    Team: Solum
    Timezone: CEST (UTC+2)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi 2nd game of Pictionary is up feel free to join whenever \o/ Starting in about 10 ~ 15 minutes: https://skribbl.io/?0fUaPZ26xKt7

Edit: Second game is done, thanks everyone for turning up <3 Results are here:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Username: PokeGuy1238
    In-game nickname: PokeGuy1238